InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s how the belt buckle is inaccurate for anyone who’s blissfully unaware at the moment.
View attachment 617651
View attachment 617650
ACI and Asmus Helm’s Deep Aragorn did it right and it’s a simple fix so I fully expect it to be rectified for the production piece or maybe even for a display proto we’ll see at a show in the future.
Yup, this is what I been saying since the beginning but didn’t do the photo references lol it’s one of those little details that’s irksome b/c everything else so soooo good. Doesn’t make me want it any less but given how detailed everything else is, makes you wonder how they missed that.

Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli are the best trio from the franchise.

My favourite trio also considering movie importance and natural trio pairing would be Gandalf + Aragorn + Frodo.

I'm 2/3 of the way there.

hopefully no more pleather
60B40478-F53D-40F7-A75C-415125CA5031.jpeg

I don't mind the boots and belt. If they fix them, cool, of course. I'm way more worried by the movable eyes. I rather would have a non movable eyes sculpt and keep sure it won't be ****** in production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know why people are worried when we have a prototype that works just perfect with those eyes. I don'T think they will bottle it

Ok let's talk the costume. While there are a lot of correct parts, some are head scratchingly wrong/absent.

The coat. It's missing the lacing down the inside seam of the sleeves and down the spine. It's also missing the two brown laces which tie it together at the waist. Also excluded (well it's there in a primitive form) is the black leather embroidery to the right sleeve.

PSX_20230111_205804.jpg

Here are some details on a real leather coat I made.

20230112_100353.jpg

20230112_100040.jpg
20230112_100325.jpg

The belt. The belt is brown (however it looks very dark in certain parts) but the buckle is wrong. It has a very distinct shape and a gold snake like pattern on it. The sword belting system is wrong too. It should hang from two brown straps which are then connected to the sheath by two green leather wraps (with silver buckles and a brass piece which locks the green leather in place). Even the old Sideshow version was very close to being accurate but the InArt version is just two long straps connected to the sword belt. The Asmus HD Aragorn had a closer attempt recently too and also has the correct buckle.

PSX_20230111_205324.jpg

The old Sideshow version is actually damn near movie accurate!
20230112_093707.jpg

The boots. Obviously they are way too short and should stop below his knee. The boots are basically fishing waders that would roll up to the thigh but in the film we only ever see them rolled down and tied in place. If you have ever seen 16th century riding boots, you'll know what I mean.

PSX_20230111_205424.jpg

Ok next time we'll look at the jerkin, green poncho (currently not included?!), and bedroll.

The reason I'm bringing these things up is that a lot of these details have been included on everything from Sideshow, ACI & Asmus figures so definitely should not be missing here! I've contacted InArt with all the missing things already so let's see if anything changes.

If anyone wants to deep dive into the costume, a great resource can be found here: ARAGORN - Google Drive

Attachments

• 20230112_093707.jpg
    20230112_093707.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Ok let's talk the costume. While there are a lot of correct parts, some are head scratchingly wrong/absent.

The coat. It's missing the lacing down the inside seam of the sleeves and down the spine. It's also missing the two brown laces which tie it together at the waist. Also excluded (well it's there in a primitive form) is the black leather embroidery to the right sleeve.

View attachment 617723

View attachment 617727
View attachment 617728View attachment 617729
The belt. The belt is brown (however it looks very dark in certain parts) but the buckle is wrong. It has a very distinct shape and a gold snake like pattern on it. The sword belting system is wrong too. It should hang from two brown straps which are then connected to the sheath by two green leather wraps (with silver buckles and a brass piece which locks the green leather in place). Even the old Sideshow version was very close to being accurate but the InArt version is just two long straps connected to the sword belt. The Asmus HD Aragorn had a closer attempt recently too and also has the correct buckle.

View attachment 617725

The boots. Obviously they are way too short and should stop below his knee. The boots are basically fishing waders that would roll up to the thigh but in the film we only ever see them rolled down and tied in place. If you have ever seen 16th century riding boots, you'll know what I mean.

View attachment 617726

Ok next time we'll look at the jerkin, green poncho (currently not included?!), and bedroll.

The reason I'm bringing these things up is that a lot of these details have been included on everything from Sideshow, ACI & Asmus figures so definitely should not be missing here! I've contacted InArt with all the missing things already so let's see if anything changes.

If anyone wants to deep dive into the costume, a great resource can be found here: ARAGORN - Google Drive
Amazing- thanks!!

View attachment 617723

View attachment 617727
View attachment 617728View attachment 617729

View attachment 617725

View attachment 617726

I hope you’ve sent that to InArt as that’s amazing!

Re-posting these because, well……damn!

View attachment 617601

View attachment 617600
I'm absolutely blown away by this figure, so far it seems like the pinnacle of 1/6 figures. Simply amazing. I'm kinda glad I gave up collecting LOTR a long time ago, because it saves me a lot of money! :lol

But... does anybody else have the feeling that there's a bit of Photshop on that portrait? There's something about the detailing of the beard and eyes that looks just too fine for a 1/6 figure.

Anyway, absolutely amazing.

I really wonder how they missed the boots thing. Something so obvious when comparing figure vs screen appearance. Belt stuff is more easily overlooked of course.
I have to say the short boots also do look nice on him, but of course accurancy is most important.

But... does anybody else have the feeling that there's a bit of Photshop on that portrait? There's something about the detailing of the beard and eyes that looks just too fine for a 1/6 figure.
Well we saw in hand videos of that prototype already (which could be enhanced too but I guess it is really unlikely). I mean trust in Inarts future figures would also be shattered a bit

I swear some people are deadset on starting controversy and panic.

Back