InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised they’re even bothering with a sculpted version.

This character just needs rooted and I can’t see the non rooted selling well.
I think they are ''bothering'' with a sculpted version because not everyone has spare 500$ to spend on a single figure? There is always a significant price difference between sculpted and rooted hair so people have options.

Sooo disapointing!
It's sculpted hair version, so this means that there will be 2 versions of Aragorn!

I believed that they will do the same than Gandalf, one version rooted hair only but no...
This means than rooted hair version will be expensive :slap
The rooted hair one would be expensive regardless... I don't understand your complaint :lol.

As Cap'n Cook said in like 12 hours they will show upcoming merchandise at the event. Excited!!! Wonder if they'll tease any other 1/6 figures, dying to see Superman and Batman from BvS
Already confirmed Batman and Superman will not be at the event. I asked them last week.

Oh here we go. Even Asmus who are notorious for typos on packaging manage to get the character names right- well, except for Ash but that was an unmitigated disaster in every sense.

What the hell is the Aragon guy wearing as well?
Looks like they’ve gone full black for his duster.
So far that’s two botched teases for Aragorn. First one shows they used a knock off replica as their reference for the sword and now they mess his name up and put him in all black to match his inaccurate sword handle…

It can only get better from here, right?

The head sculpt will make or break this figure for me. I don’t care how good your rooted hair is or how detailed and accurate the outfit is if the face doesn’t resemble the character.
It’ll just be yet another Aragorn figure that doesn’t look like Aragorn but costs twice as much.
Yep exactly. It's always been the sculpt in the past which has made me think, well dodged a bullet not getting that one.

And so with this first first photo, can we confirm that it's this version of Aragorn? ( i don't want others 😅)
8b1a467b4beaa387e99ed7fd817c1903.jpg

Oh here we go. Even Asmus who are notorious for typos on packaging manage to get the character names right- well, except for Ash but that was an unmitigated disaster in every sense.

What the hell is the Aragon guy wearing as well?
Looks like they’ve gone full black for his duster.
So far that’s two botched teases for Aragorn. First one shows they used a knock off replica as their reference for the sword and now they mess his name up and put him in all black to match his inaccurate sword handle…

It can only get better from here, right?
Clothes probably.
Things tend to look dark in shadow.
They could call him bob the sword guy and I’d still buy him if he looked like Aragorn.

I think they are ''bothering'' with a sculpted version because not everyone has spare 500$ to spend on a single figure? There is always a significant price difference between sculpted and rooted hair so people have options.
Exactly this. I “may” get Aragorn with sculpted hair if it turns out great for 350. I will not get rooted Aragorn no matter how great it is for 500. I have to draw a limit somewhere.

Does rooted hair hold up over the years? like shape and strength or will it eventually become brittle? Is it hard to keep dust free? My knowledge of rooted hair is purely based on my daughter‘s barbies.

Back