I'm done sending stuff to people overseas...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was about to send you a PM crowinghorse.Since this thread was started i might as well say it here too.

I called this morning asking why it arrived a whole different place in this country,they didn't know but what they DID tell me was that according to the tracking info it never cleared customs,and now all of a sudden the package was scanned in somewhere else in this country.The dude i was talking with on the phone said he will check it out and i tracked the package after work and now it says it cleared customs in oslo,which is correct.
So why this package was registered somewhere else,i have NO IDEA because it hadnt even cleared customs :cuckoo:

it's here tomorrow or Friday,thanks Crowinghorse :D

Last edited:
:yess::clap:clap:clap:goodpost:

Was about to send you a PM crowinghorse.Since this thread was started i might as well say it here too.

I called this morning asking why it arrived a whole different place in this country,they didn't know but what they DID tell me was that according to the tracking info it never cleared customs,and now all of a sudden the package was scanned in somewhere else in this country.The dude i was talking with on the phone said he will check it out and i tracked the package after work and now it says it cleared customs in oslo,which is correct.
So why this number was registered somewhere else,i have NO IDEA because it hadnt even cleared customs :cuckoo:

The only person that has scammed me is a U.S. buyer. My international customers are the best.

So why this package was registered somewhere else,i have NO IDEA because it hadnt even cleared customs :cuckoo:

that's screwy :lol

I got this message last night from an ebay buyer in Brazil. I thought it was hilarious and just wanted to share...
The Buyer said:
hello.
i just won this auction and i would like to get the cheaper shipping for my country. USPS FIRST CLASS 16,99. I would like it to have insurance and track number if possible. I am just waiting four the answer and the invoice so i can pay for it ok? If possible, when you ship the item, it would really help to get it as gift under US$ 50,00 (ship and product value) and wraped in gift paper with a small birthday card. it makes almost impossible for me to get taxed in my country. hope everything goes ok. thank you
Wow! Not only does he want the cheapest shipping method but he also wants insurance, tracking, giftwrap, and a birthday card. WTF is this guy on, because I want some. It's not like this was a high dollor item or anything. It's just a McFailing spawn figure from when that company actually produced things worth paying for. But that's a different topic in itself. I seriously don't mind helping someone save on the ass raping that is international shipping, but the guy could have at least offered to cover the gift wrap and birthday card, or am I just being an ass?

i saw that Rock - thx for the note.

As I said before, it's nothing personal to overseas buyers, but the risk as a seller to ship something to an overseas buyer when buyers seem to expect me to guarnetee delivery is ridiculous.

Seriously.

I did a deal with a guy in France and sold him my entire collection of Kaiyodo Fist of the North Star 200x figures. Things were well packaged and shipped in an oversized box. He paid for basic airmail with no insurance and had me declare $50 and "gift" on the customs sheet (so he wouldn't have to pay customs). When the box arrived it was damaged and he complained that it was my fault that the postal service had damaged the box. As he had paid over $200 for the figures, he was p.oed (and I don't blame him) but he essentially filed a complaint with Paypal which cost me $150 as I was only able to get $50 back from the post office since that's what the package's "declared value" was.

It's people like that which ruin my wanting to sell to overseas buyers - simple as that. Plus I can't afford to eat $150 on a deal when it's not my fault...

Glad you got the package - hope you love the figure like I couldn't.

As I said before, it's nothing personal to overseas buyers, but the risk as a seller to ship something to an overseas buyer when buyers seem to expect me to guarnetee delivery is ridiculous.

Seriously.

I did a deal with a guy in France and sold him my entire collection of Kaiyodo Fist of the North Star 200x figures. Things were well packaged and shipped in an oversized box. He paid for basic airmail with no insurance and had me declare $50 and "gift" on the customs sheet (so he wouldn't have to pay customs). When the box arrived it was damaged and he complained that it was my fault that the postal service had damaged the box. As he had paid over $200 for the figures, he was p.oed (and I don't blame him) but he essentially filed a complaint with Paypal which cost me $150 as I was only able to get $50 back from the post office since that's what the package's "declared value" was.

It's people like that which ruin my wanting to sell to overseas buyers - simple as that. Plus I can't afford to eat $150 on a deal when it's not my fault...

Yep! Unless it is a boardie here that I know won't screw me I would have the told the guy nope I cannot do that. It is insured/declared for the full amount and not declared as a gift or else he can cancel his order,

Yep! Unless it is a boardie here that I know won't screw me I would have the told the guy nope I cannot do that. It is insured/declared for the full amount and not declared as a gift or else he can cancel his order,

Technically it's mail fraud to declare a lower value anyway. :dunno

Wow! Not only does he want the cheapest shipping method but he also wants insurance, tracking, giftwrap, and a birthday card. WTF is this guy on, because I want some. It's not like this was a high dollor item or anything. It's just a McFailing spawn figure from when that company actually produced things worth paying for. But that's a different topic in itself. I seriously don't mind helping someone save on the ass raping that is international shipping, but the guy could have at least offered to cover the gift wrap and birthday card, or am I just being an ass?

:cuckoo: that gift wrap will be unwrapped by the time it gets to him/her. You should ask what the buyer wants you to write on the card.

Seriously.

What an idiot,he asked for a lower value so that's all the figures are insured for.I ask all my sellers to declare a lower value as long as they pack it really good so the chances for a damaged figure is tiny,i have done this for many years so i know it will arrive safely.I did the same with the 2 MJ BAD figures i ordered,one of them arrived damaged but i never asked the seller to give me a new one,i asked him to forward the pics i sent him of the figure to Hot Toys,my own fault that i take the risk of asking for a lower value.People paying with paypal don't give a ____ about you as a seller if something happens with their figure,Paypal always help the buyer and if he gives them a story that makes the seller look bad he'll get his money back,ALWAYS!

I now understand why you prefer a Paypal Gift payment

Thanks for the Figure crowinghorse,i will for sure take care of it as MGS is my favourite Game Saga:)

Back