I'm getting a Mad Catz Fight Stick/Pad...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which controller are you getting?

• I'm a badass and get the Tournament Edition

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I'm a Stock Standard Edition

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • *Cough*... Fightpad

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I'm getting another brand... (Hori etc.)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Sorry, I'm a hardcore with my own sweet custom Stick!

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
I'll probably try and get one of the sticks when they become more available. I'm not about to pay the prices I've seen some go for. I think someone on amazon is selling one for $1000.

I'm playing on the 360 so what is the best stick to get?

I'll probably try and get one of the sticks when they become more available. I'm not about to pay the prices I've seen some go for. I think someone on amazon is selling one for $1000.

I'm playing on the 360 so what is the best stick to get?

The madcatz TE is pretty solid.

That's great, nash. I agree, the HRAP3 is awesome. I really want some seimitsu buttons after seeing some custom fightsticks using translucent pushbuttons:

I've also been wanting to try a HAPP octagonal-gate joystick instead of the square-gate Sanwa:

Yeah bro im stoked for my seimitsu transparents. Got 6 purples and 2 oranges coming, along with two whites for the start/select buttons. also ordered an octoganal gate to see what it is like.

Matrix, i'll get a pic up once im done moding it. still waiting for the buttons and have to print out the art template.

Hmm, thanks for the input. Was gonna try to pick up the stick tomorrow but guess im not gonna now. Dont really feel like having to mod anything, atleast now. I might just sit back and hope I can come across the TE stick.

That was quick, BTW how much did it cost to ship it to them? I finally got a RMA number for my fightpad and it sucks that we have to pay for shipping. Knowing how heavy and big the TE is, I wonder how much you spent. Hope I don't get problems with my TE.

Since I bought it from the store I had to pay like 5-6 dollars or so for a box and some foam peanuts. If I had a box on hand at home I would have not needed to pay anything to ship it back to them.

Since I bought it from the store I had to pay like 5-6 dollars or so for a box and some foam peanuts. If I had a box on hand at home I would have not needed to pay anything to ship it back to them.

So madcatz sent you/emailed a prepaid packing slip?

The fight pads look pretty good, but Im thinking of getting the fightstick still for $80. Anyone have any problems with those?

People do have problems with them. Check out the Amazon.com reviews. Only a handful of people though really. Oh and Mad Catz has addressed the problems with the joy stick and those who have problems with them are asked to call them directly.

My recommendation if you get it is to mod it. Swap out the joystick, with a "Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable"

You don't HAVE to swap out the buttons, but I would swap them out. If you decide to swap out the buttons, they're only $2.95 each (Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbutton)

Also, if anyone is selling a SE stick, TE stick, or fight pad, I'm looking for one as well!

Oh and one last edit, the mods are super easy but they do void your warranty. Buy the Sanwa parts are very reliable anyways. Check out all the vids on youtube for modding help.

some good info, how hard is it to mod the pad?

People do have problems with them. Check out the Amazon.com reviews. Only a handful of people though really. Oh and Mad Catz has addressed the problems with the joy stick and those who have problems with them are asked to call them directly.

My recommendation if you get it is to mod it. Swap out the joystick, with a "Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable"

You don't HAVE to swap out the buttons, but I would swap them out. If you decide to swap out the buttons, they're only $2.95 each (Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbutton)

Also, if anyone is selling a SE stick, TE stick, or fight pad, I'm looking for one as well!

Oh and one last edit, the mods are super easy but they do void your warranty. Buy the Sanwa parts are very reliable anyways. Check out all the vids on youtube for modding help.

some good info, how hard is it to mod the pad?

The fight pad? Haven't really looked into that sorry. I've used my friends' fight pads, and I don't think there's anything I would want to mod! It reminds me of the smaller sized sega saturn controller, just a bit bigger. The D Pad is 10x better than the xbox 360's D Pad, as well as the PS3's in my opinion.

What were you thinking about modding in the fight pad anyway?

not modding the fight pad the fight stick. the link posted was to parts for the arcade like stick for sf4

I'm still a little confused on which fight stick. Anyways, the links I provided for the arcade parts works on both the SE fight stick (the $70-80 one) and and TE fight stick ($150 one). Check out this guy's youtube, he explains which parts you will need. It's worth it to watch all 8 videos in the series.

Oh yeah, and you can change the art work that are on the fight sticks! The more difficult mods include: modding the lock switch so that it will lock the Start and Select buttons (so you don't accidentally press them when playing a match online), modding the fight stick so that it'll work with both PS3 AND Xbox 360, etc.

If I had a fight stick, the first thing I would do is switch the BALL on the joystick to a BAT type (looks like a short baseball bat). I guess I'm more used to using that type at the arcades I grew up playing.

Almost canceled my SE fightstick from amazon and glad I didn't. Might go ahead and custom it myself.

You should, and if you decide to cancel, dont. Sell it to me instead! Hahaha. I laugh but I'm serious. I can't to get my hands on one of the special SF4 controller/joysticks! Hahahaha

I'm not surprised, just got an email from amazon that there is a delay for the SE fightstick. Just needed to approve if I still wanted to keep my order. Hopefully I get the second wave which and hope they fixed the issues with the joystick washer.

lol after how many months of waiting, my PS3 TE stick arrived today from compsource for $135 shipped.

so these are slowly trickling in? I think I should put in a preorder somewhere...

Back