InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Kit - just curious - anyone who has ever sold anything finds flaky buyers frustrating, people who say they'll buy your figure and then back out. Therefore I don't want to be such a person myself - indeed, I already ordered and then cancelled the Inart Joker from you and was embarrassed at having done so regardless of the reasons I had.

But here's the problem, these Inart figures are creating huge hype while seemingly offering very limited windows of opportunity in which they can be ordered. This inevitably creates intense 'fear of missing out' and I expect a lot of people will order completely on impulse something which perhaps wasn't even on their radar the previous day. Impulse preorders have the highest likelihood of being cancelled when people come to their senses or something else comes up in life which means they cannot proceed with the purchase.

Will cancellations of preorders create a huge headache for you as a retailer with these figures or is it only a problem if people expect the NRD refunded?
Everyone is free to walk as soon as you understand the NRD

Of course we hope everyone would keep their order but it's not realistic especially under today's worldwide economy

This is risk of business

Time by time I got some emails with horrible stories, people try to ask for the NRD back if possible. It's hard to reject it while I truly believe in that story. I feed bad to sit tight but I have to do it

Where else can we pre-order this? I don’t want to use osk.

Last edited:
I can understand. Only rooted item I'll have is 1/3 JND Superman statue, which gonna stay in the sealed glass for eternity and nobody gonna touch it lol For 1/6 I prefer sculpted for many reasons... While I keep them in the cabinet with a glass window,take a good care,time to time I still touch them with gloves,pose them and take pictures. I'm very picky person and if single hair strand doesn't stand as it should be I get a mental breakdown :D So I prefer the sculpted hair for another reason.
In this case there is no wrong choice. They both look amazing imo.
Haha yeah I’d be the same way. I’d wear gloves and everything but way too afraid to muck something up.

InArt got back to me on IG and said they won’t include Anduril or a red shirt because this is based on the Fellowship of the Ring. Kind of frustrating since there obviously won’t be demand for a ROTK Aragorn in ranger gear AND this one, so we’ll have to kit bash that look.

I guess they’re starting their line around FOTR and keeping that consistent but ideally this could have been released as a ROTK look since you could pull off almost every look with that figure.

Last edited:
Do we only have 2-3 days to PO this?
For the premium at least. Kit is til the 9th and KG Hobby is til the 10th. Not sure about others.
Premium cut-off is the 10th for Giantoy as well.

Edit: I think it's a 3 day window regardless of the site. I don't think you get an extra day to decide with anyone.

I kind of don’t like the rush of selling these figures. It’s like you have two or three days to buy this expensive figure. Impulse buy now or miss out. Kind of a turn off.

Tbf it's only the rooted which has the 3 day window. Which makes sense if you consider if they left this open how many sculpts they'd have to root, clever business move.

Everyone is free to walk as soon as you understand the NRD

Of course we hope everyone would keep their order but it's not realistic especially under today's worldwide economy

This is risk of business

Time by time I got some emails with horrible stories, people try to ask for the NRD back if possible. It's hard to reject it while I truly believe in that story. I feed bad to sit tight but I have to do it
Imagine it is risky for OSK and anyone who isn't Sideshow or PopCultcha. E.g. whether stuff will ever show up. I am still waiting on "Soldier Warrior" :monkey3 😁 which if it ever shows up, will be amusing to put next to this figure.

Srsly tho suppose I could make a "battle Aragorn" with a less expensive figure. Unlike some, I don't mind having duplicates of key figures. Not when I see aftermarket prices$$$$$$. At the moment I am so happy I own 2 Gimlis. And I guess I'll pass on the WETA Aragorn statue, unless he's on a really good sale, because in hand pics look like he is confused and possibly ready to dance, with a toe pointed downslope. Nobody on a hill slope stands like that.:banghead

I respect sculptors because it is something I can never do, but I wish when creating a pose they would think about how a human would naturally move, at times.

What's best way to get that greasy sort of look he has as Ranger in fotr? With the rooted hair, Also what gloves does someone recommend for handling these, thanks in advance. The sculpted kind of looks better to me but think it's just the photo but like I said I thought it would look wierd having the sculpted next to Inart GTG / Asmus GTW

Tbf it's only the rooted which has the 3 day window. Which makes sense if you consider if they left this open how many sculpts they'd have to root, clever business move.

Exactly. It’s fairly obvious why they have to do this, especially for a new company.

No-one is missing out as they still have the option for the sculpted on a longer term order window.

What's best way to get that greasy sort of look he has as Ranger in fotr? With the rooted hair, Also what gloves does someone recommend for handling these, thanks in advance. The sculpted kind of looks better to me but think it's just the photo but like I said I thought it would look wierd having the sculpted next to Inart GTG / Asmus GTW
I would just get nitrile gloves, some people wear cotton but they can get lint on the figure.

I got standard for the exact reason, I don't have any 1/6 with a rooted hair. It look amazing, but as a long term doll collector I can say that hair doesn't age well,especially if you touch it too much,also dust is a big enemy, you can't wash these.
How easily does hair go bad and what's the kind of time frame. I was going to keep in glass cabinet and only change pose now and again

I added a bit you missed to my post, but I'm very excited to see you excited about this.
Dammit what is wrong with me I tried to delete this before you saw it. I might need a mental health break or to be tested for dyslexia.

The capital A in InArt makes it feel like a ver A heavy name, idfk.

Back