InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of futzing and adjusting last night. Word of advice, don't stress about opening the shirt holes to fit in the sculpt like you had to do with Joker. You're free to untie the shirts collar and make room for it but I just slotted it in without doing so. The hair covers the neck area completely. It's also easier to tug the shirt out of the neck peg after you slot it in. Did some light water treatment on the bottom portion of the base outfit as well. It's too puffy straight out of the box. Use your finger tips to run it down the fabric to try to mimic the way the folds are going down. Also water futz the beard a bit as well. I want to adjust it even further so that the beard is more narrow and straight down. Need to then bring the side hairs in closer to his cheek. Have it overall be closer to how it was in Fellowship.

The hat is able to slip onto the head without it messing with the hair. Really well done there on INARTs part. Since they use a good amount of product on the hair, it doesn't get messed up when putting it on and off. There's even an adjustable metal wire for you to mess around with in the hats tip. It's insane how that one YouTuber managed to get the hat to point straight up to the sky in that photo posted a while back. You have to intentionally bend the wire to point upwards in order for it to do that. Ridiculous. I wouldn't display this with the hat but it's good to know it fits after what we went through with the initial hat from Asmus.

Something odd with my figure though is that the right elbow squeaks when bending it up and down. However the joint itself is very firm and tight so might just be a case of it being too tight. Gonna look into it later. Maybe lube it a bit or loosen the screw if there is one. There's also an ugly seam/mold thing happening on my gripping hands pointer finger. Not sure if it's a QC issue on mine or if it's universal.

Gonna mess with the outer cloak later but overall extremely impressed with the figure so far. There's a special kind of excitement and awe with this one when you see the insane rooted work done here. Crazy what they're pulling off with rooted hair on a big production scale. Just look at the subtle small curls happening all over the beard. Different texture between the hair and beard as well. Great paint on the hands to make them look old and dirty. This is a step above your typical 1/6 figure for sure with the hair work alone here.

53247595621_a5c342d536_k_d.jpg

53247595616_b9d8334629_k_d.jpg

53249247400_17e7d285e9_k_d.jpg
53247868062_9a6f5ced1b_k_d.jpg
53248744411_e4557be8da_k_d.jpg

53248021527_7fcad85a28_k_d.jpg

Bit of futzing and adjusting last night. Word of advice, don't stress about opening the shirt holes to fit in the sculpt like you had to do with Joker. You're free to untie the shirts collar and make room for it but I just slotted it in without doing so. The hair covers the neck area completely. It's also easier to tug the shirt out of the neck peg after you slot it in. Did some light water treatment on the bottom portion of the base outfit as well. It's too puffy straight out of the box. Use your finger tips to run it down the fabric to try to mimic the way the folds are going down. Also water futz the beard a bit as well. I want to adjust it even further so that the beard is more narrow and straight down. Need to then bring the side hairs in closer to his cheek. Have it overall be closer to how it was in Fellowship.

The hat is able to slip onto the head without it messing with the hair. Really well done there on INARTs part. Since they use a good amount of product on the hair, it doesn't get messed up when putting it on and off. There's even an adjustable metal wire for you to mess around with in the hats tip. It's insane how that one YouTuber managed to get the hat to point straight up to the sky in that photo posted a while back. You have to intentionally bend the wire to point upwards in order for it to do that. Ridiculous. I wouldn't display this with the hat but it's good to know it fits after what we went through with the initial hat from Asmus.

Something odd with my figure though is that the right elbow squeaks when bending it up and down. However the joint itself is very firm and tight so might just be a case of it being too tight. Gonna look into it later. Maybe lube it a bit or loosen the screw if there is one. There's also an ugly seam/mold thing happening on my gripping hands pointer finger. Not sure if it's a QC issue on mine or if it's universal.

Gonna mess with the outer cloak later but overall extremely impressed with the figure so far. There's a special kind of excitement and awe with this one when you see the insane rooted work done here. Crazy what they're pulling off with rooted hair on a big production scale. Just look at the subtle small curls happening all over the beard. Different texture between the hair and beard as well. Great paint on the hands to make them look old and dirty. This is a step above your typical 1/6 figure for sure with the hair work alone here.

Thanks for all the info! Pics looks amazing!

Thanks for sharing all the pics! I think mine is going to arrive tomorrow, my daughter’s birthday so it might be a little while before I get to open mine.

Now I understand why they are selling this for $1000+ on evilBay!

He looks incredible! I preordered him and Aragorn in January from OSK, so I assume I won't be getting Gandalf until December or later.

F me!!
All these pics of the InArt Gandalf look #ucking sick!!!
The sculpt is insanely lifelike.

Cannot wait to get mine.
IF Aragorn turns out just as well....
both contenders for figure of the year.

Just wow.

Also water futz the beard a bit as well. I want to adjust it even further so that the beard is more narrow and straight down. Need to then bring the side hairs in closer to his cheek. Have it overall be closer to how it was in Fellowship.
You nailed the look of the beard. Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Back