Imperial Evolution - deconstruction and reconstruction.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandible

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think a few of you might want to shoot me after telling you what I did...

The first shot (was) my genesis of bad-guys collection which only needed Grievous in the top right corner to finish off (at the time the SSC one hadn't been released).

The next is my 2015 mock-up shot.

The top shot was from a few years back. We recently moved house and I was about to set these up again but my eldest (10 years old - girl) wanted to watch all the Star Wars films to get ready for The Force Awakens. After watching them in release order (OT, PT) she said she much preferred the OT for many reasons (she cried when Yoda died. She was blown away when Vader told Luke he was his father - even though she pretty much knew he was anyway, etc) and she didn't feel anything in the PT films.

Interestingly, as I was watching them, I would see her reactions and was feeding off that, and I found myself getting really agitated during the PT. Even the "cool" coloured clones annoyed me because they felt like a cash-grab for merchandise - most, only being on screen for a few seconds.

I think I got caught up in the whole PT releases at the time, but now (with time) I've realised I don't really like the PT's - other than a few cool scenes.

So a friend had been hounding me for that collection so I decided to sell the lot and start again (the Hot Toys releases made the decision a lot easier as well).

Sad, but true...

Grievous was my only concession to the PT, and while it is one of the coolest figures ever done by SSC, space constraints and focus necessitated that I sell it. Really happy with the decision and glad to stick with OT only. Just looking at the trooper designs in your mock-up (nice job, btw), all the OT designs still look fantastic today. Makes me think I may have to break down at some point and get the TIE Fighter Pilot and I'm definitely looking forward to an AT-AT driver at some point, too.

:exactly:

I don't know why people feel the need to denigrate what other people collect just because they don't like it. :dunno

Very true. I really liked that first "version" as I was collecting it.

Times change. Life changes.

It's all good anyway. My friend is over the moon - and he didn't have to wait 10 years for the various releases

Back