Inart: 1/6 Pennywise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it's worse than hot toys each has its pro's and cons. Wouldn't be a bad idea if inart just sent out a new collar or added that to the product.

The rest of the outfit isn't that bad just needs some futzing it's just that dam collar that drags the entire thing down. As mentioned before the collars all look the same size instead of varying. The sculpts are beyond incredible I cannot get over how creepy and awesome that teeth sculpt is.

Will say hot toys base and ballon are way better.

Huge miss on this supposed elite tailoring by the people over at INART. Pretty much a self own considering they were competing against a a product that was already released a year ago and its at best a wash if not worse than the Hot Toy when taking into account the price.
😆 🤣 😂 Youre a funny Cuck.
20230904_195758.jpg

This is coming from someone that had NO INTEREST in this figure for a few reasons:

1-I thought the films were ok. SLIIIIGHTLY on the boring side. Some decent jump scares sprinkled throughout 2 VERY LONG movies…and at a certain point those jump scares over stayed their welcome.

2-Penny does look unsettling. My wife would get creeped out looking at it and I’m sure my daughter (due this November!!) will feel the same way.

I had no intentions of getting this and skipped the PO window. But now having seen these pics…it’s making me re-consider that.

It never crossed my mind that a character like Pennywise would receive as much scrutiny as the Batmans, Jokers, Gandalfs, Iron mans in our collection. To me he’s just a creepy weird clown monster who would appear in many forms and sizes and in different places where his outfit would be affected by the environment. He’s very much a grimy, dirty and disgusting character.

All that said, I DO understand and have learned to appreciate the fact that PW fans want absolute perfection with a figure that costs as much as he does. To those collectors/fans, he’s no different than the aforementioned characters and is just as important to them.

So where am I going with this?

Well…I actually want to get Pennywise! I think he looks fantastic! Had I not seen the proto pic, I wouldn’t have noticed the abundance of fabric with the collar and shoulders, because My eyes were busy marveling at the portraits and hair😅. The in hand pics sold me.

It may be a case of me being an apologist for IA…but it’s really not. I’ve mentioned many times here and in my reviews that PORTRAITS are priority for me (articulation is a VERY CLOSE SECOND) It instantly puts the figure in the 10 out of 10 range. Everything else is a bonus. If outfits are egregiously bad and articulation is trash, then I start deducting from the overall score…but the head sculpts are usually the main thing that makes or breaks a figure for my collecting purposes.

Penny is a prime example of having a portrait that is pretty much perfect in my eyes and an outfit that for the most part looks good and gets the job done. I can see where it ruins the silhouette…but it’s not so awful it ruins the overall wow factor. For some (or many), spending a lot of time to futz with it to make it look more closely to the proto or what’s seen on film is not fun or ideal especially when you realize how much he’s going for. But since I like to pose my figures often…having extra slack does make the posing sessions a bit easier. And based off of these recent photos…having extra slack allows for some wiggle room with futzing is the better option over having less fabric and being stuck with it and having no other means of “fixing” it outside of custom jobs.

This looks great to me. I hope OSK has an opening when he gets his shipment.

but the head sculpts are usually the main thing that makes or breaks a figure for my collecting purposes.
Same here brother. Head Sculpts are my main concern. As I prefer to pose my figures in just museum poses. And Pennywise with that Balloon holding pose is enough to recreate an original movie scene. Just waiting for some review vids to pull the trigger on "It" 🤭

I'm so enamored by InArt's work on Joker and now Gandalf that I am now eyeballing Pennywise and Batman... collect them all!

I haven’t seen DUNE yet. I enjoyed the movie from the 80s and by all accounts, the remake is really good.

So once again, no skin in the game, no interest in that line…BUT, IA’s work is making me want to…well, like you put it, collect them all!

Excited for the InArt Pennywise, had to take a pic of my current modded "Acme Toys" version. View attachment 660690

Ajicmekalfkflslmcie!!! Kill that with fire!!

Not because of its quality since it looks pretty good…

But because it’s friggin nightmare fuel!

HOW DO YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHARACTER???

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU??

I’m getting it because it’s well made and I wanna support IA…

But you guys and your freakish clown monster…

🤯🤯🤯🤯

Ajicmekalfkflslmcie!!! Kill that with fire!!

Not because of its quality since it looks pretty good…

But because it’s friggin nightmare fuel!

HOW DO YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHARACTER???

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU??

I’m getting it because it’s well made and I wanna support IA…

But you guys and your freakish clown monster…

🤯🤯🤯🤯
Still easier to look at these faces than the old HT Lukes

Back