InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XD
If the comparison pics, videos, and actual testimonies from people who own it are not enough, they can always check on aftermarket prices.
It shows the different levels these two figures are in.
We'll know better once the final stock has been released. Aftermarket is more than likely high right now as there isn't much released stock yet. Same thing happened with TDK Joker. The serious headsculpt alone was going anywhere between $500-$800 before, the jail dio almost $300, and even the purple coat between $100-$200. Not to mention the whole rooted set for around $1500 more or less. Now, you can't give it away and the rooted sculpts have gone down to between $300-$500 in most cases.

Gandalf's price could stay up there where it's at now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back down to retail after all the batches have finally released just like Joker.

Gandalf's price could stay up there where it's at now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back down to retail after all the batches have finally released just like Joker.

Joker's volume is higher than Gandalf, so Gandalf should be more rare, i bet it will stay on today's price at least if not higher

I don't even know what to say, honestly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.11.49.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.11.49.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.04.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.04.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.11.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.11.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.19.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.19.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.27.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.27.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.34.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.34.png
  • Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.41.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.41.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.49.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.49.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.56.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.12.56.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.13.06.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 alle 11.13.06.png
We'll know better once the final stock has been released. Aftermarket is more than likely high right now as there isn't much released stock yet. Same thing happened with TDK Joker. The serious headsculpt alone was going anywhere between $500-$800 before, the jail dio almost $300, and even the purple coat between $100-$200. Not to mention the whole rooted set for around $1500 more or less. Now, you can't give it away and the rooted sculpts have gone down to between $300-$500 in most cases.

was about to reply,
but @Kit Chen said it better. 👌

Also I think InArt Gandalf is a better overall figure than InArt Joker.
So yeah, time will tell, but I think InArt's Gandalf aftermarket price will still be waaay above it's PO price, and for sure, way above the updated asmus crown Gandalf's aftermarket price. 👍

Last edited:
TDK Joker. ... Now, you can't give it away and the rooted sculpts have gone down to between $300-$500 in most cases.

Is that true? You can't give them away? Has the love for InArt Joker dissipated so quickly? I understand a bit of dilution because of the promise of the HT and now JND, but still... unable to give them away? I'll take anyone's Joker that they wish to give away.

I still love mine. Someone just complimented them the other day, said they were great heads.

Makes me wonder how many Joker sales were just people who had the sole intent to flip them. If it was a lot, they may have flooded the secondary market and accidentally shot themselves in the foot.

Boo hoo for flippers.

Watch though, if HT Artisan Joker ends up being a hard fail, and JND doesn't have a promising proto, the InArt Joker prices might leap forward again.
I initially bought the sculpted single Joker and then decided to upgrade to the rooted. It's the most I've ever spent at once in this hobby, and I did it with the full intent on selling off the diorama, the prison version, and my sculpted single, since I only need one Joker.
Then HT artisan happened and the prices "tanked", meaning the deluxe set goes slightly below retail on FB groups. I was waiting for that excitement to die down a bit so I can recoup my cost at least. Now this JND announcement might mean another delay in prices picking up again for the InArt. :lol

I think you're right. As long as there is the "promise" of something better ahead, prices on the current will be stifled some.

I think a lot of people prefer the HT Joker expression, but we'll see if HT can match InArt for out-of-the-box rooted hair. If HT's Joker turns out like their Chewbacca, then InArt starts to shine again. JND is the real wildcard here. Proto will probably be insane.

Is that true? You can't give them away? Has the love for InArt Joker dissipated so quickly? I understand a bit of dilution because of the promise of the HT and now JND, but still... unable to give them away? I'll take anyone's Joker that they wish to give away.

I still love mine. Someone just complimented them the other day, said they were great heads.
Touche. 👌

I have the rooted InArt Joker set, and I would gladly take another InArt Joker if someone wants to give em to me for free!

I think you're right. As long as there is the "promise" of something better ahead, prices on the current will be stifled some.

I think a lot of people prefer the HT Joker expression, but we'll see if HT can match InArt for out-of-the-box rooted hair. If HT's Joker turns out like their Chewbacca, then InArt starts to shine again. JND is the real wildcard here. Proto will probably be insane.
while this can be true for the Joker figures, it's a different story for the Gandalf figures.
Unlike the Joker with the upcoming JND figure announcement, no other company (so far) is planning to make another 1/6 Gandalf figure.

And talking about specific comparison between InArt Gandalf and asmus crown Gandalf, even when all the batches of InArt Gandalf are shipped, the aftermarket prices of InArt Gandalf and asmus crown Gandalf (even with the updated sculpt) will likely show that InArt Gandalf has increased more in value.

Of course not literally unable to give them away for free. I’m sure anyone would be happy to take it off your hands for free. But, you’re more than likely not going to get your money back when trying to sell it, at least not right now. You might sell it for around $1k but after any fees you’ll be at a loss. I saw a “pre-owned” rooted 2 pack sell for as low as ~$500 a couple months back. That’s quite a loss. Currently, best bet seems to be to sell it parted it out piece by piece rather than as a whole.

I'm glad I'm not the kind of collector that cares about the value of these things. I collect because of nostalgia and sentimentality. Worrying about what something may or may not be worth if I ever decide to sell, which is rare anyways. It's all about the joy of owning these pieces.

My brother is the complete opposite and only collects with dollar signs in his head. Hell only purchase something if he thinks it'll go up in value.

A. Seems like a headache and an extra worry/stress one doesn't need in life

And

B. If you are buying these things with the sole purpose of flipping them (or anything) you aren't a collector. You are a reseller.

I'm glad I'm not the kind of collector that cares about the value of these things. I collect because of nostalgia and sentimentality. Worrying about what something may or may not be worth if I ever decide to sell, which is rare anyways. It's all about the joy of owning these pieces.

My brother is the complete opposite and only collects with dollar signs in his head. Hell only purchase something if he thinks it'll go up in value.

And

B. If you are buying these things with the sole purpose of flipping them (or anything) you aren't a collector. You are a reseller.
Yep, me neither.
I brought up the aftermarket value as a useful and relevant parameter. It's important to consider this factor as it can influence the overall value and desirability of the products in the eyes of potential buyers, in this case to compare InArt Gandalf and asmus crown Gandalf.

I also never flipped any of my figures. I sold my asmus crown Gandalf because.. well, obvious reason. :LOL:

And

Same here. Never sold or traded anything in my 40 years of collecting.

But I do want to get rid of a lot of Disney SW and Marvel figures because I just don’t care about them and will sell them at a loss if I have to.

I just received my Gandalf and am so impressed and blown away by this amazing figure! I was late to the game and by the time I was aware the major players no longer had him available. I took a chance and paid a deposit with Maxnut, not being aware of the possible issues. They looked legit and I thought I was safe. When I read comments about the company on this forum I panicked!! I took a chance and went with a seller on the "auction site" and ended up paying 800 with shipping....OUCH.... I really wanted this figure so waited somewhat patiently. The seller had excellent feedback with a lot of transactions so I felt somewhat safe, but still a bit apprehensive. With his arrival it's turned out fine and seeing how it's even higher now, I'm glad that I did. I haven't heard from MN and have no idea what will come of that transaction. At least it was just a deposit ( which I now have to add to my auction figure to get what I ended up paying). It's still under what the going price is there!!!

The figure delivered yesterday and I've just done a basic assembly to make his appearance as he looked when he arrived at Bilbo's front door. In time I'll add Glamdring and change out his staff to show him as setting out with the Fellowship from Rivendell. The only thing I want to do is water spritz his cloak to get it to drape properly. The rest of his clothing and his hair, beard and hat all worked fine with just a bit of "hands-on" smoothing and placing.

Even though I paid the higher price I'm glad I went for it. I did get on board with Kit for the Premium Aragorn, so am trying to patiently await his completion and shipping.

Cheers!

Back