[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Denny would not do this. He made the remarks and redman - being the fascists they are - censored him, as they did with me. The redman heads are likely recasts OF recasts. I feel so bad for denny and crew.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

It's disappointing, to be sure, but not surprising, as this is just the next evolution of the ******** recasting. I, sadly, had to sell my Cowboy a few months back, but, I must say, with this happening, it definitely doesn't sting quite as badly as it did, then. It's shameless, and I really do feel sorry for Denny. Maybe it would piss some people off, but, honestly, I'd rather he figure out the cheapest way to churn these out as fast as possible, and fulfill demand with a better quality product. The market's going to be flooded, anyway, so, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Consult people who purchased the first run and get their blessing, or what have you, but I'd rather that, at least, the people responsible for creating these things get paid than some **** bird opportunist who takes advantage of a situation like this.

I'm not going to sugar coat it and pretend that everything about this is "morally right." There is an ethical gray area with these types of customs, but, in all honesty, it's not about the product, itself; it's about the work that went into the product. I think it's ****** that Denny busts his hump, and barely breaks even on a lot of this stuff while these guys sit back and reap the rewards without doing a damn thing.

Even though I was the first to post about Redman's figures and I think it sucks, we're all a little late to the party by complaining now. The headsculpts, the clothing sets and accessories have all been available on ebay for awhile now. Maybe a fuss should have been made then. I wouldn't be surprised if Redman just went to the people making that stuff and threw it onto some bodies for complete figures. Obviously seeing them in completed form seems worse than in pieces.

I always try and buy the best quality possible. Always. No matter what it is really.

I have the DX Cowboy and Bad and Ugly from Denny. Love them, and will never sell them. I couldn't care less about Redman. They will never ever be of the same quality, and i highly doubt the clothing will be anywhere near either.

Value.................... who cares, but there are always people who want the best, and that will never be Redman.

This whole thing and the attitudes of 90% of the community towards it is truly disheartening, and makes me lose a lot of faith in artistry continuing in this hobby. :( :( :(

That's so sad, I feel terrible for him. :(

If this isn't stealing what is?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shameful.

View attachment 203279
so, so sad.... what is happening?
where is peoples pride? dignity? respect? I don't understand.

I understand some others having different views on the ethics of customising, but saying that "Denny's arrogance is beyond belief" is just ****ing idiotic. From the dealings that I've had with him (not many, admittedly, but enough to make me sure of my beliefs) Denny has NEVER come off as arrogant or rude in the slightest.

I'll ask again: Why isn't Denny commenting here ? These look so exacting. From head to toe. Only difference i see is possibly in the painting of the sculpt. Same costume. Pretty much even posed the same. I mean if Redman could steal from any source everywhere, why not use Rainman's superior B or U sculpts ? Why not add Rainmans Tuco hat. If this is a theft it is a full scale major theft. If it is the "slap in the face" that more likely would explain no comment here. The one line (that was deleted) from FB page, do we know is really the same Denny we know, who was such an active participant when he had something to sell ? He has not commented either way on his own FB page. Why not ? Hasn't he worked for other (bigger) companies ?

If he's not commenting (which I can understand) I at least hope he's reading this and seeing that the people that love the work that he produces are standing by him. There's not much he can do unfortunately. :(

Denny would not do this. He made the remarks and redman - being the fascists they are - censored him, as they did with me. The redman heads are likely recasts OF recasts. I feel so bad for denny and crew.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I wish there were something more that we could do about this :mad: I absolutely detest it when things like this happen.

It's disappointing, to be sure, but not surprising, as this is just the next evolution of the ******** recasting. I, sadly, had to sell my Cowboy a few months back, but, I must say, with this happening, it definitely doesn't sting quite as badly as it did, then. It's shameless, and I really do feel sorry for Denny. Maybe it would piss some people off, but, honestly, I'd rather he figure out the cheapest way to churn these out as fast as possible, and fulfill demand with a better quality product. The market's going to be flooded, anyway, so, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Consult people who purchased the first run and get their blessing, or what have you, but I'd rather that, at least, the people responsible for creating these things get paid than some **** bird opportunist who takes advantage of a situation like this.

I'm not going to sugar coat it and pretend that everything about this is "morally right." There is an ethical gray area with these types of customs, but, in all honesty, it's not about the product, itself; it's about the work that went into the product. I think it's ****** that Denny busts his hump, and barely breaks even on a lot of this stuff while these guys sit back and reap the rewards without doing a damn thing.

I don't think that Denny should start pumping out re runs of the trio, but I agree with what you're saying about the work that goes into the product being a huge part of the value. The people who buy the Redman sets won't have that feeling of owning something truly special that makes collecting customs so enjoyable.

Even though I was the first to post about Redman's figures and I think it sucks, we're all a little late to the party by complaining now. The headsculpts, the clothing sets and accessories have all been available on ebay for awhile now. Maybe a fuss should have been made then. I wouldn't be surprised if Redman just went to the people making that stuff and threw it onto some bodies for complete figures. Obviously seeing them in completed form seems worse than in pieces.

I think that packaging recasts with a new outfit and accessories is a huge step up from cheap eBay bootlegging to full out fraud. "Developed by Redman" my arse.

I always try and buy the best quality possible. Always. No matter what it is really.

I have the DX Cowboy and Bad and Ugly from Denny. Love them, and will never sell them. I couldn't care less about Redman. They will never ever be of the same quality, and i highly doubt the clothing will be anywhere near either.

Value.................... who cares, but there are always people who want the best, and that will never be Redman.

:lecture :goodpost: :exactly:

Denny has taken a pretty obvious step back, both in terms of general public discussions, but specifically in terms of dealing with drama and bull**** that have followed him around nearly since day one. He didn't start up any recent figure threads for his own releases here, or post in them even, instead working through others for that purpose. So, not surprising at all to me that he's not being very vocal about this recent issue. The issue has been discussed and debated ad nauseum in the past, so there's not much to gain from it anyway. There's no legal recourse for him, so those who want to exploit the work and resources used by him to create those figures in the first place will always have an opportunity to do so. The only threat can come from those of us who collect, and who can choose not so support garbage like that, and can instead choose to be vocal opponents of it. I would suggest all of us who support Denny and what he does refuse to buy from "Redman" in any fashion. On the other hand, if you're the type to say "well Denny is stealing to begin with so he's not better, and blah blah blah," then you won't get a lot of sympathy around here, but go on and do what you want.

I DONT SUPPORT RECASTING BUT MAYBE A GOOD WAY TO PREVENT ALL THIS, IS FOR COMPANIES LIKE IMINIME TO SELL INITIALLY BETWEEN $180-$250
HOT TOYS PRICES ARE ALREADY INFLATED BUT WE ARE GIVING THEM THE EXCUSE OF LICENCING RIGHTS...
IF REDMAN CAN HAVE A PROFIT WITH a $140-$150 FIGURE WHY IMINIME HAS TO HAVE PROFIT 400%-500% ...ISN'T THAT UNETHICAL????

I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS THE INITIAL PRODUCTION COST AND RESEARCH BUT WHY NOT TO PRODUCE MORE FIGURES TO A LOGICAL PRICE ...

INSTEAD WE HAVE A LIMITED PRODUCTION FOR SUPER IHIGH PRICES....THEN AFTER SOLD OUT SCULPERS ARE FOLLOW AND THEY WANT EVEN MORE PROFIT....
AND YOU KNOW WHAT IT FOLLOWS THEN...(CHEAP CUSTOMS ON EBAY)

I DONT KNOW BUT I HAVENT START COLLECTING WITH IN MIND THAT THIS HOBBY IS ONLY FOR RICH PEOPLE

CREATE MORE...SELL CHEAPER... PREVENT RECASTING...THIS IS MY THEORY

I DONT SUPPORT RECASTING BUT MAYBE A GOOD WAY TO PREVENT ALL THIS, IS FOR COMPANIES LIKE IMINIME TO SELL INITIALLY BETWEEN $180-$250
HOT TOYS PRICES ARE ALREADY INFLATED BUT WE ARE GIVING THEM THE EXCUSE OF LICENCING RIGHTS...
IF REDMAN CAN HAVE A PROFIT WITH a $140-$150 FIGURE WHY IMINIME HAS TO HAVE PROFIT 400%-500% ...ISN'T THAT UNETHICAL????

I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS THE INITIAL PRODUCTION COST AND RESEARCH BUT WHY NOT TO PRODUCE MORE FIGURES TO A LOGICAL PRICE ...

INSTEAD WE HAVE A LIMITED PRODUCTION FOR SUPER IHIGH PRICES....THEN AFTER SOLD OUT SCULPERS ARE FOLLOW AND THEY WANT EVEN MORE PROFIT....
AND YOU KNOW WHAT IT FOLLOWS THEN...(CHEAP CUSTOMS ON EBAY)

I DONT KNOW BUT I HAVENT START COLLECTING WITH IN MIND THAT THIS HOBBY IS ONLY FOR RICH PEOPLE

CREATE MORE...SELL CHEAPER... PREVENT RECASTING...THIS IS MY THEORY

Because in a business there's always risk! You never know if the product will sell. The cost to make a prototype and the cost to produce 100 or 1000 or 10000 are all different. All these interest threads in the forum, how many collectors usually stick with their orders from start till release? 20?30?50?100?
Why not you tabulate the cost of producing a prototype figure, after that you need to ensure interest if not you're just making for yourself. Then by getting interest you need to ensure numbers, then only into production; from here what's the cost and lead time? Chicken and egg situation. A China factory won't take orders less than 1000 pieces, especially these requires intricate skill in finishing.

So redman takes risk by producing 100? 200?1000? recasts?????
I THINK HE HAS A PREORDER DEADLINE TILL END OF THE MONTH....HOW IS THIS RISKY?????
COULDNT IMINIME MAKE THE SAME????
YOU CAN FIND FACTORIES THAT TAKE ORDERS FOR MUCH MORE LESS PRODUCTION

IN MY OPINION THE CASE IS THAT IF YOU CAN MAKE 20 COPIES OF A FIGURE AND HAVE THE SAME PROFIT AS 100-200 FIGURES WHY EVEN BOTHER WITH MASS PRODUCTION....IF THEY ARE PEOPLE WILLING TO SPENT AN ARM AND A LEG FOR A FIGURE IT'S THEIR RIGHT BUT ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT THEY DONT WONT TO LOOK LIKE A VICTIM AND FOOL FOR PAYING $600-$800 FOR A TOY...

I CAN SAY FOR ALL THE THINGS ARE DUPLICATE IN CHINA THE MOST INNOCENT ONE IS OUR TOYS...:)
EVERYTHING IN CHINA IS COPIED...THIS IS HOW THE INDUSTRY OF CHINA GROWTH IN LAST FEW YEARS...BECAUSE THEY PRODUCE THINGS FOR ALL THE MARKET...THE ONLY PROBLEM IS WHEN SOMEONE TRYIES TO PASS SOMETHING FOR ORIGINAL WHEN IT IS NOT....

I THINK HE HAS A PREORDER DEADLINE TILL END OF THE MONTH....HOW IS THIS RISKY?????

Redman toys already skip the initially investment cost: sculptor, painter, tailor.
You know when you're young copying work just take 5 minutes while the original answer took the student 1 hour to get it done, same theory, different scenario

I own iminimes trio and the bottom line is people are gonna buy these as much as we complain they will get all three figures for under $500.00 if I'm not mistaken so people who can't afford the high end ones are gonna but these we all know this. Is it right no but I know in the end I have the superior figures so that's all that really matters to me. We can't stop recasters and theirs plenty of people on here and that don't even go on this forum that will buy as well.

Also just like the dx head for Clint that was supposed to be the secret item only avaible to dx owners and a week or two later it was on eBay. So theirs guys working with recasters as well. Theirs no stopping this.

And to be honest i cannot see any risk with characters from classic movies
(braveheart...blondie....etc...)
you can see so many new companies now that producing characters from much more less popular movies and are willing to take the risk

i am sure that pangaea will produce a braveheart figure in the near future and will cost the 1/4 maybe with even better quality from the current one... Have a look on their recent gladiator release...figure cost $200 with a ton of things including shipping...iminime gladiator head cost $120-$140

Where's the risk in simply reproducing someone else's already proven to be successful and long sold out release? There's no creativity expended whatsoever and even the financial throw of the dice isn't exactly fraught with danger. How much do you think it costs to recast some heads and knock together some 'cheap but kind of close enough to pass muster' outfits and accessories? If an inferior knock off couldn't be done dirt cheap then these Redman versions wouldn't be seeing the light of day.

Iminime/MW/CK already offer some of the most competitively priced custom products out there. To expect them to be knocking out figures of the same quality for less than $200 is ill thought out fantasy land nonsense.

Yes exactly this is my point
you have make already a major investment....

Why not take the next step and proceed with a mass production with preoders system....maybe because you want the easy money....???
$300 - $400 profit from each figure????

Why even bother with other people than the rich folks that are willing to spend this kind of money....

I HAD BOTH IMINIME AND RECASTED HEAD

THERE IS NOT SO MUCH DIFFERENCE AS YOU WANT TO BELIEVE...

THE ONLY THING I AM SAYING IS THAT Iminime/MW/CK COULD SELL THEIR FIGURES FOR MUCH MORE LESS
AND AVOID ALL THESE RECASTERS...

PEOPLE WILL BUY THESE THINGS WITHOUT EVEN KNOWNING THE ORIGINAL ARTIST EXISTENCE

And don't take these China unlicensed manufacturers as precedence because most time they can't be found

Back