[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand in part. YES i find it AMAZING that such a ripe off can be so brazen & blatant. Using the same uniforms from the same point in the film. Along with all three head sculpts . Like why not pick in choose from other artists who have covered the characters ? Or do the earlier incarnations of costumes from the film ?
But again the artists never seem to make much of a fuss.
Just "some" collectors.
My reference to the legality issue is you said " if you can't afford it or its sold out...I'm sorry...simply go,without it"
No usually you go with an adequate more affordable replacement. Can't afford a black Cadallac-----buy a black Toyota. Can't afford an Omega divers watch---buy a Seiko divers watch.
The guy is under no legal obligation to refrain from buying from e-bay, Cotswold or any number of retailers who are carrying it ----NO SMOKE and MIRRORS
You think it's in bad taste or unethical ----that's all ---its your opinion
Denny or Trevor are going nowhere. They will get positions, contracts and salaries from larger companys .
And they've made their money on the initial run. They didn't say "if this goes well we will make more later"
Some have said here that they are glad they spent the money and gotten the original
Others have already sold their limited edition for 3 x the original price
And still others have bought the original limited edition at 3 x the original price. (Btw no one has said "I feel sorry for Denny that he didn't get that kind of profit)
So.. What % of the community has your ethic ? Again I'll ask : How many of these sculpts have been sold ? How many of these cheaper full sets WILL be sold ?

I don't want to plunge my hands in the muck here, but the simple thing at the center of this is respect for the community. Denny interacts with us here - he listens to feedback, takes on projects based on community interest, and is always looking out to provide a good experience. He and others like him are a tremendous asset to this community. By buying stolen knock-offs you are violating that connection between creator and community.

Like I said in the Die Hard thread way back: there are those who appreciate this connection to the artist and then there are those who care purely about getting themselves a product at an affordable price. I can not help but look at that second point as extremely selfish.

I don't want to plunge my hands in the muck here, but the simple thing at the center of this is respect for the community. Denny interacts with us here - he listens to feedback, takes on projects based on community interest, and is always looking out to provide a good experience. He and others like him are a tremendous asset to this community. By buying stolen knock-offs you are violating that connection between creator and community.

Like I said in the Die Hard thread way back: there are those who appreciate this connection to the artist and then there are those who care purely about getting themselves a product at an affordable price. I can not help but look at that second point as extremely selfish.

Well said!

This same old conversation. From where I'm standing there is a very clear line between right and wrong; there are the guys who get that and some that just don't. The recasters are thieves and the people who support them are entitlists who can't see past their own personal needs at their personal budget, and always have a slew of paper thin BS rebuttals of why recasting and buying stolen work is ok.

I haven't fully caught up on this convo and probably shouldn't even bother because it'll just be the same ol' same ol', but I'm sure I'll be compelled to tomorrow when I have time.

I've received my first email solicitation to pre-order this trio of figures supposedly "designed by Redman." I responded by telling the proprietor how disappointed I am to see him selling recasts, and asking to be removed from the mailing list. I also let the proprietor know that I am encouraging fellow collectors not to patronize retailers who support recasting.

If anyone is thinking of responding to this with a pithy observation about stealing what's already stolen, don't even bother; I'll just add you to my ignore list.

This is such a damn shame to see and I feel bad for Denny. You already know I'm 100% with you brother. I'll be sending a similar message as yours to that group of retailers who are peddling this trash.

If anyone is thinking of responding to this with a pithy observation about stealing what's already stolen, don't even bother; I'll just add you to my ignore list.

Ah yes, my very favorite. The absolute crème de la crème of paper thin horses--- rebuttals

Great for you guys . We celebrate your flawless original purchase. We certainly are happy for you. But, if the other guy is happy with the inferior figure, that he was able to afford on his budget and adequately represents his favorite character to him, than I'm happy for him also.

I don't have a problem with Redman doing the trio figures, the problem is that they basically stole the work another company did. The research, design, countless hours of getting it right, the coordination of all the parts to get this to come together. Then someone else steps in and instead of doing their own version, they just take someone elses work and copy it. Weak, very weak!

I don't have a problem with Redman doing the trio figures, the problem is that they basically stole the work another company did. The research, design, countless hours of getting it right, the coordination of all the parts to get this to come together. Then someone else steps in and instead of doing their own version, they just take someone elses work and copy it. Weak, very weak!

How 'bout we add TALENT and SKILL to that!!

Most people can carbon copy. Not many can create.

The simplest form of analogy:
Homework or assignments from kindergarten to university; there are students who spend time researching studying and complete their assignments that'll take them hours if not days whilst there are those who spend minutes borrow the completed assignments and copy.
If the good student assignments were being copied then you get same results right? Is it fair to that student who did all the hard work when all you did just copy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JIM007;8027323[B said:
]I HAD BOTH IMINIME AND RECASTED HEAD[/B]

THERE IS NOT SO MUCH DIFFERENCE AS YOU WANT TO BELIEVE...

THE ONLY THING I AM SAYING IS THAT Iminime/MW/CK COULD SELL THEIR FIGURES FOR MUCH MORE LESS
AND AVOID ALL THESE RECASTERS...

PEOPLE WILL BUY THESE THINGS WITHOUT EVEN KNOWNING THE ORIGINAL ARTIST EXISTENCE

People who buy recaste knowing and bragging about it on the forum - should be banned stright away - -- show these guys how serious this matter is - as always support the artist not the recasters , need to be alot more firmer over these rejects that thinks its ok to do so !!!!

come on dave sort it out

The simplest form of analogy:
Homework or assignments from kindergarten to university; there are students who spend time researching studying and complete their assignments that'll take them hours if not days whilst there are those who spend minutes borrow the completed assignments and copy.
If the good student assignments were being copied then you get same results right? Is it fair to that student who did all the hard work when all you did just copy?

Forget it man. There's that and plenty of other good analogies, but it'll never put anything into perspective for the imitation lovers. They can't see past the holes in their collections and the scratch they are able spare to fill them.

Honestly, I'm disappointed seeing Cotswold carrying the set. I kind of look to them as the standard. Their prices aren't great, but they've been around forever, and are generally pretty knowledgeable and do a lot for 1/6. But at the same time, they've been carrying Hot Toys recasts for a while, so they may not see any difference. I've never bought from any of the stores that are carrying the recast sets, so my boycott won't really affect anything (not that I've bought anything lately anyways). . . it's just disappointing seeing these long-standing retailers, not really caring about where their product comes from.

Forget it man. There's that and plenty of other good analogies, but it'll never put anything into perspective for the imitation lovers. They can't see past the holes in their collections and the scratch they are able spare to fill them.

Exactly. I think that it's sad and selfish of someone to buy recasts, but what can I do about it? People have different senses of morality, I guess, it doesn't mean that I have to like it.

I support Denny, not the people that steal and profit off the stuff that he works so hard to get made.

you all need to understand that a lot of ppl dont even know who is iminime or that they already released this 3 figures.

When they(regular customers / fans of movie - not die hard collectors !) see advertisment for this release they will buy without knowing about re-casts/copying other work etc. there is a lot of ppl around globe that love to have 1/6 figures , but they are not die hard collectors ( like all of you who have iminime release are ) .

i dont support re-casts or anything , but its just reasonable point of view . i am not supporting redman toys cose i know background of entire story , but u need to understand that 99% on this planet dont know background on that release.

you all have to be happy and proud cose you have iminime release , and thats real pure of art ! so you dont need to be bothered by others and waste time on others . you have grails in your collection and thats most important thing right now.

And one more thing Redman release can never be close to Iminime release , all of us know that .

Last edited:
Definitely, we are the ones in the know, and with the better figures as a result.

If only there was some sort of awareness for recasts outside the hard core community here on SSF and other sites like OSW. Big websites like OSR openly promoting recasts doesn't help, especially with big 1/6 shops like Monkey Depot and Cotswald stocking Redman's crap.

you all need to understand that a lot of ppl dont even know who is iminime or that they already released this 3 figures.

When they(regular customers / fans of movie - not die hard collectors !) see advertisment for this release they will buy without knowing about re-casts/copying other work etc. there is a lot of ppl around globe that love to have 1/6 figures , but they are not die hard collectors ( like all of you who have iminime release are ) .

i dont support re-casts or anything , but its just reasonable point of view . i am not supporting redman toys cose i know background of entire story , but u need to understand that 99% on this planet dont know background on that release.

you all have to be happy and proud cose you have iminime release , and thats real pure of art ! so you dont need to be bothered by others and waste time on others . you have grails in your collection and thats most important thing right now.

And one more thing Redman release can never be close to Iminime release , all of us know that .
Very well explained and a great way to look at it

Definitely, we are the ones in the know, and with the better figures as a result.

If only there was some sort of awareness for recasts outside the hard core community here on SSF and other sites like OSW. Big websites like OSR openly promoting recasts doesn't help, especially with big 1/6 shops like Monkey Depot and Cotswald stocking Redman's crap.
Happy for you that you have the better original superior and GENUINE figure(s)
FYI Cots DOES use links to their Facebook page . "more pictures" FB members can leave comments there. Perhaps Greg EKLYPS may even respond. Monkey Depot has been putting video reviews on YouTube when they are given advanced stock. I'm sure comments can be made there also.

someone posted comparation between Mr.X and Redman :) , no reason to get angry over there :))) you can see difference :)))

redman.jpg

you cant steal art :)

Supporting recast can/may kill this hobby plain and simple. It will turn artist away from releasing there art. I really can't stand people who support recast and the old argument about they don't have the license in the first place statement. I agree it's a grey area and the amounts of figures produced is so small most studios won't even bother opening a case cause it just isn't worth their time. The same way artist can paint characters from films and sell in there sites and stores. The recasters steal the artist hard work of sculpting, research, casting etc. Like Marf said if it wasn't for the community supporting and buying the artist work. The people that buy recast wouldn't have an opportunity to buy at all.

Also someone on here said that it seems like it's just the original buyers who are complaint the most. This is strongly not the case. In my opinion the artist are the most angry. Denny already publicly called out Redman. There's been some artist that have completely stopped releasing runs due to this. I think I heard the Indy will be MJs last public release. I personally don't care about the value. I buy my figures cause I love the art and characters. The reason I'm so sick of recasting is that we could eventually not have these amazing releases anymore, due to artist backing away from the community.

Also someone on here said that it seems like it's just the original buyers who are complaint the most. This is strongly not the case. In my opinion the artist are the most angry. Denny already publicly called out Redman. There's been some artist that have completely stopped releasing runs due to this. I think I heard the Indy will be MJs last public release. I personally don't care about the value. I buy my figures cause I love the art and characters. The reason I'm so sick of recasting is that we could eventually not have these amazing releases anymore, due to artist backing away from the community.

Well said, completely agree!

Back