InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, I’m deciding on the standard from osk. The sculpted hair looks incredible and there isn’t a big enough gap of appeal quality to justify getting rooted. Plus, I really don’t want to worry about maintaining it over the years. rooted looks great in photos but the moment a single strand of hair falls out, I’d be so pissed. Seems odd to pay that much more for less ease of mind. That’s just me tho.
Rooted > Sculpted if I had to only get one. There isn’t a lot of care needed. It looks good straight out of the box due to their packaging. They pack the rooted sculpt separately from the body in a cylinder case. If adjustment is needed, you just use water and a small paintbrush/toothbrush. They even have a video on this for their Gandalf.

$150 for that level of quality of rooted hair is a very good value. This isn’t your plastic shiny cheap Hot Toys Barbie rooting. It’s up there with how custom artist do it for $500+. If their production Joker is anything to go by, rooted is the way if you only had to go with one.

That said, they did a really good job with the sculpted hair here (I didn’t buy both for nothing). Can’t go wrong with either but if I’m spending $330, I might as well go up to the $450 rooted version.

For reference this is their production version of Joker.
180201zh00hyyyh8l0teuy.jpg

180201aqlim3005ni8kd78.jpg

XyAsFwD.jpg

I feel like inart figures will either stay or hike in price. Hot toys are being put to shame right now.

This is such an incredible piece, the sculpt is just so incredible!
Hot Toys guys are probably panicking now. It is obvious that InArt pushed them to upgrade their game recently, hope they go back on earth and balance their pricing as well. Hot Toys prices are out of control rn. InArt proved that price can be still reasonable for the quality product. I'm not saying these Aragorn figures are cheap,but it is worth it. I can justify the price with the qaulity they offer,while most time I feel cheated by hot toys.

Both with shipping included.

OneSixthKit:
Premium - £397
Standard - £277

KGHobby:
Premium - £370
Standard - £254

Pay in full upfront and get 3% off

You can use points on PO deposits but you can’t fully wipe out the amount so at least a dollar has to be paid to send the order through.
Prices seem good. 😮👍

I think Hot toys definately upped their game with Padme and Anakin and the moveable eyes. These look also darn perfect to me.

That said, with a 3 day preorder time limit on Aragorn I can see his price rising because many will miss the window (many collectors don't look every day into the forums/facebook) or are on holiday etc. And then booom you look in a week later and can't preorder deluxe Aragorn anymore

How many figures has InArt put up for pre-order so far? Ledger Joker, Pattinson Batman, Gandalf the Grey, Pennywise and Aragorn...I think? Just asking as I'm fairly curious as to when we might see Legolas as they were planning on making him too. I have the Asmus Helm's Deep version and I'm happy with it, but there's just no way I won't order an InArt to upgrade after seeing this.

Hot Toys guys are probably panicking now. It is obvious that InArt pushed them to upgrade their game recently, hope they go back on earth and balance their pricing as well. Hot Toys prices are out of control rn. InArt proved that price can be still reasonable for the quality product. I'm not saying these Aragorn figures are cheap,but it is worth it. I can justify the price with the qaulity they offer,while most time I feel cheated by hot toys.

Let's face it if Hot Toys put up a $480 Aragorn with rooted hair we'd all laugh because it would be cheap barbie hair.

Hot toys prices have inflated and the quality is a joke Doc brown was a prime example! So when factor what we're getting and the price that little bit extra ain't bad. I realized when I got Doc brown that hot toys have been screwing their fans.

Let's face it if Hot Toys put up a $480 Aragorn with rooted hair we'd all laugh because it would be cheap barbie hair.

Hot toys prices have inflated and the quality is a joke Doc brown was a prime example! So when factor what we're getting and the price that little bit extra ain't bad. I realized when I got Doc brown that hot toys have been screwing their fans.
I'm in full agreement that the Doc Brown figure is awful, and there have been a few bombs lately for sure, but I don't think Hot Toys quality is a joke. Pretty much all of their recent Star Wars figures have been great quality. The body on Bo-Katan is obviously a bit of a bummer, but otherwise, she, Hunter and Echo have been top notch figures. I'm sure Jesse and Mando Luke will be the same.

Hot Toys guys are probably panicking now. It is obvious that InArt pushed them to upgrade their game recently, hope they go back on earth and balance their pricing as well. Hot Toys prices are out of control rn. InArt proved that price can be still reasonable for the quality product. I'm not saying these Aragorn figures are cheap,but it is worth it. I can justify the price with the quality they offer, while most time I feel cheated by hot toys.
Agreed. Man, just looking over my PO for the HT Mark 3 at $455 before shipping and taxes. Just doesn't even feel as good a value compared to the premium/rooted Aragorn for a few bucks more at $480 with shipping included and no tax

The funny thing is, that sculpt when repainted well, was actually a halfway decent likeness. Darren Carnell was in my mind the one who was able to bring out the potential. Obviously, it is dated now, especially compared to the InArt piece but as a "look how far we've come", I still enjoy looking back at some of the old works. Simpler times...

Back