[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't. Chimed in just been observing from a far. I own the trio and a few others of iminimes work and my only complaint is I wish Denny would use better bodies. Other than that his work cannot be touched, and the customer service is second to none.

So it's cheaper to have it with the body than without ? Kinda like if you have a 12" subway it's cheaper with the drink . And it kinda says to me that if your basically giving away the body for free then ya know it's not that good ! As for the outfit complexity please explain what would be considered a complex outfit just so I can fully understand so when I review your next piece I'll take all this into account

Ric, I do think the outfit requires a certain degree of professional tailoring, pattern and material choosing to be as screen accurate as possible. If you are comparing outfit "complexity" to hot toys outfits like the captain america outfit or man of steel suit, then obviously there is no comparison as those outfits are much much more complex. Yunsil is probably the best outfit tailor for the 1/6 community besides Kato and her prices are standard 250 - 290.

So it's cheaper to have it with the body than without ? Kinda like if you have a 12" subway it's cheaper with the drink . And it kinda says to me that if your basically giving away the body for free then ya know it's not that good ! As for the outfit complexity please explain what would be considered a complex outfit just so I can fully understand so when I review your next piece I'll take all this into account

The more pieces the oufit has the more complex it is.
The more stitching required for each piece the more complex it is.
The more different kinds of fabrics are involved the more complex it is.
Jackets are more complex than tshirts.
Etc.

The full set is more expensive than the H&C by virtue of the accessories and shoes being Resin and Handpainted. Thats the difference in cost. The Body is a negligible cost and in full sets its basically thrown in with the exception of figures like Memento (with the tattoo'ed muscle body) or the female figures which have shoes specifically sculpt to fit the particular bodies they come with.

imo if theyre selling at these prices, theyre fair prices.
although I would like to see Denny look into the possibility of a body upgrade....
personally, I really like the iminime boxes. simple and clean - perfect.

I'm not talking about Clippers review here, but I've never understood the box part of anyone's review. Does it protect the item inside...? That's it basically. I've never displayed my boxes in a detolf and never intend putting them anywhere else other than the loft.

The only box i have ever displayed is Hot toys Godfather every other box is in my cupboard, i don't see the problem with Denny's boxes they are classy exactly like the figures :dunno all i'd change is the foam inserts maybe have slots for the accessories thats about it

The box art to me is as important as the figure itself. I love box arts and appreciate the packaging and the look of it as much as the figure. It feels more complete with a packaging. That being said, i can overlook custom figures that do not have as sophisticated as hot toys. Like I said, economies of scale, the more units produces, the lower the costs are so they can afford to spread design costs over the thousands of units they make. Custom figures do not have this luxury.

I liked the idea of a slipcover for each release - while keeping the same boxes.

So for Iminime product they either commission artists like Trevor or have a team of artists that sculpt? another person paints, another person tailors clothing, another person sculpts accessories, another paints accessories. Is any part of the production besides the clothing outsourced to Chinese factories?

I like some of what Iminime puts out but I think this company doesn't really know what it wants to be. Does it want to be a company like blitzway or enterbay with mass produced fully licensed runs? can it truly be considered real custom work like that of Rainman who sculpts and paints his own run of figures? or would it rather be a business that just fills the void for characters that won't be made by the big boys or takes the smaller custom guys more time to do and just reap the benefits of labeling the work custom art?

Doing business under 3 completely different names is also pretty sketchy. There's a lot of cutting corners in that scenario alone....so I can see what Clipperking is really trying to say here with regard to product value.

I think Denny is genuinely trying to cater to both customer bases though and this has become very difficult to do.

Last edited:
You wouldn't even need a full slipcover. You could just have a band like the one in the top left corner here, with some artwork and the figure name to wrap around the box:

cnx5.jpg

So for Iminime product they either commission artists like Trevor or have a team of artists that sculpt? another person paints, another person tailors clothing, another person sculpts accessories, another paints accessories. Is any part of the production besides the clothing outsourced to Chinese factories?

I like some of what Iminime puts out but I think this company doesn't really know what it wants to be. Does it want to be a company like blitzway or enterbay with mass produced runs, can it truly be considered real custom work like that of Rainman who sculpts and paints his own run of figures, or would it rather be a business that just fills the void for characters that won't be made by the big boys or takes the smaller custom guys more time to do?

I think Denny is genuinely trying to cater to both customer bases and this has become very difficult to do.
They are more in line with RM right now but with bigger addition sizes. RM's tailoring is outsourced as well. He only sculpts the heads/accessories and paints 20 or so of them. The rest are painted by Aeon who also paints all the accessories.

id just like to add because i dont think ive mentioned it , i do really like denny ive spoke to him a few times on facebook and always seems a great guy and i know he really wants to please the collectors , and i also would like to thank him for listening to the collectors and being brave enough to attempt the characters we actually want other than always marvel and dc licenses . i was buzzin more than most to see goodfellas being done and i know i'm gunna find it hard to pass on , but at this price point and knowing that when the figures arrived id still have to add items to my taste (body and hands) that will be the thing that stops me buying em

The bodies are **** and everbody knows that, but the bodies are **** across the board with customs as of recent. Rainmans V2 came with that same exact crappy body that Denny used but the circumstances were a bit different for us. We asked for a body that was basically a substitute placeholder for the TTM-18 because there is a drought for those type of a Hottoys body's

Under these conditions I'm an advocate for scrapping the junk bodies in favor of a head and clothing based kit that is tailored to specific high quality Truetypes. It's the collectors responsibility to find the body. Will it save people money in the long run though?......I seriously doubt it.

Last edited:
I see both sides on the coin, people like full figure for the fact that once u open the box, BAM! The figure is right there, ready to be posed. It feels great. However, H+C sets offer the best variety and customization (this is what the hobby's about right? Customizing?) for the consumer and saving a buck while at it. It certainly won't hurt Iminime sales if they offer H+C sets. They did for Breaking bad, i'm sure they're slowly experimenting with it.

Back