InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's best way to get that greasy sort of look he has as Ranger in fotr? With the rooted hair, Also what gloves does someone recommend for handling these, thanks in advance. The sculpted kind of looks better to me but think it's just the photo but like I said I thought it would look wierd having the sculpted next to Inart GTG / Asmus GTW
There's something called doll wax, tho I've never seen it. What I MIGHT use, is gonna depend on the fiber - whether natural (mohair?) vs. nylon/polyester. Personally I'd be leery of using anything besides water and heat. A lot of human hair treatments have waxes or oils. It's not that it might damage the fiber, IMO it's whether you can ever get the stuff out again. Even watered down white glue or fabric glue could work.
That's just me, some people want to set it and forget it.

[...]

In a perfect scenario, they'd offer a set that has both sculpts included.
True, but I'm more than sure the reason they don't do that is to get more ppl to buy at least one of each
Where else can we pre-order this? I don’t want to use osk.
Giantoy, KGHobby and if you prefer stateside, SpecFitction. But, SpecFiction will be the slowest to get their stock than anyone else most likely.

And if you're feeling risky, ToysWonderland :lol

How easily does hair go bad and what's the kind of time frame. I was going to keep in glass cabinet and only change pose now and again
It depends on a hair quality, in general traditional nylon hair can last for 15-20 years,then becomes dry and frizzy,sometimes breaks. There are some conditioners and repair tips, but they all include washing, which can't be used for 1/6 figures. Keep in mind hair on these figures aren't actually rooted,like on the dolls,hair on these is glued on, so it is more sensitive and can be easily damaged.

Last edited:
Tbf it's only the rooted which has the 3 day window. Which makes sense if you consider if they left this open how many sculpts they'd have to root, clever business move.
But let’s be honest here- the majority want InArt because of the rooted hair. It kind of feels like they’re banking on people to impulse buy which to me seems a bit scummy.

What's best way to get that greasy sort of look he has as Ranger in fotr? With the rooted hair, Also what gloves does someone recommend for handling these, thanks in advance. The sculpted kind of looks better to me but think it's just the photo but like I said I thought it would look wierd having the sculpted next to Inart GTG / Asmus GTW
On my Asmus GtG, just plain water. I would not dare use anything else that might interact in a weird way with the fibers or be hard to get rid of later.

True, but I'm more than sure the reason they don't do that is to get more ppl to buy at least one of each

Giantoy, KGHobby and if you prefer stateside, SpecFitction. But, SpecFiction will be the slowest to get their stock than anyone else most likely.

And if you're feeling risky, ToysWonderland :lol

Thank you. Is toys wonderland the one that Justin uses, or is that Osk?

Thank you. Is toys wonderland the one that Justin uses, or is that Osk?
Justin uses ToysWonderland which is the place that at one point or another, will eventually try to screw you over, regardless if you've had good service in the passed. Just look at what they tried to pull on @Cocoboloboy recently who I believe always had good service from them prior to this incident in the Toys Wonderland thread. I would personally avoid them as I too have had a bad experience with them. They aren't an actual authorized retailer but instead get their stock "elsewhere."

Curious, why don't you want to use OSK? They're incredibly reliable place to order from unless you unfortunately had a bad experience with them. Regardless of your reasoning, there are still other reliable places to order from. Just avoid ToysWonderland at all cost. Most here will agree. The only ppl they treat well are their social media influencers

I was thinking this to. The sculpted version seems to capture that look better. Another reason why im leaning towards the standard.

I went a little overboard in my excitement…
8DB86E97-6B74-49B0-967E-292F9C522341.jpeg

KG just had such a good deal on I thought screw it. Couldn’t believe the No Shipping fee news.

I don’t have access to that money right this second but I will soon so on the credit card you go my pretty 3 Aragorn’s.
I just love the Amon Hen look so much so I need to have that as well as a Strider.

2 Premiums and a Standard gives me the option to decide if I really must have two rooted heads on show or if the standard will suffice for one and I’ll sell off whatever is leftover.

With the 3% off for ordering upfront + a £25 voucher I had and the conversion rate for paying in HKD I paid £132 less than I would have from OSK. I love Kit but I’ve gotta shop where I save the most money.

InArt got back to me on IG and said they won’t include Anduril or a red shirt because this is based on the Fellowship of the Ring. Kind of frustrating since there obviously won’t be demand for a ROTK Aragorn in ranger gear AND this one, so we’ll have to kit bash that look.

I guess they’re starting their line around FOTR and keeping that consistent but ideally this could have been released as a ROTK look since you could pull off almost every look with that figure.
They’ve only shown that they have the Fellowship and Hobbit licenses so I don’t think they could have done the red shirt and Anduril even if they wanted too.
Perhaps they could come as extras with a black gate Aragorn to help us dress up our FOTR versions…

As cool as this scene/look is, I'm not displaying the figure like this for sure. :lol

0MjGlNP.png

Not to belabor the point, since it sounds like we might get the black cloak anyways, this photo has unlocked a core memory and I thought it would be fun to share, it just sort of made me realize why the cloak jumped out at me, as something that was 'essential' to the character.

When I saw Fellowship in the theater for the first time, I didn't know the story, I thought Lord of the Rings was super nerdy. Star Wars was cool, but LOTR was like Dungeons and Dragons, strictly for nerds only. So when some friends wanted to go see it, I was pretty resistant, but when it's a friend that you might kinda, sorta, be attracted to, that is asking, you let your guard down a little. Anyways, that scene in the Prancing Pony, and they show Strider and you're like "okay, that's a bad guy that's going to try and steal the ring" then the next scene is the Ringwraiths stabbing all the Hobbits, there's a brief moment where you're like "I knew it, Strider led them into a trap" but then it's a fake-out, it was really disorienting, and I still wasn't sure what was going on with Strider, is he leading them into a trap or not? So, I was right there with the Hobbits, not knowing if this guy was a good guy or a bad guy.

Needless to say, I realized LOTR is not strictly for nerds, I remember being pretty enthralled with the movie, and almost embarrassed by my previous opinion. So for me, the black cloak for Strider is basically the same thing as Luke's brown Jedi cloak. Yeah, it's only worn for a short scene, but you wouldn't dare release a Jedi Luke figure without the brown cloak, so same thing here. The ranger cloak is representative of that character's evolution, or transition, into the hero that he is. I think it means a lot to the character, and it makes me nostalgic for that time period in my life.

Wow this figure looks phenomenal. Like some others I had a hard time deciding on rooted or sculpted, since the sculpted is some of the best I've ever seen in 1/6. But comparing them side by side there's just no contest. The rooted gives it so much more realism and comes a lot closer to capturing that more messy and frazzled look it had in the movie.

324082497_2803903006406284_7570929827111812505_n-528x668.jpg

Back