InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make extra money on the side doing commissions to fund my nerdy expenses and my wife knows and is cool with it. I’ve never felt the need to let her know of my expenses.

1673530422021.png

It is nice to see that they are listening! Anyone else gotten feedback from them about the innacuracies so that they can get working on ironing them out before its being released?

View attachment 617740
It is nice to see that they are listening! Anyone else gotten feedback from them about the innacuracies so that they can get working on ironing them out before its being released?
They have replied to a few of my comments on Facebook thanking me for the feedback but they haven't confirmed any fixes yet.

I hovered over the PO button for the haired version for a good while. Thoughts of the ends of the hair getting frayed or eventually losing its hold flooded my mind and I was like “the sculpted one looks great and I don’t have to worry about the hair getting messed up over time or whenever I pose it...but damn the hair makes it look amazing!”

I POd 2 of the haired version anyway.

Looks too good to pass up.

Now show me legolas.

I have no regrets about PO Gandalf and Aragorn. I have plenty of water spray bottles around so if I have to spray them every other day to keep their hair in check, I will damn do it 😁
This is what has me concerned.

Clearly the hair has some product applied to them...hairspray? Gel? Moose?

Constantly applying water to it I fear will mess up something.

Crap! Should I have POd the sculpted version instead??

Dammit! 🤣

Ok let's talk the costume. While there are a lot of correct parts, some are head scratchingly wrong/absent.

The coat. It's missing the lacing down the inside seam of the sleeves and down the spine. It's also missing the two brown laces which tie it together at the waist. Also excluded (well it's there in a primitive form) is the black leather embroidery to the right sleeve.

View attachment 617723

Here are some details on a real leather coat I made.

View attachment 617727
View attachment 617728View attachment 617729
The belt. The belt is brown (however it looks very dark in certain parts) but the buckle is wrong. It has a very distinct shape and a gold snake like pattern on it. The sword belting system is wrong too. It should hang from two brown straps which are then connected to the sheath by two green leather wraps (with silver buckles and a brass piece which locks the green leather in place). Even the old Sideshow version was very close to being accurate but the InArt version is just two long straps connected to the sword belt. The Asmus HD Aragorn had a closer attempt recently too and also has the correct buckle.

View attachment 617725
The old Sideshow version is actually damn near movie accurate!
View attachment 617731

The boots. Obviously they are way too short and should stop below his knee. The boots are basically fishing waders that would roll up to the thigh but in the film we only ever see them rolled down and tied in place. If you have ever seen 16th century riding boots, you'll know what I mean.

View attachment 617726

Ok next time we'll look at the jerkin, green poncho (currently not included?!), and bedroll.

The reason I'm bringing these things up is that a lot of these details have been included on everything from Sideshow, ACI & Asmus figures so definitely should not be missing here! I've contacted InArt with all the missing things already so let's see if anything changes.

If anyone wants to deep dive into the costume, a great resource can be found here: ARAGORN - Google Drive
Now that's my kind of post.

All of these fixes are acheivable without incurring sizeable additional costs and they all fall in the mission statement of InArt as a company so no excuses.
Those simplistic sword straps always annoy me so I'd love to see a flawlessly recreated miniature version of the correct buckle system. If Sideshow could pull it off ages ago then InArt neglecting to do so should embarrass them.

They truly need this entire post copied and pasted onto their foreheads to wear these ommissions as a badge of shame until rectified.

...still the best figure ever though!

Now that's my kind of post.

All of these fixes are acheivable without incurring sizeable additional costs and they all fall in the mission statement of InArt as a company so no excuses.
Those simplistic sword straps always annoy me so I'd love to see a flawlessly recreated miniature version of the correct buckle system. If Sideshow could pull it off ages ago then InArt neglecting to do so should embarrass them.

They truly need this entire post copied and pasted onto their foreheads to wear these ommissions as a badge of shame until rectified.

...still the best figure ever though!
Cheers mate. Yeah that's the point I'm trying to get across really; there's no excuses for omitting aspects when other companies have already done it.

This is what has me concerned.

Clearly the hair has some product applied to them...hairspray? Gel? Moose?

Constantly applying water to it I fear will mess up something.

Crap! Should I have POd the sculpted version instead??

Dammit! 🤣
A very, very small amount of water soluble high shine pomade would probably work for the hair. It washes out easily, just have to avoid clumps and distribute evenly. Suavecito is an example, I use it myself.

Water will dry and need to be applied regularly. Gel hardens and sometimes gets white flakes when touched. Moose is interesting but it dries out fairly quickly.

High shine hairspray mixed with some water may do the trick too and probably the easiest to apply and not screw up. But a lot of hairspray’s will harden when dried.

While most of them haven't been too noticeable by anyone other than Chopper, it is nonetheless an extremely weird trend that InArt has set by continuing to omit these accuracies which become annoyingly obvious when pointed out by you more faithful observers. Just like how we discovered that their initial Aragorn reveal showed off a sword with the exact detailing of some cheap Ebay/Etsy knockoff, I'm becoming more convinced their team is choosing to reference unofficial props/costumes for their designs.

I'm truthfully not picky about these things and really wouldn't otherwise notice these minor deviations from the source material if not for you lot, but I appreciate it being brought up anyway--it is already starting to be a bizarre trademark of the company.

Suavecito has created this line of products specially made for the treatment and prevention of hair loss in men

So your Aragorn may never go BALD
Haha I’m not referring to their line of hair loss products, I didn’t even know that had that!

This is what I was referencing:

https://suavecito.com/products/orig...MI8JGd3bXC_AIVZevjBx2DEAuxEAQYAiABEgLdrPD_BwE
if it’s oil based, it will probably last the longest and look the best but oil based products are very annoying to get out of your hair. Will need to use like a dish soap or it will always be greasy after you wash it out, which may actually work for Aragorn lol.

Do rooted figures really require that much maintenance? Like hairspray everyday? or just when you want to pose it? I for one will maybe put it in 1 pose.

While most of them haven't been too noticeable by anyone other than Chopper, it is nonetheless an extremely weird trend that InArt has set by continuing to omit these accuracies which become annoyingly obvious when pointed out by you more faithful observers. Just like how we discovered that their initial Aragorn reveal showed off a sword with the exact detailing of some cheap Ebay/Etsy knockoff, I'm becoming more convinced their team is choosing to reference unofficial props/costumes for their designs.

I'm truthfully not picky about these things and really wouldn't otherwise notice these minor deviations from the source material if not for you lot, but I appreciate it being brought up anyway--it is already starting to be a bizarre trademark of the company.
I have the same concerns myself but didn't want to start another baseless InArt conspiracy. There usually are exact references for the choices they've made on google from cosplayers or replica props/clothing for sale.
As they are making offically licensed products- for China- they should have access to an extensive library of Weta reference material. If ThreeZero can make completely accurate Bay Era Transformers, InArt can get a belt and pair of boots right.

It could just be an old habbit of Viper from his customising days where google was the best resource he had access to. He needs to ditch his old criminal tactics and embrace help from the companies who's IPs he used to steal.

I think the glass eyes is what makes these eyeballs so lifelike and good (at least thats what I thought Inart does different with the eyes compared to other companies)
Those are not glass eyes lol it's the exact same thing Hot Toys does, a plastic material eyeball coated in a layer of a material like varnish which gives it that glassy look.

Back