I'm getting a Mad Catz Fight Stick/Pad...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which controller are you getting?

• I'm a badass and get the Tournament Edition

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I'm a Stock Standard Edition

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • *Cough*... Fightpad

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I'm getting another brand... (Hori etc.)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Sorry, I'm a hardcore with my own sweet custom Stick!

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
Did you get a square gate? I'm really looking for something that's also used an octagonal [on the TE specifically] to get a firsthand opinion on the general feel/difference.

I was thinking of modding an SE a few months ago but the sanwa parts took forever to get shipped so I gave up.

Also, Nash, MooMooEgg, did you guys get yours for "cheap" ie around USD 149?

I got my TE the other week for $135 shipped from compsource. the link is somewhere in this thread.

You can buy an octagonal gate for a few bucks and just snap it onto the stick and replace the square one. It would take you probably 5 mins to do it. The most time consuming would be unscrewing the screws on the top plate of the stick, really simple. Im a fan of the square gate so I didnt bother to change mine, but I did add another spring into the stick to make it a little stiffer.

Saw this in my Gamestop when I was buying another controller for my 360 and had to get it. Traded in a bunch of games i haven't played in a while...i was going to get SF TE one (same controller other than the art) but like this one more because....well it has Hulk on it. :rock LOVE the box...it feels like the cover of the old children's books...the glossy feel and is thick. I think I'll put the box on top of 2 side-by-side detolfs with one side having marvel stuff and the other side having Capcom (SF) stuff....although Zangief won't fit so maybe I'll have to use something other than detolfs. I would like to swap out the button/covers to another color...maybe red.

SICK dude. cant hang with that game but awesome grab nontheless.

I've got a SE for PS3 and XBox with all Sanwa parts, but once SSF4 comes out I'm going to get the new black TE edition and dual mod that sucker. Theres a nice feller on SRK that will do it for 70 bucks, parts labor and shipping so it'll definitely be worth it it. I'd recommend doing the same for anyone that wants to have fighting games on both consoles so you can get as much comp in as possible and not have to buy two sticks.

cool stick, had no idea they were making one with the MvC2 design. Might have to pick that one up eventually, but my SF4 TE serves me fine for now.

SICK dude. cant hang with that game but awesome grab nontheless.

I've got a SE for PS3 and XBox with all Sanwa parts, but once SSF4 comes out I'm going to get the new black TE edition and dual mod that sucker. Theres a nice feller on SRK that will do it for 70 bucks, parts labor and shipping so it'll definitely be worth it it. I'd recommend doing the same for anyone that wants to have fighting games on both consoles so you can get as much comp in as possible and not have to buy two sticks.

sweet. what does "duel mod" mean? EDIT: so he can make it so it works on PS3 too? Can he also make the stick tighter...I like them tight, although I haven't played with it that long so maybe I'll get used to it...not that it's too loose, just personal preference.

cool stick, had no idea they were making one with the MvC2 design. Might have to pick that one up eventually, but my SF4 TE serves me fine for now.

it's the same controller so no need for another one other than it's purty.

sweet. what does "duel mod" mean? EDIT: so he can make it so it works on PS3 too? Can he also make the stick tighter...I like them tight, although I haven't played with it that long so maybe I'll get used to it...not that it's too loose, just personal preference.

it's the same controller so no need for another one other than it's purty.

you can mod the stick yourself to make it tighter. i added another spring inside of the JLF stick to give it more resistance. imo, the single stock spring was just too loose.

^ yeah you can just use that mod, but you have an SE so youve got the stock madcatz parts. I would recommend just paying the 25 bucks from lizard lick and getting a Sanwa stick and some sanwa buttons. a relatively simple mod (it can be kind of a headache at first if you havent done it before, but i can gladly offer a tutorial but there are many online including youtube) since theres no soldering involved. just snap off the quick connect cables from the buttons, pop the buttons out, replace them and then just replace your joystick with the sanwa.

I highly recommend doing this ASAP because Madcatz have had so many issues with a washer inside the stick that completely scrapes away the board inside the stick rendering it useless, possibly even in the middle of an intense match. It may/may not happen on yours, it really depends on how well its been lubed and other factors. I wouldn't risk it especially when you can get really top quality parts for that cheap. I replaced mine immediately and had problems with both my PS3 and XBOX SE sticks straight out of the box.

and yes Dual mod is so that you can play on both PS3 and XBOX. I'm going to get this done for when SSFIV comes out since I have a lot of buddies playing on both systems. Also very handy for tournies since theres no standard console used.

^ yeah you can just use that mod, but you have an SE so youve got the stock madcatz parts. I would recommend just paying the 25 bucks from lizard lick and getting a Sanwa stick and some sanwa buttons. a relatively simple mod (it can be kind of a headache at first if you havent done it before, but i can gladly offer a tutorial but there are many online including youtube) since theres no soldering involved. just snap off the quick connect cables from the buttons, pop the buttons out, replace them and then just replace your joystick with the sanwa.

I highly recommend doing this ASAP because Madcatz have had so many issues with a washer inside the stick that completely scrapes away the board inside the stick rendering it useless, possibly even in the middle of an intense match. It may/may not happen on yours, it really depends on how well its been lubed and other factors. I wouldn't risk it especially when you can get really top quality parts for that cheap. I replaced mine immediately and had problems with both my PS3 and XBOX SE sticks straight out of the box.

and yes Dual mod is so that you can play on both PS3 and XBOX. I'm going to get this done for when SSFIV comes out since I have a lot of buddies playing on both systems. Also very handy for tournies since theres no standard console used.

I agree with normal MadCatz parts but the one pictured is a TE though with the Sanwa stick/buttons.

Created to appeal to the serious fighting enthusiast, nothing brings the arcade experience closer to home than the Marvel VS Capcom 2 Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition. Approved by Marvel and Capcom and presented in individually numbered ‘Collector’s Edition’ packaging, the Tournament Edition FightStick uses arcade quality components sourced by legendary Japanese arcade manufacturer Sanwa Denshi™. Featuring a Japanese style ball-handled joystick, 30mm Action Buttons and button placement matching the Vewlix™ arcade cabinet configuration, fighting fans will feel right at home. The D-Pad Control Switch and Dual-Turbo functionally add twin levels of turbo control to any of the Action Buttons, enhancing the arcade experience for both new and seasoned players. Complete with detailed touches such as screw on rubber feet for solid surface play, unobtrusive placement of the Start and Select/Back Buttons, a locking mechanism preventing accidental activation of turbo settings for tournament play and authentic Marvel VS Capcom 2 artwork, the Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition represents the best possible choice for gamers and comic book fans alike.

oh wow youre right. i didnt notice the black outlines and thought it was just the same size as a SE.

no worries then you're all set.

Back