InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I'm aware. However, this company is under scrutiny the likes of which I've never seen a 1:6 company come under before, and there's so many attackers out there that they're best to show near to their best effort the first time around. Either that or delay the reveal until they have a better product to show off. Aragorn is a huge deal for a lot of people, he's the one character/figure that will pull in that wider audience as there's never really been a decent version of him done before.
Exactly, makes zero sense to not show the rooted version. Hot Toys often show prototypes with a little tag saying "Under licensor approval" or something. Doesn't stop them from showing them.

Posted by Angel Segarra on Facebook.

DcuTgXH.jpg
For me it's the top lip and mouth. Looks like he's stuttering to get a word out.

For me it's the top lip and mouth. Looks like he's stuttering to get a word out.

Yup this is what I don’t like about the sculpt as well more than anything else. At least from this angle. Hopefully looks better once official pics are revealed

Agreed the eyes are a little large, but the mouth is what's throwing the likeness for me.

Funny, I think the mouth is the thing selling it at the moment. The eyes and brow aren't quite right.
If you look only at the bottom half of the sculpt (like block/cut off the top half), you can see Viggo pretty clearly. The top half not so much.

Just found these over on Sixth Scale Network on Facebook. Photos by Min Thanapon.

Clothes are definitely gonna need adjusting as the coat is too baggy on the shoulders, jerkin is too short and the boots are too low. Disappointed they are not using real leather for the duster! Hopefully the Deluxe rooted version will be leather...

Overall it's a solid start but for me, apart from the two piece bracers, cloth boots and maybe the duster coat, the rest is probably on par with currently available parts. Which I appreciate not everyone can be bothered to track down/customise of course.

FB_IMG_1666967227597.jpg
FB_IMG_1666967231712.jpg
FB_IMG_1666967235843.jpg
FB_IMG_1666967238361.jpg
FB_IMG_1666967241639.jpg
FB_IMG_1666967244558.jpg
FB_IMG_1666967251745.jpg
FB_IMG_1666967427315.jpg
FB_IMG_1666967429771.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1666967419639.jpg
    FB_IMG_1666967419639.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 0
Better pictures for sure, but still a WIP I hope. Compared to Joker, Gandalf and Batman, this is very doll-like. I don't like the "real strings" they used on every tie -- could it be waxed or something, just looks toyish as is. I also wish they'd ditch the wrap thing across his chest so I could see the layers of clothing better. Also don't like the double-layer of hair sculpt to access the rolling eyes but I guess you'll never really see it.

I'd be willing to lose the bedroll and that wrap thing and get Aragorn into a more action oriented pose.

Also would like to see the rooted version.

Back