[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, this whole discussion about are they a custom company, a mass producing company, who the hell cares! Why does there have to be a label placed on them. They provide a high quality product at a reasonable price, in my opinion. I vote with my wallet, I like it, I buy it, if not, I don't. Simple as that. I don't try to break down the ethics, the outsourcing, how many people touched it, the intricacy of the outfit, etc. Some of these comments make it sound like there is some type of deception going on, Denny is very upfront and those of us who support Iminime know exactly what we are getting for our $.

I'm not knocking anyone's opinion, just don't understand the steamrolling and bandwagon behavior.

:goodpost:
I have to say, this whole discussion about are they a custom company, a mass producing company, who the hell cares! Why does there have to be a label placed on them. They provide a high quality product at a reasonable price, in my opinion. I vote with my wallet, I like it, I buy it, if not, I don't. Simple as that. I don't try to break down the ethics, the outsourcing, how many people touched it, the intricacy of the outfit, etc. Some of these comments make it sound like there is some type of deception going on, Denny is very upfront and those of us who support Iminime know exactly what we are getting for our $.

I'm not knocking anyone's opinion, just don't understand the steamrolling and bandwagon behavior.

You are right Steve. My reaction was to come to Denny's defense because some one posted a video review that I felt was unfair. For my part in egging this on... I apologize

Denny offered to take me in when I was an orphan on the streets of Korea. He used to give me Kimchi and let me drink from his garden hose. I even offered to wax on wax off his cars but he was too generous of a man. God bless him

My plan in the future is to make my own body....it costs like 40K us just for mold. big money..

I dream it to make mine, so...when the dream comes true, everybody will have no problem with body any more.

For custom, not like mass produced one, we can't make body....we just buy existing body from China and HK.

that's the limitation in custom work.

If we possibly make a project like....investing program for make a body....

targeting : 1,000 people with 50us per person, or 500 people with 100us....we can build up our own body.
if anyone to try this, let me know...then we can make that plan all together.

targeting : 1,000 people with 50us per person, or 500 people with 100us....we can build up our own body.

Try kickstarter Denny.

My plan in the future is to make my own body....it costs like 40K us just for mold. big money..

I dream it to make mine, so...when the dream comes true, everybody will have no problem with body any more.

For custom, not like mass produced one, we can't make body....we just buy existing body from China and HK.

that's the limitation in custom work.

Denny, the custom supporters understand what goes into producing these figures, and the fans who have a grasp on the logistics know the difference between realistic expectations and what isn't feasible for you. We fully understand why you have to use those bodies and most people except it. Don't let the opinion of a few people who aren't well versed in the way the custom world works bother you. Your fans and supporters know that you do the best you can to keep prices down while offering the best product at that price point. You guys have come a long way over the last 2 years; keep up the fantastic work brother! :hi5:

Try kickstarter Denny.

Definitely. I'm sure a lot of us would chip in, and, really, many people from outside the custom section, if you were to come up with a solid design that could even surpass the TT, 1/6th collectors would be knocking down your door for a way to make it happen.

Just to chime in on the bodies & hands. This has been something that has repeatedly come up since right after people started receiving Iminime's first few releases with the original KO's that were really terrible. It's been said many times over but I'll just echo so some who have missed it in the past can better understand. The bodies are basically just thrown in. These would cost US around $25 each at retail; that's buying singles on eBay with shipping and fees incorporated in that price. So what do you think these cost Denny buying in bulk? Needless to say that he wouldn't be able to knock $40-$50 bucks off the top by not including the body. They are included just to complete the full figure.

Official TT aren't available in the quantity that Iminime needs. Maybe when they are first released but once they start to dry up, forget it. And even if TT's were available in bulk, they wouldn't be able to be included in this price point. They would surely drive the retail price up $30.

Just trying to put it in perspective for those who haven't heard this said before

Edit: And KO's have come a looooooong way from the V1's a couple years back. I'm a body snob and I rarely find myself swapping out these bodies for an official TT anymore. The only time I do that is for height/proportion purposes but these latest versions, while not as good as the real deal, really serve their purposes. They're plenty sturdy enough to hold poses without stands. Which is more than EB can say about some of their bodies

Last edited:

The ol' vote with your wallet metaphor again. Just verified how watered down this hobby has gotten. News Flash people care and apparently a lot of non voting with the wallet has been going on because according to wake business for Iminime or masterworks has been disappointing.

It's important to ask what type of company it is or trying to be so that customers can have a better understanding of the final product expectations. Just because you don't care to ask these type of questions since apparently all your satisfied with is some representation of a character in your collection doesn't mean these questions shouldn't be asked especially when products are pitched as limited editions (where are the numbered certificates) or any other questions customers may have about the value their getting product wise for what their paying for.

You are right Steve. My reaction was to come to Denny's defense because some one posted a video review that I felt was unfair. For my part in egging this on... I apologize

I didn't see anything wrong with the Clipperkings review at all. There was plenty of praise for certain aspects of the overall product and then there were some major flaws that he pointed out that were right on the money. Asking the questions he asked, why shouldn't these figures come with some type of box art for the money that's paid for them? Why are the straps on the boots so cheap looking?, why did it come with terrible bodies for a $1500 dollar trio set? Where is the money really going when you compare it to a mass produced figure that should logically be of inferior quality because it's Mass Produced. If these things are hand made then where do those handmade qualities really shine? The paint job....so what! There are plenty of great painters that can work a sculpt. If the figure doesn't feel like a handmade, quality handcrafted item then what's the point. In other words what makes this feel different from what we can get mass produced? That's a legitimate question to ask and Clipper King had every right to ask it .

Last edited:

Well said!!!

I guess setting up a Kickstarter is not a terrible idea. Doesn't cost anything and if it works... great.

In regards to the bodies... I don't think I've swapped an iminime body since Star Trek and that's just because the bodies didn't work wither he bulky layered clothing. But I kept them and used them for other figures. I havemt replaced a body because it was bad since maybe Alfred. Every other standard tT Ko or zcwo body has been great quality right out of the box. What more could you want? Now he's also putting in stands and the extra peices.

I just don't understand what people expect? The new TT KO bodies are better than the pre gambit tT bodies in terms of quality anyways. There's nothing to complain about here! I don't get it honestly?

In regards to the bodies... I don't think I've swapped an iminime body since Star Trek and that's just because the bodies didn't work wither he bulky layered clothing. But I kept them and used them for other figures. I havemt replaced a body because it was bad since maybe Alfred. Every other standard tT Ko or zcwo body has been great quality right out of the box. What more could you want? Now he's also putting in stands and the extra peices.

I just don't understand what people expect? The new TT KO bodies are better than the pre gambit tT bodies in terms of quality anyways. There's nothing to complain about here! I don't get it honestly?

Agreed! :goodpost: I have never replaced an Iminime body, I do however replace all of their hands but thats easy, forgot who else said it but who doesn't have plenty of spare hands around? The bodies are good, hands are horrible but easily replaceable.

The knock-off body's hands can be "fixed" with a coat or two of dullcote. Afterwards, they're as good as Hot Toys ones.

thanks for your comment , I can see all your points and agree with just about all you say and I know how the money spread works and the logistics behind it all . but I stick to the views I give in the review . if you look at the set and not think of the price then there's a lot to like about em , but if you keep in your mind the question am I getting value for money then you start seeing the cheap short cuts taken . anyways I picked the carlito in fairness to the custom figures and give them a chance in comparison , I was gunna compare them to dx jack sparrow but that would've been a none starter because I feel that sculpt rules all , not the best figure but fault head sculpt . ive been lucky to have seen some really nice custom figures in hand from serangs jimi , to dennys rick grimes , chaplin , bateman , fight club and ive gotta be honest for every point where there awesome theres also little things that drive me mad and I feel I hope the artists see this review because if all they feel is smoke being blown up there arses then there never gunna sort the things that drive me mad drive . and a lot of what I said in the last ten minutes is more to do with some of the elitist custom collectors view that hot toys or enterbay are some what beneath them and that because of the size of the price tag that automatically dictate top quality but I don't see that as the case and I wont suck up to any artist in fear of missing one of the next pieces . answer me this honestly ..... if you equally loved the character of blondie from the good the bad and the ugly and arnie from t2 and someone put both figures in your hand and never told you the going rate but told you had to spend your last £150 on one , and im including all extras and packaging !!! which one do you walk home with ???

Let me start by saying that I’m not one of those people that have a problem with the way you speak and I’m not offended in the least by the fook word :lol. I actually dig the lingo from our brothers across the pond, I like you passion for the hobby and I dig your reviews. I think you do a great job and definitely know your s__t when it comes to the mass produced side of the hobby, but I have to say that it’s very evident that you’re completely out of your element when you’re talking about customs. You said that you won’t be offended if someone comes forth to say that you have it wrong…. so I don’t want you to be offended when I tell you that you have it waaaaaay off brother. Everything that you said is the usual set of ideas that we’ve heard 100 times from people who lack knowledge of the way the custom world works, and have ideas that are full of misconception and assumption.

I’m honestly wondering why you wanted to even spend an hour to review these figs? You don’t like Clint, don’t like this movie much or westerns at all in general, don’t really like customs and seem to have a set of feelings about custom collectors… so why review them? It’s kind of hard to be fair and honest when there is that much bias and misconception involved. For the 10 reasons already mentioned and another 50 more, you can’t compare mass produced stuff and customs in an apple to apple fashion. And to compare them to Carlito??? That may be the best mass produced sculpt TO DATE that sits on top of a great body with an awesome outfit and includes great extras… for $160-$180. HT won’t even give us that kind of package for that price point anymore. That figure is far from your average everyday 1/6 offering. But if Denny produced 3000(+/-) Blondies like BW surely did Carlito, then I’m sure it would’ve been offered in a much more similar price range.

Dude I like what you do but my humble opinion is you should stick to reviewing mass produced stuff. As is there is plenty of misconception out there about the custom offerings; no need to spread any more

I just finished watching the review. One of the most truthful and no-bullsh|t reviews I've ever seen. This man just earned another subscriber to his channel. I'm a diehard custom collector but this guy is coming from a straightforward and honest place. I really can't say that I disagree with his assessment of what the custom figure game is now. His Carlito comparison brought up a lot of very interesting points and his point of view was honest, fair and balanced. None of this ass kissing we see these days just to win favor.

Great review Clipper :duff :clap
Channel subscribed!

Truthful? Fair & balanced?? What's going on with you bro :lol. You're a guy that is a straight art figure collector, isn't into to the mass produced product and you find his ideas about customs truthful?

Last edited:
Agreed! :goodpost: I have never replaced an Iminime body, I do however replace all of their hands but thats easy, forgot who else said it but who doesn't have plenty of spare hands around? The bodies are good, hands are horrible but easily replaceable.

Of course. Most people in this hobby have a parts bin and some of us custom nuts have a very extensive bins filled with hand sets, bodies, weapons, etc. I even change the hands on my Rainman figs because even though he includes official TT (most of the time), only the 2 pair that come with the body are included and most times that's less than what's needed.

The thinking that custom producers should include hands that are perfectly suitable for the accessories in a set is fueled by more misconception. They don't use injection moulding methods so how would this be done? With resin? So we could get rock hard, unmalleable hands that also don't work well with the accessories?

Back