[iminime] Trekking into theDark - Brash Captain|Vulcan First Officer NEW SCULPT PICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] The Vulcan Human - Trekking into the Dark

I am excited for this. I never watched any of the old shows but love the 2 new movies. This is a must for me.

I love Spenser's stuff. I may try to bash one using his sculpts one of these days.

Good point I've wondered that too if people buying all the TV show characters will regret buying them once the shows over like Dex and Breaking and TWD. People will see those customs in a few years and say what's that from? Another reason why I only collect movie characters as well
I think Dexter is already kind of there. A couple years ago, it was all the rage. Someone got Rainman to do it, and Trevor did a sculpt as well. There must be 10 different custom made sweaters for him floating around out there. Now it seems like yesterday's news, because Walking Dead is the hot new TV thing. I think Breaking Bad will have a bit more staying power, because it is extremely high quality.

He has a website you order through (google "Iminime"). If this is ultimately made into a figure, information will no doubt be updated in this thread (probably axe's first post).

Spenser has done wonders with Star Trek....would love to see how far Denny goes with this....

Nice looking sculpt but I would suggest Spock's raised eyebrow inquisitive look. It's a classic look that Quinto pulled off perfect.

GREAT sculpt! This is what I've been waiting for!:yess: But Kirk is a MUST to go with Spock.:pray:

I'm ok with the new movies, ill get Spock and Kirk from them but what I really want is classic TV and TNG/DS9... Even still the lack of Trek love is unforgivable so I applaud Denny and say bring to on.

Also what are some of you guys smoking saying that once the series are over those characters from TV shows will become worthless and/or stupid? Just because the series ends means the show is any less good and any less worthy of a figure? BS.

Now the one thing I can understand is the hype factor. Which is what karmazov80 was alluding to, it's why mediocre shows like the Walking Dead have tertiary characters like Merle being made while excellent ones that have wapped like the Sopranos don't get any love for even Tony (besides from Denny who still has not sold out of it) and why legendary series like the x-files have gotten jack **** (no sideshows figures do not count)

So it's not a question of worthiness but hype, however I strongly disagree that excellent series are not figure worthy once they end. Exactly again to what karmazov80 alluded to with Breaking Bad, the series wrapping will not affect the quality of the show and the desire for the central character.

The tv shows is what started everything....now it would be nice to start from there but the movie is the bomb right now. Can't wait to see the clothing on this......

I want this! Looks awesome! It would be nice if they do Kirk and John Harrison :)

I want this! Looks awesome! It would be nice if they do Kirk and John Harrison :)

Check out this link for Spenser. The heads look awesome and are only in the $60 range painted. He's also doing the Harrison shirt for only $25. That would be about a third of the iminime pride. Great deal!

Would rather see the original Spock, Kirk, etc.

Check out this link for Spenser. The heads look awesome and are only in the $60 range painted. He's also doing the Harrison shirt for only $25. That would be about a third of the iminime pride. Great deal!

Oh! Really? That would be awesome! Wheres The link? Thank you!

Never mind, I found it! Thank you anyway! ;)

Good point I've wondered that too if people buying all the TV show characters will regret buying them once the shows over like Dex and Breaking and TWD. People will see those customs in a few years and say what's that from? Another reason why I only collect movie characters as well

That's strange logic, though... a movie can be just as forgettable as a TV show. The medium itself doesn't make it memorable.

That's strange logic, though... a movie can be just as forgettable as a TV show. The medium itself doesn't make it memorable.

I agree. If anything a movie is more forgettable as it is only about 2-2.5 hrs whereas a show can last for years spanding over 50-60 episodes.

I agree. If anything a movie is more forgettable as it is only about 2-2.5 hrs whereas a show can last for years spanding over 50-60 episodes.

I'm with that, I don't understand the TV show view point. Just as you said there is a lot more content behind a TV show character where they may appear in 60-100+ episodes and the typical movie is 2-3 hours. Maybe some feel that way because shows aren't as easy to revisit in their entirety as movies are :dunno.

IDK but I've watched all The Walking Dead eps. to date 2-3 times each. I've watched all 7 seasons of The Shield 3 times over (marathon style) and all of what they completed of Deadwood several times. I've also watched random other seasons multiple times from all different shows like Entourage, Sopranos, Dexter, ect. Those are just a few shows that I'm personally into but then there is a bunch of other stuff with a vast fan base that I never got into like Buffy, Serenity, Firefly, Dr. Who, ...... etc.... I think that TV show characters have a very rightful and powerful place in the collecting world.

K80 frequently mentions people getting over the hype of TWD and not wanted characters that are less relevant in the current happenings. There may be a hand full of folks like that but believe me the bigger fans and the completest want guys like Merle, Shane and the Governor. Hell there are guys that want much less popular characters than them :lol. There are only 3 seasons so far; if a character has had a presence in all 3 seasons then I think they're pretty relevant, even if they won't make it back to season 4. Hell, one character didn't make it out of S2 and he's deemed relevant by most because he made his mark (sorry for vaguely speaking but I'm trying to keep it spoiler free).

Deadwood got canceled early and The Shield is ancient history already. If a Mackey or Swearengen fig are ever made I'm all over them. A Tony Soprano that I'm happier with than Iminime's too

Gotta strike while the iron's hot! Plus... if this sells well, Denny may even consider older Star Trek characters/actors.

Makes me laugh though... Is there anything from when you guys were kids that made your parents react the same way?

Probably a few things, but not as much as us. You have to understand that the times were different. DC started making their mark in the late 30's and Marvel in the late 50's. Sure there were things like the Superman TV series in the 50's and West's Batman in the 60's but pop culture on a whole wasn't as recognized; it surely wasn't as recognized by adults.

Pop culture had a presence from around the end of the depression, started to expand in the 60's but didn't really boom till the 70's & 80's; from there it grew vastly every decade and now it's just rampant. It's at a point where there are aspects of pop culture that are globally recognize, even in third world countries and it was definitely not that way when people my parents’ age were in their younger days. In a nutshell, for the most part people born in the mid 60's onward have a stronger connection to the pop world than people who were born before that (20's-50's).

You tend to get a bit of crap (all in jest :1-1:) because you are part of the younger group on the board (who believe it or not is the minority). The newer generations have to remember something... all of these remakes and reimagined things that you guys are into came from somewhere.... THE ORIGINALS!!!

Just for the record, I do know that there will be some people who will are into Walking Dead's earlier season characters, and may be into it for a long time on. But there was very vocal opposition to Iminime doing Shane because he wasn't relevant anymore, and he was the 2nd most important character from the first two seasons. As such, he lost out on votes and wasn't seriously considered by Iminime over Rick, Daryl, and Michonne. You may not feel that way, but I suspect a huge chunk (if not a significant majority) of WD collectors do, and want what is hot right now. People were saying as much, so I'm not inferring anything here.

Vic Mackey? Great character. I doubt you would make much movement at all on trying to get a custom figure made of that guy. Dexter was HUGE a few years ago, and now he's fallen completely by the wayside. Seems like every other member had that guy in their avatar and signature at one point.

So. . .if I were in Iminime's shoes, yes, I would do nu Star Trek and Walking Dead (current or forthcoming seasons only). But personally, I would prefer something that has really stood the test of time and demonstrated itself to be something I want to keep on the shelf--Bill the Butcher, the Dude, Ripley, Marty McFly, Tony Soprano, etc.

Just for the record, I do know that there will be some people who will are into Walking Dead's earlier season characters, and may be into it for a long time on. But there was very vocal opposition to Iminime doing Shane because he wasn't relevant anymore, and he was the 2nd most important character from the first two seasons. As such, he lost out on votes and wasn't seriously considered by Iminime over Rick, Daryl, and Michonne. You may not feel that way, but I suspect a huge chunk (if not a significant majority) of WD collectors do, and want what is hot right now. People were saying as much, so I'm not inferring anything here.

Vic Mackey? Great character. I doubt you would make much movement at all on trying to get a custom figure made of that guy. Dexter was HUGE a few years ago, and now he's fallen completely by the wayside. Seems like every other member had that guy in their avatar and signature at one point.

So. . .if I were in Iminime's shoes, yes, I would do nu Star Trek and Walking Dead (current or forthcoming seasons only). But personally, I would prefer something that has really stood the test of time and demonstrated itself to be something I want to keep on the shelf--Bill the Butcher, the Dude, Ripley, Marty McFly, Tony Soprano, etc.

I totally want a shane. He was the best part of season 2.

Back