InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian was pretty lanky top to bottom in Fellowship. Don't really see where you would add mass for him. Maybe a bit of a stomach padding but that's about it.

61f1a7a7dc3e370b740f349eba631350.jpg

CWr7uWY.png

Last edited:
I'm not certain I can think of another 1/6th factory figure that is better.

What is the best 1/6th factory figure out there? DX15 Jack Sparrow? That HT Nicholson Joker? I think one of those two would have my vote for best realized figure, but this Gandalf is clearly superior to even those.

Short-lived this win may be, until Aragorn hits. That clearly promises to be the BEST 1/6 mass-produced figure ever made.

Wouldn't say turning point but definitely a great addition to the hobby that can run side by side with Hot Toys.

It really is crazy how we only had Hot Toys coming anywhere near this level only 1-2 years ago in terms of mass production quality. Happy to have another company finally step up a bit and try to reach this level at a production scale. There's still room to improve but honestly really quite impressive for a company only 2 years and 2 figures into this. Threezero, Blitzway, Enterbay, StarAce and Sideshow has all stayed within the "looking like a $150" figure level for years now. Well...StarAce is more in the $50 looking area but still.

Yeah definitely a turning point in some aspects but I took their comment as meaning that INART was being a sole front leader in the hobby. Not sure why I read it in such a manner when that's not what they meant but it definitely is a turning point in some aspects. Them entering the hobby alone as changed a lot in how Hot Toys has been lately as well. Having them both doing great things only benefits us. If Hot Toys can reach this level of rooted hair, that would be great and if INART can improve things on their PERS to match Hot Toys, we will truly have the best of both worlds.

Them entering the hobby alone as changed a lot in how Hot Toys has been lately as well.

I think that's it. Besides the major leap forward that InArt has offered, it has motivated the otherwise stagnant leader in the hobby to also move forward at long last.

InArt is affecting all things in the hobby. That would be a turning point. We may look back one day with more clarity and realize this was a sea change.

Do you know that for sure.?

Nothing is for sure but the amount of crap I'm hearing from everyone about TW and now that Justin isn't getting responses from them like he used to in correlation to the complaints he's been forwarding to them I'd say any chances of actually getting any orders through TW is slim to none. Even worse for a figure as sought after as this. Keep in mind TW is a reseller meaning they need to FIND AND SECURE their own stock before fulfilling any obligations as far as orders go. Best of luck though. I hope it works out, but the outlook is looking pretty grim for anyone with outstanding orders with that company.

I ordered day 1 with Toys Wonderland, I hope I actually get the thing with all that's gone on recently:pray:
I had ordered this figure about the same time I ordered joker from them. At the time I had no idea about the company's bad reputation. I did get the joker deluxe set shipped from them, however, it took a pretty long time and there was more stock of that it seems like.

I'm not holding my breathe for this one at all. Customer service has been awful and they haven't answered any of my emails except to give me a generic email that said something like "batch 1 of Inart Gandalf has already released. batch 2 orders will ship in late oct/early nov. This is obviously just a lie as I also had preordered on day 1. My guess is they have had little to no luck securing any Gandalf figures and its going to be a real long shot if they ever get one to you.

Does anybody here have any recommendations on where to look if its even at all possible at this rate to find one of these over the next few months? I don't know if there's a second batch order coming like their was with the Joker or what.

I had ordered this figure about the same time I ordered joker from them. At the time I had no idea about the company's bad reputation. I did get the joker deluxe set shipped from them, however, it took a pretty long time and there was more stock of that it seems like.

I'm not holding my breathe for this one at all. Customer service has been awful and they haven't answered any of my emails except to give me a generic email that said something like "batch 1 of Inart Gandalf has already released. batch 2 orders will ship in late oct/early nov. This is obviously just a lie as I also had preordered on day 1. My guess is they have had little to no luck securing any Gandalf figures and its going to be a real long shot if they ever get one to you.

Does anybody here have any recommendations on where to look if its even at all possible at this rate to find one of these over the next few months? I don't know if there's a second batch order coming like their was with the Joker or what.

My best recommendation would be to keep an eye with Kit to see if there are any that pop up after he's gone through the Preorders. If there are any cancelations or non payers.

Ian was pretty lanky top to bottom in Fellowship. Don't really see where you would add mass for him. Maybe a bit of a stomach padding but that's about it.

Gandalf is a slender old man, people in here looking for a 1/6th Santa by the sounds of it

Gandalf, and Ian McKellen specifically is obviously a slender person but neither of you see something off with the following photo?

The body shape underneath doesn't even look natural... Perhaps it is just the photo that is throwing it off? I don't know.

476857-0O8A2753-2.jpg

Back