[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I can't take another pic because I don't have the headsculpt anymore , but yeah the iminime is slightly better and the pictures I uploaded are under false lighting so aren't the best example. But neither are close to hot toys or enterbay standard , and I know it's because of the process used but it's just a fact iminime look what they are ... Hand painted !! Hot toys are nearly always cleaner , more accurate and more natural looking IMO

I agree to some of your points: Hottoys is definitely pioneer in mass produce head sculpt painting, DID Corp is quite good as well; Enterbay head sculpt is good but paint job just sad.

ava6yze7.jpg

ubuguba2.jpg

qa6unu3e.jpg

No I can't take another pic because I don't have the headsculpt anymore , but yeah the iminime is slightly better and the pictures I uploaded are under false lighting so aren't the best example. But neither are close to hot toys or enterbay standard , and I know it's because of the process used but it's just a fact iminime look what they are ... Hand painted !! Hot toys are nearly always cleaner , more accurate and more natural looking IMO

I guess we all see different things, but i completely disagree with that statement about Hot Toys being better and more natural looking.

Iminime's paint is the most natural looking I've ever seen and in my opinion blows anything Hot Toys have ever done out of the water, period. I've owned a few hundred Hot Toys and have never owned one single figure that comes close to any of iminime's paint. Hot Toys are great, don't get me wrong, but seriously, most natural paint apps...? Not in my eyes, but like i say, i think we all see different things and opinions will be varied.

I guess we all see different things, but i completely disagree with that statement about Hot Toys being better and more natural looking.

Iminime's paint is the most natural looking I've ever seen and in my opinion blows anything Hot Toys have ever done out of the water, period. I've owned a few hundred Hot Toys and have never owned one single figure that comes close to any of iminime's paint. Hot Toys are great, don't get me wrong, but seriously, most natural paint apps...? Not in my eyes, but like i say, i think we all see different things and opinions will be varied.

I think this is quite natural and it's a 2010 figure

dapyhy9a.jpg

And this is a more recent iminime paint work

4eha5y5e.jpg

The skintones on most of the newer HT figures, and past for that matter have always been way darker than any natural Caucasian skintone. Look at the HT Wolverine as a recent example. Also HT eyepaint are just one solid colored pupil. HT heads are plastic so imo the sculpts always give off that plasticy unnatural shine.
But its not really fair to compare HT sculpts to hand painted sculpts, factory paint will never be able to top hand painted sculpts imo.

The skintones on most of the newer HT figures, and past for that matter have always been way darker than any natural Caucasian skintone. Look at the HT Wolverine as a recent example. Also HT eyepaint are just one solid colored pupil. HT heads are plastic so imo the sculpts always give off that plasticy unnatural shine.
But its not really fair to compare HT sculpts to hand painted sculpts, factory paint will never be able to top hand painted sculpts imo.

Not according to theclipperking!

is Wake sponsored by Denny or what ??? climb out pal , send me a link to one of your reviews and ill check em out to see where I'm going wrong

the thing is if you actually watch and listen to my review I actually say the sculpts and paint are awesome and gave all three a 5 out of 5 , so what more could I say ???

Bottom line is that no matter what you do weather you justify collection customs or don't due to the price and lack of official lisences, likenesses, fancy packaging etc. You simply can't compare mass produced items to custom items as a ln argument over price. Period. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Iminime Painted Sculpts: Best in the Business! :clap
Iminime Clothing,Accessories: Excellent:)
Iminime Bodies, Hands: Worst in the Business!:mad:

Its simple Iminime! Fix the Body and Hands issue :gah: Please :wave I could care less about Packaging :lol

its that simple , do the proto of the figure , tailor it to a certain body that's plentiful circulation , and when iminime start taking preorders tell the buyer which body they need , the buyer can also buy additional hands that will actually hold the accessories supplied and in turn iminime can bring the price down by $40-$50 , that way no one like me can say we're paying for ****e , and also because you'll not be getting the body there might actually be room in the box so everythings not just rammed into the two side slits

Clipper, you are aware head and clothing were available separately for each of these figures, right?

The body and hands being eliminated would NOT reduce the price by $40-50. This is INCORRECT. At most you'd be looking at a $20 reduction in price. The ZCWO bodies currently being used are really NOT BAD and well worth the $20 price tag.

Wake - I think that $20 would be better spent as part of a $40-60 investment for a real tt or better k.o atleast. I think ppl would be ok with paying 20-30 more for a reliable body with hands with pegs that actually work.....

I do have to agree with Phine1. MW's pricing is already pretty much unbeatable in the custom world, especially for the quality, so, for future releases, I don't think people would mind the additional cost of a TT. However, if you don't want to to change the current business model, what if you allowed customers to "upgrade" to a TT with the additional $20-30 surcharge during the PO period?

well would someone do my the figure maths ? if I wanted a painted head how much ? then a full clothes set how much ? then blondies pistol how much ? your sayin the body is $20 so please break me down where the other $480 goes

well would someone do my the figure maths ? if I wanted a painted head how much ? then a full clothes set how much ? then blondies pistol how much ? your sayin the body is $20 so please break me down where the other $480 goes

The painted heads are 180. The clothing sets are 220-290 depending on the complexity. That's ALREADY about 400-490.
The boots and accessories are cast in resin and painted by hand. Resin is EXPENSIVE. Where's the problem in your understanding the cost?

The painted heads are 180. The clothing sets are 220-290 depending on the complexity. That's ALREADY about 400-490.
The boots and accessories are cast in resin and painted by hand. Resin is EXPENSIVE. Where's the problem in your understanding the cost?

Back