InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got an invoice email from Kit thinking it was for this...but it's for that infernal eternal toys penguin :gah:

That made me check on when I put my order in, and for me it wasn't until mid June 2022. Hard to believe it's been over a year already. Time flies.

I ordered mine with Kit in January this year, the 10th, so when new allotments were put on the site. So I'll be one of the last I'd imagine.

Sort of getting cold feet with this, though. I've not collected Lord of the Rings since I was in Primary school, and for that reason I'm very excited to delve into one of my favourite franchises that I've long since been out of. But with releases like Joker around the corner and trying to not overcollect I'm thinking maybe to (and my) axe this.

On the other hand, it looks so good. And I've got Aragorn on order also. Furthermore, I don't really want only comicbook characters in a collection. Decisions decisions... Or to be rich!

Jeezus this figure is now $1000-ish on eBay.. and that's the cheapest price. :oops:
I shoulda ordered 2..
Really can't wait to see it in person.

Oh and just in case any of you planning to put asmus crown Gandalf's printed trousers on InArt Gandalf, it is available now on ebay for $175 (the complete crown Gandalf figure with brown box.. you can probably just get the trousers and sell the rest).

Looks like my Gandalf has arrived in the States and has cleared customs!

Watch it end up arriving on my daughter’s birthday next week. If the size of the Joker shipping box is any indication about the size of this one I will have to try to intercept it before my kids or my wife see the box. For the past month our youngest gets super excited whenever a package arrives thinking it is for her. She will be crushed to see that giant box only to find out it’s a toy for dad.

Yea, not looking forward to seeing how much their going to take from me after all that I've sold this year.
Same here. I have tried to be very meticulous with keeping spreadsheets with what I have sold off and how much I originally spent on the figures. I really thinned out my collection big time in order to pay for some family things and to be able to pay for all the LOTR InArt I have and will have on order. The tax hassle definitely has made me think twice before buying something knowing the hassle it will be to sell it later. I no longer impulse buy like I used to.

Back