InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A word to the wise. My KGHobby order changed to "awaiting to be shipped". When it changes to "shipped" and you get a tracking number that means they set up the shipment, but it can take up to a week for the shipment to actually leave the post office.

Exactly.
Customer service is huge.
Regardless of how many emails a company gets,you are offering a service to people.
A poor form response as in putting someone to the back of the line for asking a simple question to them is unjustified.
That Customer wouldn't know how many times a similar question is asked.
One poor response and then repeating it in here or elsewhere can spread like wildfire...and that can kill a business (Hello Toyswonderland).

Having said that, being from Australia,you either get figures last anyway and be patient with that fact,or you order from Hong Kong resellers at a mark up and get it earlier.

Cannot wait to see everyone's pics!!!

Nah, knowing Kit the way I do, him saying something like “put you last on the list” is just him venting and REALLY telling people he has no idea. He’s not gonna actually do it….

UNLESS SOMEONE FOLLOWS UP WITH “you are being unprofessional”…THEN, I can’t blame him for going thru with putting someone last.

I’d rather him be up front and honest over being fake and automated like certain online vendors.

Nah, knowing Kit the way I do, him saying something like “put you last on the list” is just him venting and REALLY telling people he has no idea. He’s not gonna actually do it….

UNLESS SOMEONE FOLLOWS UP WITH “you are being unprofessional”…THEN, I can’t blame him for going thru with putting someone last.

I’d rather him be up front and honest over being fake and automated like certain online vendors.
Not to mention, lots of ppl aren't satisfied with an automated response either b/c they know it's a generic auto response, so it's really a no win.

"I emailed Kit for a real answer and all I got was this auto reply! I know he's on these boards and answers other ppls question's, why not mine?!"

Not to mention, lots of ppl aren't satisfied with an automated response either b/c they know it's a generic auto response, so it's really a no win.

"I emailed Kit for a real answer and all I got was this auto reply! I know he's on these boards and answers other ppls question's, why not mine?!"
Just was contemplating a few hours ago to post the same thoughts.

Best thing you can do is join the OSK FB group if you're on FB. That's where you REALLY see people posting and commenting the same questions over and over again. He responds a lot on there as well so join if you really want to be updated. That said, this figure is well worth the wait! I imagine the extra complexity of having so much rooted hair for both the hair and beard might be slowing the batches down for this. Although I feel like Joker was also a slow roll out but don't quite remember how that went exactly. Might just be how they operate with their production line.

53253643297_5198463a35_k_d.jpg

Last edited:
Best thing you can do is join the OSK FB group if you're on FB. That's where you REALLY see people posting and commenting the same questions over and over again.

Why would anyone want to join because of that? I mean, isn't this site enough? People also need specific groups now to see the impatience, intolerance and genuinely childish behavior that goes on with expensive toys? Good grief...

I spent last week cleaning my shelves and putting away a ton of these "expensive dolls" into boxes that then go away onto a top shelf in a dark closet not to see the light of day again for who knows how long. This will eventually happen with all your dolls, unless you sell them off entirely.

As to Kit, he admirably answers all his emails personally, which I really love... but I can't imagine the exponential volume of emails he's getting since the InArt explosion as well as the Mars explosion of figures and, consequently, new customers. I'm not sure how long he can continue to have the 'personally approach' and still get to everyone in one day while also running a business. At some point, out of necessity, he will have to rely on generic emails.

Why would anyone want to join because of that? I mean, isn't this site enough? People also need specific groups now to see the impatience, intolerance and genuinely childish behavior that goes on with expensive toys? Good grief...
Meant it as a joke if you really wanted to see how crazy it gets with people asking but yeah it's bad in there. I joined way back thinking it was just Kit posting updates regarding his latest shipments but nope it's just people randomly posting questions on when a HT or INART figure will release. As if anyone in a random group knows when a figure is releasing. :lol

No decent person would reply like that, no matter how frustrated they might be. A simple copy and paste standard response is easy, whoever replied that is a grade A twat and no excuses.

Best thing you can do is join the OSK FB group if you're on FB. That's where you REALLY see people posting and commenting the same questions over and over again. He responds a lot on there as well so join if you really want to be updated. That said, this figure is well worth the wait! I imagine the extra complexity of having so much rooted hair for both the hair and beard might be slowing the batches down for this. Although I feel like Joker was also a slow roll out but don't quite remember how that went exactly. Might just be how they operate with their production line.

53253643297_5198463a35_k_d.jpg
In fact, I am in the Facebook group but I totally missed that post because I don't usually look at Facebook much and due to lack of time I lose a lot of information because I can't look at everything day by day... as I told him later when he told me. Not even my question was out of impatience. I simply had a question about when I would more or less have to cover that expense. All of us who are adults know that there are months with more expenses than others and by simple estimation to organize. With this I went on the website and tried to see if I could see an estimated date in the order details or somewhere and I couldn't find anything. After this I prepared to ask the place where I have made my reservation to ask without any harm. I was absolutely unaware of all this mess that I'm seeing with this figure and I had no idea about the situation... having said that, I think that as a colleague said above, a default response for these occasions or link to that same publication in Facebook would be much better. Even putting it on the website itself where people can find out easily without being in separate groups and so on... people are not obliged to have to find out through other sources either.

Pd: amazing pic!

No decent person would reply like that, no matter how frustrated they might be. A simple copy and paste standard response is easy, whoever replied that is a grade A twat and no excuses.
Well he posts here so I’m sure you can tell him how disgusted you are about it.

Did you used something more apart from water? Nice job on the hair. Would be nice to know how you did it.
Water, finger and some soft brushes is all you need. I've since futz it a bit more, especially the brown cloak but just haven't taken any new pictures with it yet.

These are the types of brushes I used. Just asked the missus for any make up brushes she never used. :lol

kwzoDSe.jpg

Make sure you never order from @Kit Chen then. Try your luck with Toys Wonderland! 😂🤣
🤡🤡🤡🤡

From Kit’s page (31st October):

“2nd batch Gandalf invoice sent till order #80354, ready to ship by tomorrow (around 10% released so far)

I have made some posts to explain that we can't provide any kind of updates because I don't own the company INART.

I will post update here when I have information on hand, it's meaningless and time wasting to ask if i know when will be the next batch, *if you in the next batch *or “can you predict when my gandalf will be shipped?””

Before that on the 11th:
“Please relax Gandalf owners
I can’t tell you when will next batch arrive, same as Joker we know only when the invoice arrives
Cash is ready for them, our truck is always standby, we ship within 24 hours once you settle the final invoice, this is the only thing I can guarantee you
Please also get yourself ready for it as it’s coming anytime soon
Imagine what happen if I ask inart everyday “when”? I don’t see any positive action would be made, they won’t and they can’t speedup because you keep asking
Some customers already received the figure from us, what if you paid for “first batch” from other places?
Relax people… it comes when it comes!”

That’s all the info he has until InArt have actually made more figures and send Kit the invoice, whenever that will be.

Back