InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see how InArt has improved... I also fear how backwards my InArt Joker may soon appear.
I already see the flaws in my jokor. The sunken eyes and the mediocre paint on the face. The outfit not being tailored the best or completely accurate. After the batman I am hitting the breaks a bit with inart and slowing down. But I think they are getting better with each one. Aragorn looks the best so far. Its good they are taking the time with superman because that prototype did not look very good

I really love my Jokors, as I have no other Ledgers, but I can see issues. Still, I suppose there is no figure in my collection that does not have issues.
We collectors really should stop expecting perfection at 1:6 scale because it's not a realistic expectation. Especially for mass produced pieces. If a figure hits 90% I'm more than happy and appreciative of owning it. Custom work I tend go be more harsh a critic but even then perfection is not expected.

Gandalf is looking great and him looking better than Joker is what I would HOPE happens. The same way I hope Batman, Pennywise and Aragorn improves as well. You usually have one of 3 things happen when it comes to new companies coming into the field.

They either stay stagnant, they improve or they decline. My bet is that INART will slowly improve in some areas while remaining the same in others. After all, there is a ceiling when it comes to mass producing these things in some factory. Hot Toys has long since reached their peak in terms of overall quality and have stayed in that consistent boat for a while, until recently of course with them trying wool hair.

INART will need to find their consistent ceiling as well. I think it’s clear they are near the top with their rooted hair but maybe they can continue to improve with the eyes, the magnets, the body, etc etc.

This is something you could see happening since Joker was announced. Whatever was their first figure, was always gonna be the first guinea pig to be compared to against every figure release that came after.

In the end, I rather see improvements than a decline in quality.

We collectors really should stop expecting perfection at 1:6 scale because it's not a realistic expectation. Especially for mass produced pieces. If a figure hits 90% I'm more than happy and appreciative of owning it. Custom work I tend go be more harsh a critic but even then perfection is not expected.
I agree with that mindset.

My only pet peeve is when the manufacturer messes up on a detail that would have been easy to fix or they simple fail to do their due diligence when researching the subject.
Examples:
- Wrong color(s)
- Incorrect detailing due to wrong source materials used.
- Cheap materials used.

I agree with that mindset.

My only pet peeve is when the manufacturer messes up on a detail that would have been easy to fix or they simple fail to do their due diligence when researching the subject.
Examples:
- Wrong color(s)
- Incorrect detailing due to wrong source materials used.
- Cheap materials used.
Agree there. Things like the pants is a bit of a bummer. Things that would irritate me is cheap materials. Especially at these prices.

It's more the nitpicking that I have to generally roll my eyes at.

You have to take HMC's comments as if they are indeed coming from that face in his avatar. I believe its deliberate.
spider man film GIF

Spider-Man Face GIF

InArt Joker is already outdated - old - yesterday's news. Hasn't been a year since release and it's already time to sell it just like an MCU figure
I dont see me replacing my InArt anytime soon. If ever. I don't think I'll drop crazy custom money on him. So InArt is where my bar is set for that character. Hell, I'm not even replacing my Modded/Haired DX11 for HT new Artisan version. 😆 Ledger Joker ✅✅️ off.

I dont see me replacing my InArt anytime soon. If ever. I don't think I'll drop crazy custom money on him. So InArt is where my bar is set for that character. Hell, I'm not even replacing my Modded/Haired DX11 for HT new Artisan version. 😆 Ledger Joker ✅✅️ off.

You don't know what you'll be missing. The yet to come HT Artisan 2.0 DX MMS will be an agent of chaos.

Back