ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
going to rerelease for ps4 in february, i cant wait to play it again. i hope to god it plays flawlessly because the framerate drops were very annoying.

It's not going to be a PS4 remaster, it's a remake. They remade it from scratch.

Oh really? I didnt look too much into it. I got a message on psn when i logged in saying i got free avatars for playing it on ps3 and it would be out for ps4 in february. Thats as far as i knew and i got excited.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yup, it's completely built from the ground up. There's a 60fps option on the Pro as well.

Wish they would release Ico/Shadow remaster on the PS4, never got to play Ico aside from a demo in 2001. Guardian is one of my favourite games of this gen. Shadow is probably the best as it's more open world and a completely different beast all together (no pun intended).

These games aren't for everybody, but they're very unique and memorable.

Anyone preordering the Gaius 18" polystone statue from GameStop.com? $250 with an es of 750. Im thinking about preordering it today. I have the last guardian statue with trico and the little boy (ugh, forgot his name). I got physical copy of sotc preordered, didnt really need the limited edition art book and what else comes in it, a statue is a different story though. I wish i could have an ico statue, maybe f4f will do it, fingers crossed.

I'm currently watching one of my favourite You Tubers "Suzy Lu" play this (episodic) and it looks like a gorgeous game.

Aw, youre ruining it for yourself! If you havent played it part of the fun is figuring out out how to take the colossi down. When/if you play the game you will already know how to beat everything. I guess im one of those people that push this game on others like crack to see how they felt about it. One of the best things about it is the feeling of accomplishment you get from defeating a Colossus. Dunno.

Aw, youre ruining it for yourself! If you havent played it part of the fun is figuring out out how to take the colossi down. When/if you play the game you will already know how to beat everything. I guess im one of those people that push this game on others like crack to see how they felt about it. One of the best things about it is the feeling of accomplishment you get from defeating a Colossus. Dunno.

I totally agree going of what I have watched.
I will add I don't plan on buying the game (much like Monster Hunter) so I have no issue with watching a play through on You Tube. Suzy is great and I enjoy vicariously playing games through her sometimes :lol

If i were planning to buy / play, then I wouldn't go down the Lets Play / Playthrough route for the reasons you have mentioned: Best example - Horizon Zero Dawn / Nier: Automata

Seriously man, DON’T watch playtroughs on YouTube, especially games that rely greatly on atmosphere/story like this one. I remember my friend watching the entirety of Uncharted 4 on YT, and felt like crap when he finally got a PS4. Don’t cheat yourself of an experience!

lol reminds me of when Tombraider first came out. I found a level skip cheat and went through watching all the beautiful cg- cg was pretty new back then. To my discovery it made it really difficult to play the rest of the game :horror

I never had the chance to play this when it came out (college) and I can't wait to get it. I'm new to this game (and it's type), never even got around playing ICO.

I'm not watching anything and will figure this out myself!

Nice man, you wont regret it. Just to tell you without spoiling anything, theres nothing to fight other than the colossi. Every colossus has a journey through beautiful scenery to get to them. Thats the game as a whole. Sounds like itd be boring, but its awesome. If youre looking for nonstop action this game isnt for you. Theres no grinding, side missions, or things to collect. Kill colossi and build your grip. Oh yeah, and you ride a horse most of the game.

Nice man, you wont regret it. Just to tell you without spoiling anything, theres nothing to fight other than the colossi. Every colossus has a journey through beautiful scenery to get to them. Thats the game as a whole. Sounds like itd be boring, but its awesome. If youre looking for nonstop action this game isnt for you. Theres no grinding, side missions, or things to collect. Kill colossi and build your grip. Oh yeah, and you ride a horse most of the game.

There is though...but it's pretty nonessential. The original had little lizards running around, if you killed them you get their tails and it boosts your stamina a bit.

They added something new to the remake as well. There's little coins hidden throughout the world. What they actually do is still a mystery though.

Lizard tails build grip. Its faster to keep beating the colossi to do that, 4 lizard tails equal 1 colossus. Its a pain in the ass to find the little lizards.

Cool to know. Sounds up my alley, thx!

Hey everyone, glad to have found a forum relating to SotC! This is my absolute favorite game, and the remake is so much fun to play through. The updated graphics and environments make it feel like a new game. How is everyone enjoying it?
Anyone preordering the Gaius 18" polystone statue from GameStop.com? $250 with an es of 750. Im thinking about preordering it today. I have the last guardian statue with trico and the little boy (ugh, forgot his name). I got physical copy of sotc preordered, didnt really need the limited edition art book and what else comes in it, a statue is a different story though. I wish i could have an ico statue, maybe f4f will do it, fingers crossed.

I preordered it, I was hesitant with the price but I couldn't pass it up. There is such little merch for Shadow that I feel like I have to pick everything up that I can hahah. I'm trying to get a hold of the Valus collectors statue from the EU version of the remake but haven't had any luck (the eBay prices are ridiculous). Here's what I have so far for my Shadow merch, wish I had a lot more though! I'd kill for an articulated Wander figure
18654513424478b0f1705f69aa8ebf45.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cool stuff, been looking on ebay for those statues but i agree stuff is too expensive. I have the gamestop statue preordered thats coming out in may of gaius. Just beat the game for ps4 like a 1/2 hr ago.

Is the soundtrack in the remake the exact one as before? I don't want any new re-arrangements or remixes. Just copy paste the exact same tracks from the original and I'll buy it.

I have yet to pick up the remake but I'm very eager to play it.

I can fondly recall buying the original game at launch in October of 2005. I had never played Ico before and I bought Shadow on a whim (alongside Batman Begins on DVD). I'd never experienced anything like it and haven't to this day. It paved the way for that level of artistic expression in video games.

Also, if anyone's interested, iam8bit is releasing Shadow's soundtrack on vinyl. It's one of my favourite game soundtracks so I'll be pre-ordering soon.

I have yet to pick up the remake but I'm very eager to play it.

I can fondly recall buying the original game at launch in October of 2005. I had never played Ico before and I bought Shadow on a whim (alongside Batman Begins on DVD). I'd never experienced anything like it and haven't to this day. It paved the way for that level of artistic expression in video games.

Also, if anyone's interested, iam8bit is releasing Shadow's soundtrack on vinyl. It's one of my favourite game soundtracks so I'll be pre-ordering soon.

That's awesome! I was at Videogames Live once where they performed the score live, it was genuinely beyond moving.

Back