InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that the sculpted hair version looks nearly as good as the rooted on Aragorn, but for myself, the reason to get the rooted hair comes down to posability - unless that sculpted hair is extremely flexible, it will grossly limit the range of motion you will be able to get out of the HS.
That is a valid point indeed. I'm more of a museum pose guy though, so it wouldn't bother me that much.

【Work optimization】 "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" - Aragorn 1/6 collectible figure
After releasing the Aragorn 1/6 figure, we have received some optimization suggestions for from veteran collectors and die hard fans of the iconic Middle-earth series.
We have analysed the feedback and source images in more detail. We are now making adjustments in armor / clothing / accessories and other aspects to improve the figure even further. We will also release the optimization announcement for the The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Aragorn 1/6 collectible action figure this month, which also contains the official channels to buy the bonus scene accessories - display of the black cloak .

😮 Wow! Happy we get extra accessories but am I happy to pay extra? Hmm.. I got the rooted, it's well worth for me if it comes out like that and after Jokor, I trust them buuut.. We'll have to wait and see if what they offer is worth...

Clothing detail improvements based on feedback? This is like a @Chopper Face dream come true.

It’s bizarre that they’re alleging that the ranger cloak is going to be sold separately… I’d assume that it might just be more cost-effective for them to include it with the figure and gain some customer appreciation rather than have an independent manufacturing/packaging/shipping run, but what do I know.

Clothing detail improvements based on feedback? This is like a @Chopper Face dream come true.

It’s bizarre that they’re alleging that the ranger cloak is going to be sold separately… I’d assume that it might just be more cost-effective for them to include it with the figure and gain some customer appreciation rather than have an independent manufacturing/packaging/shipping run, but what do I know.
Yep, I can't see myself being willing to pay a lot for that, really curious to see the price, really weird choice.

It’s music to my ears! So many little details that can be improved; some less glaring than others but every little helps when attempting to create the greatest 1:6 figure of all time. Just getting the Viggo likeness down will already elevate it above the majority of pieces.

I’ve got three Aragorns on order - because I just lost my **** when I saw the proto piece- so I'll maybe only need one cloak to have a first appearance Strider look. That closk shouldn’t be hugely difficult to produce so it’s odd that they can’t just throw it in but perhaps there are other accessories included… Could be that the ‘bonus scene’ to which they refer is the Prancing Pony and they’ll do a pub stool as a diorama piece.
That might actually make me less inclined to buy but who knows. With this figure, I just can’t seem to control myself.

I'm a bit concerned about this new "buy more parts" angle.

I can see this becoming a steady thing with InArt, meaning you don't have a full deluxe unless you buy 3 different "sets".

You just know most of the "set" will stay in the box, but we'll all be tempted by one single necessary item to pay an additional $150.

I imagine they determined that it isn't cost effective for them to include a fully tailored cloak with every single order, since it wasn't in their original plan for the figure to begin with. I didn't even think it was that big of a complaint from what I saw so they probably thought offering it as an extra option for those who REALLY want it, made more sense.

I'm perfectly fine with and without it. If it's cheap enough, I'll grab one but not losing sleep if I don't. He already looks great as is without it. Honestly not too sure how much I would even display him with it since he would be displayed with Gandalf without a hood on his head. At that point it's just a black cape hanging down his back. Don't really need that.

UWUPTrx.png
34Vk4gG.png

Last edited:
Interesting about the "expansion pack" idea. I wonder if there's some lost in translation going on there? But, I'm glad to hear they're making updates to it.

I’d happily take this statue (sorry don’t know the name) in an expansion pack, to display the Shards of Narsil.

View attachment 636483

Not exactly the same design, but the United Cutlery one is just about the right size. I'm not sure it's actually 1/5, but the figure is about the same as a 1/6 figure. The sword is a tiny bit larger, but it's shattered, so it may not matter visually.

The Lord of the Rings Shards of Narsil 1/5 Scale Statue

EDIT: I am assuming this will be produced from the same molds as the version they put out of this statue in the early aughts. That's the one I have. It looks the same from this photo.

Last edited:
I'm a bit concerned about this new "buy more parts" angle.

I can see this becoming a steady thing with InArt, meaning you don't have a full deluxe unless you buy 3 different "sets".

You just know most of the "set" will stay in the box, but we'll all be tempted by one single necessary item to pay an additional $150.
I’d say there’s no way in hell I’d buy accessory sets but I also said there’s no way in hell I’d buy a 500 dollar Aragorn but here I am.

Back