InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And they're all white. And male. Hmmmmm.......
giphy.gif

I wouldn't worry too much, though. Only a matter of time before Disney gobbles up that IP, and once they do, all will be made right.

giphy.gif

I wouldn't worry too much, though. Only a matter of time before Disney gobbles up that IP, and once they do, all will be made right.
As a fan of the Hobbit films, I'm looking forward to the 13 Ninja Dwarves and the female Bilbo (now Bella) with the pink hair and pierced nose.

Bard will now be an Egyptian queen (Jada Pinkett) and Gandalf (Johnny Depp since he seems to enjoy a lot of Old Toby) will be re-imagined as a Native American shaman. The whole adventure is relocated to Africa and the elves - now Maasai warriors whose leader looks suspiciously like Blade - chase everyone out because Smaug is now sacred and Gandalf & co. were trying to harm an endangered species.

Really looking forward to this release as my first Inart.

Watched the second film recently when I was up North and hanging out my ass, haven't seen it since I was going from Primary to High School, and Jesus... these films hold up incredibly well. I have memorised a lot of moment from it, and getting goosebumps every 10 mins or so. It's nice to have a film trilogy like this with so much pure love and joy poured into it that it stands the test of time - and watching anew and noticing great story parallels of characters like Eomer being cast from Rohan and making his glorious return at Helms Deep and Faramir cast out and trying desperately to please his father.

Anyway... I had forgotten how much I love these films, and the incredible proto of Aragorn made me pre-order Gandalf luckily when Kit had more slots open long after they'd closed.

It's great to see as much love and joy poured into these characters from Inart as much as the team and crew had done with the films.

I'll wait to get this in-hand first before I gush over Inarts achievements, but it's very exciting being able to get these characters with as much detail and accuracy to represent these timeless characters.

On the flip side, and I'm for more seats at the table etc. in every aspect of life. But Jesus, some seats need to be turned away, no matter who you are, if you're just not good at your job. Watching just the second film again is a real eye-opener into how much crap is coming out of film and TV in a broad sense (there's a lot of great coming out, if not phenomenal also), but the amount of IP with absolutely any Joe Blogs working on them with no joy or soul is astounding.

Really looking forward to this release as my first Inart.

Watched the second film recently when I was up North and hanging out my ass, haven't seen it since I was going from Primary to High School, and Jesus... these films hold up incredibly well. I have memorised a lot of moment from it, and getting goosebumps every 10 mins or so. It's nice to have a film trilogy like this with so much pure love and joy poured into it that it stands the test of time - and watching anew and noticing great story parallels of characters like Eomer being cast from Rohan and making his glorious return at Helms Deep and Faramir cast out and trying desperately to please his father.

Anyway... I had forgotten how much I love these films, and the incredible proto of Aragorn made me pre-order Gandalf luckily when Kit had more slots open long after they'd closed.

It's great to see as much love and joy poured into these characters from Inart as much as the team and crew had done with the films.

I'll wait to get this in-hand first before I gush over Inarts achievements, but it's very exciting being able to get these characters with as much detail and accuracy to represent these timeless characters.

On the flip side, and I'm for more seats at the table etc. in every aspect of life. But Jesus, some seats need to be turned away, no matter who you are, if you're just not good at your job. Watching just the second film again is a real eye-opener into how much crap is coming out of film and TV in a broad sense (there's a lot of great coming out, if not phenomenal also), but the amount of IP with absolutely any Joe Blogs working on them with no joy or soul is astounding.
totally agree Gaz.

I don't watch much these days,obviously Star Wars,but as far as horror,I'm not a fan,BUT,I did watch the Haunting of Hill House,and THAT was a truly awesome series on Netflix.
Love the mindf#ck aspect it gave,and the twists and turns.

The LOTR trilogy hopefully never gets remade.
It still stands the test of time,similiar to the Holy Trinity of Star Wars for me.

totally agree Gaz.

I don't watch much these days,obviously Star Wars,but as far as horror,I'm not a fan,BUT,I did watch the Haunting of Hill House,and THAT was a truly awesome series on Netflix.
Love the mindf#ck aspect it gave,and the twists and turns.

The LOTR trilogy hopefully never gets remade.
It still stands the test of time,similiar to the Holy Trinity of Star Wars for me.
I hope it does, as I don't appreciate all of Jackson's approach to the characters.

That said, it's a depressing prospect. What I picture in my head is a more "close to the book" treatment, carefully cast (Jackson has great casting). What I suspect I'd get is a dumbed down, poorly scripted version written by people who come out with statements like "Tolkien didn't like women".

I'm not thinking of ROP specifically, although IMO that's an example of a shallow, pandering treatment. Whether there's anyone capable of producing films like Kingdom of Heaven, LOTR/Hobbit, Gladiator, etc. or even fully loaded epic films like from the 50s (like Robin Hood) - dunno. I barely noticed the writers' strike. I don't know if there's directors left who will pull from the pool of Shakespeare theater trained actors or cast for the part any more :eek: . Maybe. Sandman and GOT were had excellent productions (until the GOT writing tanked).

So I’m a huge procrastinator and was about to just PO with pop collectibles and it’s sold out.(was in stock a few days ago)

So is it just eBay for me at this point?

So I’m a huge procrastinator and was about to just PO with pop collectibles and it’s sold out.(was in stock a few days ago)

You could wait it out until it's released to see if OSK, Giantoy or any other retailer has some stock left over. There's bound to be cancellations

You can also get on the waitlist at SpecFiction
Rooted: Aragorn InArt Premium (ROOTED HAIR) 1/6 Scale Figure

Sculpted: Aragorn InArt Standard (Sculpted HAIR) 1/6 Scale Figure

Welcome to my world! Seriously though, I know the feeling. It's been the biggest bane of my life that I keep putting things off and then pay the price for it. I wish you well in getting this figure. I'm sure you will pick him up as a cancellation or as a PO as been mentioned.

I would never want the trilogy from Jackson remade. Idc if it's book accurate as he paid respect to the source material way more then what ROP did. The character changes for the main cast isn't a big deal they're still the same characters but slight differences in how they react in the film as opposed to the books. To me those movies were great cinema, now you won't see that kind of devotion and care for others work. A lot of these modern writers (not really writers cause they can't write for ****) think they can write a better story or add to another's and make it better. That's the most disrespect I've seen in years, some things don't need to be touched or remade. And it brings up an important point . If they are as good or as better of writers as they claim, why TF are they trying to use old IPs instead of actually making something original themselves. Lol

This is off topic, but it's fascinating to see where people draw their line on adaptations and purism. Particularly when it's changes to a novel vs changes to a comparatively loose set of characters and story snippets.

This is off topic, but it's fascinating to see where people draw their line on adaptations and purism. Particularly when it's changes to a novel vs changes to a comparatively loose set of characters and story snippets.
There's definitely a fine line one has to walk when adapting a novel. It's not easy. The fact that Jackson was able to pull off LOTR is a little miracle, honestly. Tolkien's original vision adapted word for word just wouldn't work on screen, IMO. Jackson kept everything that was essential to the story and excised the rest. Preserving the essence of the story is the most important part. If WB is going to make more Middle-earth films, they need to adapt the Silmarillion stories. Lots of untapped potential there. I had high hopes for Rings of Power, but it felt "thin", like butter scraped over too much bread.

I think that line has a name: respect.

If the adaptors do not respect the source material, the original creator, the characters, their values, and the moral themes of the story, they simply have no business being anywhere near it.
'Creatives' behind Rings of Power, Rian Jonson and Kathleen Kennedy's Star Wars, Willow, The Witcher, CW Batwoman, Everything Marvel has done since Endgame, are all glowing (or I should say steaming) examples f what happens when you let disrespect be the guiding principle.

The modern approach to entertainment is quite unique in that it actively seeks to undermine, deconstruct, and destroy what came before; incidentally, the very legacies to which these people owe their livelihoods.
At least the public are sending a strong message through Box Office sales, streaming service memberships, and viewership metrics that this approach to storytelling is unacceptable and unprofitable and unsustainable.

Back