InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I literally finished the trilogy last night, first time for her. She LOVED them.

I am ready for Gandalf the Grrrey!
Hold up; you married her before getting her opinion on Lord of the Rings?!?!
1693151801228.gif

You’re a braver man than I. Luckily that gamble paid off.

Hold up; you married her before getting her opinion on Lord of the Rings?!?!
View attachment 658896

You’re a braver man than I. Luckily that gamble paid off.

Before she married me, she had seen my action figure AND gaming collection 😅 I DEFINITELY hit the lottery with her.

I tried to show the trilogy to her years ago…but she couldn’t get into it at the time, saying it was “scary”.

Then in preparation and getting ready to do a review for IA’s Gandalf, I watched the opening of Fellowship to listen to Galadriel’s prologue…and she joined me. I asked if she wanted to watch the movie with me, she agreed. So I turned on the Chinese subs (thank you 4K collection), and SHE WAS INTO IT! Made me so happy! As soon as the movie finished, she immediately said “let’s watch the next one.”

She LOVED them all! Extended edition btw😁

Now…she’s seen LOTR trilogy, TDK trilogy, MoS trilogy, BTTF trilogy, she really wants to watch Indiana jones trilogy…I just gotta find a way to pique her interest in SW🤣

Like LOTR, she couldnt get into the galaxy far far away. So maybe, one day…

My wife and I literally finished the trilogy last night, first time for her. She LOVED them.

I am ready for Gandalf the Grrrey!
When my wife and I started dating I read her favorite book Pride & Prejudice and she read mine Lord of the Rings. I will never forget watching the Fellowship in the theaters with her. It was before she had finished the book and when the movie ended her first response was “wait. . . why is it over they haven’t destroyed the ring yet.” I had to explain to her the trilogy was one story not there separate connected stories (she was used to reading series). She finished rest before the other movies came out.

I have read the LOTR at least once every place I have lived except for the house I was in from 1-3 years old. I actually just finished the Fellowship last night lol. Definitely looking forward to Gandalf!

Before she married me, she had seen my action figure AND gaming collection 😅 I DEFINITELY hit the lottery with her.

I tried to show the trilogy to her years ago…but she couldn’t get into it at the time, saying it was “scary”.

Then in preparation and getting ready to do a review for IA’s Gandalf, I watched the opening of Fellowship to listen to Galadriel’s prologue…and she joined me. I asked if she wanted to watch the movie with me, she agreed. So I turned on the Chinese subs (thank you 4K collection), and SHE WAS INTO IT! Made me so happy! As soon as the movie finished, she immediately said “let’s watch the next one.”

She LOVED them all! Extended edition btw😁

Now…she’s seen LOTR trilogy, TDK trilogy, MoS trilogy, BTTF trilogy, she really wants to watch Indiana jones trilogy…I just gotta find a way to pique her interest in SW🤣

Like LOTR, she couldnt get into the galaxy far far away. So maybe, one day…
That’s awesome that she was open to seeing them and even better that she loved LOTR.

When my wife first saw my collection, mainly ToyBiz LOTR at the time, she thought it was great that I had a hobby. In our house now I have one room (office/library) where she lets me proudly display things. I few things sneak out of that room and get displayed elsewhere but I try to keep it contained for her.

Out of LOTR, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Star Trek and Marvel/DC, LOTR is her favorite. She loved the others too (except the DCU) but over time with the over saturation of Star Wars, and Marvel she has stopped watching the new stuff. When don’t have Paramount’s network so the last Trek she saw was the Chris Pine stuff.

Our dogs are Pippa (for Pippin) and Tolkien and our son is named Stryder and his second middle name (his Hebrew name) is Reuel in honor of Tolkien. I was not able to convince her to use and Middle Earth names for our daughters though.

That’s awesome that she was open to seeing them and even better that she loved LOTR.

When my wife first saw my collection, mainly ToyBiz LOTR at the time, she thought it was great that I had a hobby. In our house now I have one room (office/library) where she lets me proudly display things. I few things sneak out of that room and get displayed elsewhere but I try to keep it contained for her.

Out of LOTR, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Star Trek and Marvel/DC, LOTR is her favorite. She loved the others too (except the DCU) but over time with the over saturation of Star Wars, and Marvel she has stopped watching the new stuff. When don’t have Paramount’s network so the last Trek she saw was the Chris Pine stuff.

Our dogs are Pippa (for Pippin) and Tolkien and our son is named Stryder and his second middle name (his Hebrew name) is Reuel in honor of Tolkien. I was not able to convince her to use and Middle Earth names for our daughters though.

Dude that’s awesome. She’s definitely put here on this (middle) earth for you. Congrats man.

And I love the names you chose for your dog and son. Stryder is a DOPE AF NAME DUDE!

Back