IM3 Armors Poll - Which Would You Buy? (Movie Design Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weren't most of these suits blown up by Stark anyways before we ever got to see them on screen?

I don't think any of them got more than 30 seconds of screen time besides the Mark 42, I loved how everyone got excited about the Igor armor being in the movie and we ended up seeing it for the exact amount of time as we did in the trailer if I remember, just that one shot of it busting trough the wall and the other of it holding up the strucher under Stark

Completely untrue, we saw about 4 seconds more of Igor in the movie than in the trailer. ;)~

But yeah, pretty much. I was really looking forward to seeing the personality of that armor too. Such a bummer. I knew they weren't going to have time to dive into too many armors in one movie, but sheesh.

the last 20 minutes of the movie are such a blur, armors flying around all over the place:panic:, I would need to view it multiple times in order to break down what armor is on the screen and when, it was definitly crazy that's for sure

As was said just on the last page, there is enough thought in the actual design and they look so cool, that's enough for me. Even if I didn't see them on-screen that much.

Update on the results with 81 respondents. Looking at the new pics of these armors, I personally DEFINITELY want Silver Centurion, Gemini and Thumper!
Wow, is Gemini looking cool or what! Thanks for posting these dude. Finally, we get to see some detailed pics of these popular armors. Gemini has more screen time than I thought. It takes down two Extremis soldiers using repulsor blasts from a distance. Where did you get these BTW?

They're not half-thought up from a design perspective. There's some wonderful well thought out mechanical design in pretty much all of them. At least that's how I feel.

I know I'm in small company in this respect, but I buy toys because of their aesthetic appeal rather than their relative importance in the narrative of a story.
Same here buddy. I don't effin care if the suit got only 1/gazillion secs worth of screen-time. If I like the design, I want it.

weren't most of these suits blown up by Stark anyways before we ever got to see them on screen?

I don't think any of them got more than 30 seconds of screen time besides the Mark 42, I loved how everyone got excited about the Igor armor being in the movie and we ended up seeing it for the exact amount of time as we did in the trailer if I remember, just that one shot of it busting trough the wall and the other of it holding up the strucher under Stark
Exactly. And they atleast showed what the suit is meant for i.e. heavy lifting. They could've done the same with a couple of others' too.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I currently only have the Mk VI and WM figures (along with villains Whiplash and Monger). I def want the Mk 42 and IP suits, but I only see me buying MAYBE one other secondary suit. I have a hard time justifying $250 for something that was in the movie 5 seconds, no matter how cool it looks. Now if they were under $200, that might be different. For me there is a "cost vs. screen time" to figure out.

They're not half-thought up from a design perspective. There's some wonderful well thought out mechanical design in pretty much all of them. At least that's how I feel.

Well not sure if you already know this but most of these suits are indeed rooted in the comic books. The names and appearances may differ a bit but the functions are the same. These suits have for the most part all appeared in marvel iron man back issues.

Everyday my taste for these suits changes...for now, in addition to the Mark 42 (and Iron Patriot), I'm looking forward to Silver Centurion, Nightwatch and Shotgun primarily because they were worn by Tony in the movie at one point or another.

My tastes haven't changed since the first armor reveals, this two are by far my favorite Iron Man suits other than the MK VII.

hd9ed8df53828edce848ad6.jpg

hdce006c9464219186d27ad.jpg

Saw "Tony Stark 3" yesterday. No interest in any of the suits since they were not in the film for more than 12 seconds each. Not even Mark 42 interests me anymore.

Don't get me started on the Mandarin.

Saw "Tony Stark 3" yesterday. No interest in any of the suits since they were not in the film for more than 12 seconds each. Not even Mark 42 interests me anymore.

Don't get me started on the Mandarin.

Don't turn yet another figure thread into a movie review thread. :1-1:

I think the Hammerhead design is pretty similar to Saunders' original design from the first movie. Kinda like how War Machine in the second movie, while not identical was very close to the design Saunders did for the first movie.

Image%202013.05.14%209%3A19%3A51%20AM.jpeg

Actually, based on it's model in the upcoming game, it looks identical. Makes sense they'd re-use old concepts since they need to design so many.

Image%202013.05.14%209%3A24%3A25%20AM.jpeg

Don't turn yet another figure thread into a movie review thread. :1-1:

It's not a movie review, it's a figure interest comment. It's hard to be interested in buying a figure that has less screen time than a TV commercial. :gah:

I really tried to focus on what all the suits looked like and were doing during that last fight. If I had watched that last fight scene in 3D,I think my head would of exploded.

It's not a movie review, it's a figure interest comment. It's hard to be interested in buying a figure that has less screen time than a TV commercial. :gah:

It's not, the design of some of these suits are awesome, and for me thats enough to warrant a purchase if they get made, im fed up of standard red & gold designs, i want the space look of Gemini and the fighter jet styling of Shotgun.

Back