IM3 Armors Poll - Which Would You Buy? (Movie Design Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not, the design of some of these suits are awesome, and for me thats enough to warrant a purchase if they get made, im fed up of standard red & gold designs, i want the space look of Gemini and the fighter jet styling of Shotgun.

Well, that's a difference between you and I. I want to purchase figures that have an impact in a film. It felt like the whole point of all the suits in the film was to sell merchandise. Nothing wrong with that but I choose not to take part in that.

I think the Hammerhead design is pretty similar to Saunders' original design from the first movie. Kinda like how War Machine in the second movie, while not identical was very close to the design Saunders did for the first movie.

Actually, based on it's model in the upcoming game, it looks identical. Makes sense they'd re-use old concepts since they need to design so many.

Yeah, I was surprised the design was so faithful to that. Hasbro did a figure of that design a while back, too. It's a cool design. Not sure I love the colors on the IM3 version.

4450307491_6eba7d3e3a.jpg

After finally seeing this movie, the only armor I'm still interested in is the MK38. Despite the screen time, it still looked cool to me.

I really tried to focus on what all the suits looked like and were doing during that last fight. If I had watched that last fight scene in 3D,I think my head would of exploded.
And the ones around you would've saw that in 3D!

It's not, the design of some of these suits are awesome, and for me thats enough to warrant a purchase if they get made, im fed up of standard red & gold designs, i want the space look of Gemini and the fighter jet styling of Shotgun.
No love for Sneaky?? :)

While it doesn't matter to me, it's cool to know that Gemini has more screen time than just the suit line-up scene. I was happy to see that he didn't get wasted by them bad guys. :yess:

Yeah, I was surprised the design was so faithful to that. Hasbro did a figure of that design a while back, too. It's a cool design. Not sure I love the colors on the IM3 version.

4450307491_6eba7d3e3a.jpg
I don't think that the IM3 version has that tacky colour like in the game. It's green alright but with a more deep hue.

After finally seeing this movie, the only armor I'm still interested in is the MK38. Despite the screen time, it still looked cool to me.
Yeah, I liked Igor too. It's heavy, hefty, industrial look is what appealed to me. And does it's job perfectly.

Last edited:
I just voted in the poll.
The armors had so little screen time and they were really inconsequential that none are must haves.
But based on looks and IM history, the Silver Centurion armor is one I'm compelled to buy the most. Too bad such an iconic armor is just wasted in the movie.

Heartbreaker, Gemini, and Bones are interesting, I'd get them if I had the money.

But strangely the one armor that's associated with Iron Man 3 that I really want the most is War Machine 2, which I didn't see at all in the movie and don't think it made an appearance apart from the Iron Patriot colored version.
I have a feeling it's in cut footage.

I was pretty sure I was down for Heartbreaker but now that I've thought about it I can pass. Although there are some great designs, I don't find any of them iconic enough that I have to own one. I just want that doggone rumoured Mark IV diecast and I'm good for Iron Man.

But strangely the one armor that's associated with Iron Man 3 that I really want the most is War Machine 2, which I didn't see at all in the movie and don't think it made an appearance apart from the Iron Patriot colored version.
I have a feeling it's in cut footage.

Having read the relevant part of the Art book, I DEFINITELY think War Machine appeared at some point. Or was planned too. The way they present it, they fully designed War Machine first. That's where the most design time went in, and then Iron Patriot was a repaint. Seems an odd way of going about it if they planned to never show WM.

Also interesting to note, from the storyboards Maya Hansen was definitely not at the Stark Mansion during the attack when it was first realized.

Having read the relevant part of the Art book, I DEFINITELY think War Machine appeared at some point. Or was planned too. The way they present it, they fully designed War Machine first. That's where the most design time went in, and then Iron Patriot was a repaint. Seems an odd way of going about it if they planned to never show WM.

Also interesting to note, from the storyboards Maya Hansen was definitely not at the Stark Mansion during the attack when it was first realized.
Confuses me too. I mean, if she was with
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Confuses me too. I mean, if she...

Well... (trying to still be spoiler conscious)
Spoiler Spoiler:

I still find it interesting that track #2 on the musical score is titled "War Machine". So likely it was in the movie at the beginning before the IP customization. Funny that the armor isn't even in the movie, yet there is still a song with that title.

I really like the Mark 17 (heartbreaker) and mark 42. Those designs just look attractive to me for some reason.

My guess would be that the visual complexity of them is what you find appealing. They both share that in common, more so than I think most of the other suits. The Mark V is similar in that respect.

Back