InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You Joke but Toy Story dominated my early childhood and to this day a part of me feels bad when I sell or get rid of anything even remotely toy-like or collectible the worst part is my family sort of piles on if they notice "oh, are you really getting rid of X! but you used to love X!".
I usually push through and sell the thing (wither for funds or for fear of becoming a hoarder) but sometimes I cave to the guilt and keep the thing I was going to retire....

:ROFLMAO:
I'm afraid that boat of selling/clearing collectables of all things Tolkien etc has sailed for me. I never sell or get rid of any of my stuff, to the point I have to class myself as a collectables hoarder! :whistle:

Pics posted by Zhang Qian, AKA Zhang Xiao, AKA smile_z, AKA Zo Smile, on her Artstation page.

BEfaYhM.jpg

YHAPUDi.jpg

gndqjRt.jpg

InArt seems to have really pulled back on the reins -- still owed those reveals from last year: Paul, Neo, Nazgul, Legolas...
I suspect they’re dealing with the ***** that is production. Always more difficult than you plan.

Every time I come back to look at InArt’s images, I’m floored. Surely a piece of plastic can’t look this realistic. This will be my first 1/6 preorder…Couldn’t help it with it looking this good. And I totally agree that the paint app will make or break it. Fingers crossed!

Every time I come back to look at InArt’s images, I’m floored. Surely a piece of plastic can’t look this realistic. This will be my first 1/6 preorder…Couldn’t help it with it looking this good. And I totally agree that the paint app will make or break it. Fingers crossed!
If you didn't already order, I highly suggest you don't delay and get one secured soon. Once those pre-orders go down they're going to be awfully hard to buy from a reputable place.

Honest opinion guys - thinking of asking to downgrade from the rooted aragorn to the sculpted Aragorn to save a little money - am I crazy? Do you think its a good idea?

While expectations should be kept realistic, I doubt anyone could go wrong choosing sculpted over rooted.
I’ve personally been loving the pictures on the jokor thread of the sculpted version a bit more.
Unless you think you might have serious regrets, and don’t lose out on your previous deposit (this might defeat some of the purpose), do whatever makes the most sense for you!

Honest opinion guys - thinking of asking to downgrade from the rooted aragorn to the sculpted Aragorn to save a little money - am I crazy? Do you think its a good idea?
Depends how deep you plan on going into the line. With GTG only being available in rooted, some others may be only offered that way as well. If you only get a couple then I wouldn't see a problem with it.

Depends how deep you plan on going into the line. With GTG only being available in rooted, some others may be only offered that way as well. If you only get a couple then I wouldn't see a problem with it.
Depends on the execution to be honest.
But LOTR is my #1 fandom, so I could be liable to picking them all up.
I dont mind them being mixed if the consensus is that the sculpted hair is a great option too - what do you think? Honest opinion?

But LOTR is my #1 fandom
You should absolutely stick with rooted, in that case. Even if the sculpted version is almost as good, if the line does turn out to be all it’s chalked up to, you’d be kicking yourself hard.
Also saw on the Joker thread you’re thinking of cutting back there, too. Prioritise and treat yourself when it comes to your faves, mate.

Depends on the execution to be honest.
But LOTR is my #1 fandom, so I could be liable to picking them all up.
I dont mind them being mixed if the consensus is that the sculpted hair is a great option too - what do you think? Honest opinion?
I'm personally going to go all rooted for the LOTR line. Like others have said, the rooted Joker looks great, so I'm sure this one will as well. Where did you order through?

I'm personally going to go all rooted for the LOTR line. Like others have said, the rooted Joker looks great, so I'm sure this one will as well. Where did you order through?
From Kit.
Just emailed him re the possibility of transferring pre-order deposits and he said it was a no-go.
So once I cancel if I factor in the money lost on deposits ontop of the standard price then I'm only saving like 50 dollars - its just not worth it, so I am definitely going to keep my Aragorn Premium pre-order and its like @Nagoya says, treating myself on my faves (especially when the amount saved is so little) is worth it.
Gonna have to see what KGHobby have to say re: my Joker though, still cant decide whether to downgrade all the way to the single standard or the sculpted 2 pack.

Back