InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is OSK the best place to pre-order for UK? Want to get my order in before the deadline but not sure if there are better options?

I have still not PO'd this figure. I'm still torn on how deep I want to go into LOTR.

If I PO this, then I can't see letting Aragorn go... and then probably not Legolas either. So it is a $1500-$1800 decision.

I am having trouble spending that kind of money and yet still having an incomplete set-up. Three figures will cover most movies/franchises... but not LOTR or Star Wars.

I'm waiting for RotK Aragorn myself, and I could be tempted by a GtW. Surely they'll make more than just the announced ones and won't stop with only TFotR figures... right?

Three figures will cover most movies/franchises... but not LOTR or Star Wars.
And then you find yourself wanting 3-5 out of 20 different franchises plus Star Wars plus Star Trek plus Marvel plus DC plus-

giphy.gif

I would hope so. Frodo and Gimli would be enough for me to cover the Fellowship. Due to price, the other 4 would ave to be cut.

They might do a Witch-King since they have the Nazgul already. But I would prefer a good Saruman and Lurtz, which have a fair chance to get made. My absolute favorite would be a proper Gothmog, but that just will never happen at this price point.

So the 5 heroes plus, let's say, Saruman, Lurtz and Nazgul, that's 8 total. Easy $4,000+ on the shelf.

I would hope so. Frodo and Gimli would be enough for me to cover the Fellowship. Due to price, the other 4 would ave to be cut.

They might do a Witch-King since they have the Nazgul already. But I would prefer a good Saruman and Lurtz, which have a fair chance to get made. My absolute favorite would be a proper Gothmog, but that just will never happen at this price point.

So the 5 heroes plus, let's say, Saruman, Lurtz and Nazgul, that's 8 total. Easy $4,000+ on the shelf.
LotR-wise I just want a RotK Aragorn, and maybe a GtW. So about 1K. Sauron would be cool but he'd cost at least 1K himself, and he'd be at least as tall as Thanos if we go by the official height, so he's a no for me. I wonder if they'll do more DUNC figures, but it's unlikely. A good Leto and Jessica could tempt me. But honestly, I'm mostly wondering if their Paul will be just a Stillsuit version, or if they'll make it a two-pack with his Atreides uniform.

Still, it is kinda of surreal how quickly we got used to the idea of 4 grand for about 8 dolls. And then there's shipping and taxes and all that. Last time I counted my wishlist I was in the ~250s. Granted most are longshots, and I could bring it down to ~100, but I'm still all over the place. Just SW alone, and with a lot of regulation brings me to ~30, if I disregard the non-canon EU characters we'll never get.

At this point in the game I don't know how many franchises/teams/etc can be rounded up unless you're a superfan who can commit to one or two things. I'm thinking of going the way where a single figure could represent an entire genre. Eg Aragorn being used a stand-in for all Fantasy. LotR, Berserk, Elric, Zelda, dunno what else. It's all too much and coming out too fast. Exo-6's Trek, SW, InArt, Marvel, the odd DC things and the random surprises; it's not easy to keep up.

Is OSK the best place to pre-order for UK? Want to get my order in before the deadline but not sure if there are better options?
OSK or KGHobby. KG is a few quid cheaper I think-especially if you pay upfront and get the 3% discount- but there’s not much in it.
Both very trustworthy in my experience. Kit wins on customer service and it’s handy that he’s active here on the forum.

I dont want to hurt anyone’s feelings but if production pieces are like the prototype you cannot compare Asmus, Weta or Sideshow to it. It will be next level and possibly the ultimate GTG so think wisely lol.

Seriously considering foregoing all others for this next year. I think the Gandalf character has transcended current, “normal” pricing and is not going back from here.

How close do you think production will come to this prototype..? How much of a drop in quality are people willing to accept.?

NeoGeek toys has this up for PO on their website and are US based BUT it’s substantially marked up AND you’ll have to wait even longer for it for them to get it in. You have until the 14th of June to order at OSK which it probably your best option currently.

OSK or KGHobby. KG is a few quid cheaper I think-especially if you pay upfront and get the 3% discount- but there’s not much in it.
Both very trustworthy in my experience. Kit wins on customer service and it’s handy that he’s active here on the forum.
Appreciate that man!

Back