InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude! Thank you so much! that really means a lot coming from you And @mikeljanin, love your work man! I’m just a little guy on IG so both your support goes a long way. You guys kick ass! This definitely made my day 🍻

While we’re at it, @JorjeCroft is also a super talented artist on the forums. Not sure if they care for InArt Gandalf..sorry if not and I brought you here😆..but definitely deserves a shout-out.
Awww thank you so much!!! :1-1: :love I haven't got Gandalf but got Aragorn! :monkey3:rock:monkey3

Why rush to pay off something the vendor doesn't have? Does it get you any type of priority for shipping?
There's been times I've missed the invoice and it gets buried under emails. This way I know it's paid and I won't accidentally miss it hence slowing down shipping.

Why rush to pay off something the vendor doesn't have? Does it get you any type of priority for shipping?
There's been times I've missed the invoice and it gets buried under emails. This way I know it's paid and I won't accidentally miss it hence slowing down shipping.

Yup. I’d rather get it over with asap. What drove me to do that is when I had 3-4 invoices hit me in the span of 4 days. I JUST managed it, but i came pretty close to canceling a figure or 2. So to avoid that, I’d do my best to pay off items that cost over $450 so I won’t have that hanging over my head.

And no, from my experience, paying something off early doesn’t prioritize your order number. It’s why shops like OSK and Giantoy are so reliable. They don’t play favorites.

Dude! Thank you so much! that really means a lot coming from you And @mikeljanin, love your work man! I’m just a little guy on IG so both your support goes a long way. You guys kick ass! This definitely made my day 🍻

While we’re at it, @JorjeCroft is also a super talented artist on the forums. Not sure if they care for InArt Gandalf..sorry if not and I brought you here😆..but definitely deserves a shout-out.
Thank you for the kind words, brother!
And I'd love to see @JorjeCroft's work!

Just like most of you, I eagerly anticipate Gandalf's arrival. Despite my impatience, his words reassure me: "A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."

Therefore, I patiently wait for his arrival.

Individual taste respected but… Nah, man it looks great. Both in photos and in-hand.* I think InArt will have the superior figure overall but the Asmus upgrade is excellent. And I’ll be very curious to see how the upgrade Asmus sculpt compares side by side with InArt’s.

View attachment 662676

* And not that you shouldn’t form an opinion of your own—of course you should!—but it’s worth noting that the consensus of collectors in this community is that the GtG upgraded sculpt is actually excellent. There were worries before it released that the facial expression might be too dour and intense, but those fears have not been borne out. Otherwise the hair is phenomenal and the repaint (to GtW) is topflight. It completely transforms the figure.

Now was the original sculpt **** by comparison due to the problem with the eyes being too deep set? Many would agree with that!

The main issue with the figure now (in my view) is that the fabric of his robes requires soaking in water to drape more naturally. That’s kind of a pain to have to go through. (Note: I have not done that.)

The hair looks good, and the details of the sculpt look well done, but the likeness is very off, not sure how to explain it, but it's got all the features of Gandalf without having the identity of Ian McKellen.

Does anyone know when these are going to start going out? I recall Jokor taking a very long time to ship.

The hair looks good, and the details of the sculpt look well done, but the likeness is very off, not sure how to explain it, but it's got all the features of Gandalf without having the identity of Ian McKellen.

Does anyone know when these are going to start going out? I recall Jokor taking a very long time to ship.

The upgraded Asmus GtG sculpts ship fast! Like in 3-4 days.

As for InArt’s GtG, no idea. Not seeing that orders are going out yet but it’s supposed to be this month I believe.

Is it not ment to look like the character from the movie rather than the actor, Ian wore a prosthetic nose for Gandalf for example

Waiting to get this in hand.

From all the photos I've seen of Joker, I think it looks like it fell a lot from proto, was left with a massive underwhelming impression.

From what I see of this, it looks on par with the proto. Which is huge. Gives me a lot of faith for Batman and Aragorn.

But the fact they're releasing great videos on how to futz out of the box to bring it closer to what they would have done to photograph the proto is fantastic. Very good job to Inart so far with this release!

Back