I'm done sending stuff to people overseas...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowinghorse

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I sold my signed Kojima-san Play Arts Snake Peace Walker figure to Rock83 here on the forums and sent it to him via USPS EMS (express international) on August 3. It was supposed to get to him within 3-5 business days, which means it should have arrived to him today.

I got a PM from Rock today saying the package for some unknown reason is on its way to the other side of his country (Norway). How this sort of thing happens this day and age I have no idea...

I copied the address he gave me exactly as he sent it to me and I literally asked the postal worker how to fill out the EMS shipping label and form to ensure it was written correctly and everything was done right.

This is the last time I sell and send something to someone overseas.
Sorry overseas collectors, but your postal systems seem not to work...

I've sent stuff internationally dozens and dozens of times. Only had a problem 1 time, and eventually (3 months later), package was returned.

prepurchase your labels through paypal so you can get a confirmed address and print out postage from home, although you will have to buy insurance in person at the post office.

So I sold my signed Kojima-san Play Arts Snake Peace Walker figure to Rock83 here on the forums and sent it to him via USPS EMS (express international) on August 3. It was supposed to get to him within 3-5 business days, which means it should have arrived to him today.

I got a PM from Rock today saying the package for some unknown reason is on its way to the other side of his country (Norway). How this sort of thing happens this day and age I have no idea...

I copied the address he gave me exactly as he sent it to me and I literally asked the postal worker how to fill out the EMS shipping label and form to ensure it was written correctly and everything was done right.

This is the last time I sell and send something to someone overseas.
Sorry overseas collectors, but your postal systems seem not to work...

He still may get it but it will just take a little longer.

I could send a letter to someone in my town and it will go clear to Mansfield before coming back up here. 75 miles out of the way. Takes two days to get something in town.

I appreciate the issues some have faced posting internationally, and can understand the frustrations, but to blanket refuse to post internationally because of the unfortunate on-offs is just, i don't know, sad really.

One of the best things about these boards in my mind is the fact that we have such a diverse group of collectors / fans from across the world. Part of the experience is to be able to buy/sell/trade across borders as well.

Anyway, just a thought.

I have had packages take 3-4 weeks to arrive at destinations in France and Canada, and upwards of 2 weeks to reach destinations in Brazil and Hong Kong. One place I've never had issues with is the UK, though, and I've probably shipped there a hundred times. I can understand the reservations some have, but I'm still willing to ship to many foreign countries so long as the buyers are willing to pay the ridiculous cost of shipping express mail packages.

shipping is tricky sometimes no matter where you send stuff to. Even in the states I have had the post office lost packages and such and have to end up just eat the cost of shipping and the item. But I think overall its still pretty reliable.

I had something sent from San Francisco go to Florida before it came to me in Seattle so you never know.

shipping is tricky sometimes no matter where you send stuff to. Even in the states I have had the post office lost packages and such and have to end up just eat the cost of shipping and the item. But I think overall its still pretty reliable.
Yeah, but the chances are pretty low in domestic shipping. I must have shipped around 1000 packages in the U.S. over the last few years. A couple took awhile to get where they were going (Parcel Post and Media Mail shipments), but I don't recall a single package being lost. I just wish the folks at my USPS store would always scan my shipping labels, though, and to give me a receipt. It seems that when they refuse to do it (some do, some don't), those packages are the ones that end up getting delayed.

He still may get it but it will just take a little longer.

I could send a letter to someone in my town and it will go clear to Mansfield before coming back up here. 75 miles out of the way. Takes two days to get something in town.

Don't you have like an in town drop box?

When I used to live in a small ass town we had an in town and an out of town drop box. Usually in town would get delivered same day or next day.

In addition to ONLY using EMS I also pay the little extra for a signed proof of delivery postcard to be sent back to me - worth the extra bit for peace of mind. :exactly:

the main reason I don't ship out overseas is the higher possibility of breakage. The farther the place is, the likelyhood of damage to the package is higher.

Breakage is a very real possibility but what stops me from shipping out of the country is customs and dimensional weight. I sold 4 PFs to the same collector, went to FedEx got the quote and shipped them off, only to find a bill for almost $200 more due to the difference in the weight I was quoted at the actual FedEx store to the dimensional weight, no matter how hard I argued I ended up footing that bill taking a nice chunk of my profits. Then there was the customs tag on a different sale which was outrageous. In the states for me only now.

I had something sent from San Francisco go to Florida before it came to me in Seattle so you never know.
Just kinda depends where the hub is. Like when I traveled from Oregon to Chicago they sent me down to Texas first. Same deal with sending things.

I've only shipped overseas a couple times but I've had good luck so far.

It's nothing personal against any of the overseas collectors, it's against the shipping system and postal service, who can't seem to get their stuff straight when it comes to getting stuff from point A (being me) and point B (being the buyer overseas).

This is the third time I've had an issue out of maybe 8 or 10 packages shipped overseas and, not to sound rude, but none of them have been my fault. When a buyer - especially an overseas buyer - buys something from me and agrees to receive the package via some sort of shipping system (be it UPS, USPS, FedEx, or whoever), THEY are the ones who are - in essence - taking the risk. I can't stand it when a buyer says "the item didn't arrive as described" and I say "that's because it had to travel 3,000 miles to get to you and who knows how well - or poorly - it was treated on the way to your doorstep."

I don't do refunds for mishandling that's not mine nor do I do refunds for not doing insurance...or for valuing something low to save on an overseas' buyer's customs. I think it sucks you have to pay customs fees, but it's not my fault your $200 figure got messed up by customs and you specifically had me declare it valued at $50 and "gift" so you wouldn't have to pay customs fees...

Anyhow - i'm done ranting...and shipping overseas...

Don't you have like an in town drop box?

When I used to live in a small ass town we had an in town and an out of town drop box. Usually in town would get delivered same day or next day.

We haven't had that in ages. I can take it to the window and have it hand cancelled (which is good if you have to have it postmarked by a certain date), but it still has to make the trip to Mansfield. :dunno

I ship overseas alot, but I see alot of stuff sitting in customs for awhile. Eventhough I pay for 3-5 day service it usually takes alot longer.

i havent had any issues sending, but i have to tell you its always a pain in the ass to do so. I really dislike doing it, but there seems to be a higher demand for collectibles internationally leading to more $$$

I think it shows poor judgement to start a thread about a personal sale, as it reflects negatively on both you as a seller and Rock83 as a buyer. To be honest, I have dealt with international sellers for over 3 years without a hitch. If you have had 3 of your last 8 sales go wrong, I would think international buyers should have their reservations about buying from you. Rock83 is a valuable member of the collecting community and in no way should this reflect on him as an international buyer.

I just received a Hot Toys Robocop figure arrive in perfect condition from New Zealand. It took over 3 weeks to arrive by AIR MAIL. Guess what? it arrived in perfect condition. Thank goodness silly threads such as this did not exist until now, as I would not have some of the amazing figures I have in my possession today.

Overall, I guess I wan't to say thank you for making it just a little bit tougher for international collectors to enjoy this great hobby. As if it is not hard enough already.

Last edited:
Back