InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9DB65CB8-B6A3-46D2-9FD1-63E7BD7F91A8.jpeg

Considering all the products that have been approved that don’t look remotely like Viggo, they can probably rest assured that they’ll get the green light irrespective of how well they do.
Unless it’s actually Viggo who hates seeing himself reproduced accurately so insists that a ‘just passable recognition’ is as good as we’re allowed.

It’s looking promising from the profile view though. The sculpted hair is well done but I’m all about rooted now.
That list of figures appearing at the show from InArt said we’d see both sculpted and rooted of Aragorn- although it also said we’d see Paul and Harry Potter with the possibility of Batman and Superman as well which is confirmed to not be happening.

Either way, we can likely expect POs for Aragorn to go up this month which is a little worrying as my government seems determined to put everyone but the top 10% into poverty.

Already confirmed Batman and Superman will not be at the event. I asked them last week.
Thank you!

Sktchwlkr

Doll hair usually becomes dry after years and sometimes ends up as a mess,depends which hair they use,especially when glue is used it might cause yellowing and such a problems. Personally I plan to get sculpted hair version, I know rooted looks good, but I want my figures to stay with me for eternity lol also dust is a big enemy,once it goes in you can't do anything as you can't wash it. Dust goes basically in anything. All my figures have sculpted hair and I'm not bothered.

hope you guys are right but from that pic, i'm still not seeing a definitive Viggo likeness.
But the sculpted hair looks good.

Here's a pretty lazy edit I did to compare his side profile.
The figure looks like he has a much calmer expression, but the eyes and eyebrows look perfect to me.
The mouth on the figure is missing the slight curve upwards in the corners, but that might be due to the expression.
As for his nose, it looks like Viggo's can be more rounded or pointy from the side depending on the angle.... also, it looks like the nose bridge might start a little high up (on the figure it looks like it starts right under the brow vs mid-eye-level), but again, could be difference in angles (No nosegate here, PLEASE).
Either way, I think this looks amazing from the one photo of "Aragon" we've gotten. :rock
viggo.png

Like all of their sculpts so far, I don’t think it’s gonna be perfect but will definitely be next level compared to everything else out there so far for LOTR figures. Certainly looks better than all of Asmus offering alone with that side profile shot already.

Actually surprised by how good the sculpted hair looks there. Didn’t think they would capture his messy hair that well in sculpted format. Their rooted version is gonna look even better.

The problem I have is; I’ve never been a LOTR nut but, InArt is so darn good (I know just protos currently) that it’s just too hard to resist.

Same with Pennynise (although I did resist that) I don’t think I’ll be able to with this if it’s as good as I hope it will look.

Last edited:
From this angle, I’m expecting better than what I currently own from Asmus
View attachment 602786
As one who’s never spent money on any of these and has no bias because of that, there’s an obvious quality and accuracy jump between InArt and the other 3. And that’s just by comparing the profile view.

profile looks really good and I'm digging what I'm seeing with the sculpted hair. Looks nice enough similar to the Sideshow 1/5 statue which IMO has one of the better Viggo likenesses and hair sculpts in any scale.

Back