IM3 Armors Poll - Which Would You Buy? (Movie Design Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Results so far. 29 respondents.

Top armors so far:
1. Mark 17 - "Heartbreaker" Artilery-Level RT
2. Mark 33 - "Silver Centurion" Enhanced-Energy
3. Mark 42 - Prehensile
4. Mark 39 - "Gemini" Sub-Orbital
(tied with above) 4. Mark 40 - "Shotgun" High-Velocity
(tied with above) 4. Mark 41 - "Bones" Skeleton
5. Mark 38 - "Igor" Heavy-Lifting
6. Mark 16 - "Nightclub" Black Stealth
7. Mark 25 - "Thumper" Heavy-Construction
8. Mark 15 - "Sneaky" Stealth
(tied with above) 8. Mark 37 - "Hammerhead" Deep-Sea
(tied with above) 8. Mark 35 - "Red Snapper" Disaster-Rescue

Only 3 people have voted "None" so far.

8717589814_f6610f8d2a_o.jpg

I voted for Heartbreaker, Igor and XLII, and would have included Iron Patriot too had it been there :D

Why is XLII called 'prehensile'?

It's a good question. Tony calls it that, and I don't really know why. Prehensile means "to grasp" - so I guess you could say that the suit "grasps" Tony and the other parts of the suit? That's the only thing I can think of, but it's kind of a stretch. I guess he WAS up 72 hours?

I really lilke the Heartbreaker Armor. I'd like to see a PowerPose figure done of that one.

Far fewer than I would have thought. The Disco and Hot Rod WM prototype are particularly terrible. Others are minor alterations or somewhat underwhelming. Other than Heartbreaker, Silver Centurian, Gemini, and Igor I would likely grab the ones that stand out and/or have cool color schemes like the High Velocity, Blue Steel and Deep Sea. Good to know these IM suits are not going to be breaking the bank.

Also, this seems to be the Mark 16 'Nightclub' but it is red. Anyone know which one is it? Tony wears this one
23mwtua.png

I was thinking the same thing, this looks like it's the NIGHTCLUB suit with the pointy shoulders and the extra lights, but it's red & gold?!

I was thinking the same thing, this looks like it's the NIGHTCLUB suit with the pointy shoulders and the extra lights, but it's red & gold?!

It's a long shot but maybe since it's a stealth armour the panels change colour, like a version of the "retro-reflective" panels on the helicarrier.

It's a good question. Tony calls it that, and I don't really know why. Prehensile means "to grasp" - so I guess you could say that the suit "grasps" Tony and the other parts of the suit? That's the only thing I can think of, but it's kind of a stretch. I guess he WAS up 72 hours?

I think you're right:

Kevin Feige said:
Tony’s taken that idea of a suit that can deploy to him even further at the beginning of this film, and we have what we call the prehensile suit, which allows each individual piece of the suit to fly separately and latch on to him.

Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=76571#OMhOFABy6hUkTAZ6.99

Not a precise use of the word though. :D

Why is XLII called 'prehensile'?
Cuz it attaches itself onto him and as JonWes said, he'd been up for 72 hrs alongwith Kevin Feige. :D

Which makes me think - if Tony needed sub-dermal implants to command the suit onto himself, how does he make it latch onto Pepper and later Killian??

I really lilke the Heartbreaker Armor. I'd like to see a PowerPose figure done of that one.
I doubt it cuz a diecast version has already been announced.

IKR. Any different variant or such isn't shown in the artbook.

It's a long shot but maybe since it's a stealth armour the panels change colour, like a version of the "retro-reflective" panels on the helicarrier.
Maybe. Which is why the movie disappointed me in that they did not demo any characteristic feature of any suit.

Mark 28 "The Deadpool Armor" is kind of funny but realistically at HT prices I only would probably buy the Mark 42 and any that were seen to tried to film version the comic armors like Silver Centurion or "Blue Steel" which looks like the Stealth suit, Mark 11 which reminds me of the Heroes Reborn armor.

After seeing the movie, im only getting the Mark 42 and Iron Patriot.

There's no way im spending $300 on an armor that appeared onscreen for 2 freaking seconds.

Wow, I didn't know they actually made all those suit designs. That was a cool read. :)

Update - now with 47 respondents. Some clear favorites are starting to emerge:

The Top 10:
Mark 33 - "Silver Centurion" Enhanced-Energy 61.70% 29
Mark 17 - "Heartbreaker" Artilery-Level RT 57.45% 27
Mark 39 - "Gemini" Sub-Orbital 48.94% 23
Mark 42 - Prehensile 48.94% 23
Mark 40 - "Shotgun" High-Velocity 44.68% 21
Mark 41 - "Bones" Skeleton 34.04% 16
Mark 38 - "Igor" Heavy-Lifting 34.04% 16
Mark 16 - "Nightclub" Black Stealth 27.66% 13
Mark 25 - "Thumper" Heavy-Construction 25.53% 12
Mark 15 - "Sneaky" Stealth 23.40% 11
Mark 35 - "Red Snapper" Disaster-Rescue 23.40% 11 (tied with above)

Only 3 people voted "None"

8717632419_4c1abb121c_o.jpg

Back