ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My PS2 died before SoTC ever released so I never got a chance to play it. Now I can't wait, but good/bad news is that I'm going on vacation tomorrow for a week. But!!! it will be here for me when I get home next Tuesday.

Okay, so I'm playing SOTC for the first time and I'm on the first Collossi. Without spoiling the game, is there a trick to killing this thing? I used the O button to see weak points and it seems to be only showing the 2 that I know of.

Can someone give me a hint to get me started? Please no big spoilers, just some tips.

Never played ICO, but i think SOTC is probably the best game i ever played! ..i will play trough Shadow once again in all it's hd glory and then i will give ICO a go!:D

Definitely SOTC is one of my favourite games. I just received the Japanese Limited Box on Monday and have already clocked almost 10 hours into SOTC alone. :yess:
Years later, the game is still amazing, and is probably my favourite PS3 game right now... hah. I think The Last Guardian is going to make me weep because it will be so amazing.
One of the things I love about Team Ico's games besides the atmosphere is their emphasis on animation. Love the way all the characters and creatures move with all the little secondary animations and such, never have I seen an in-game horse as real as Agro. :)

Okay, so I'm playing SOTC for the first time and I'm on the first Collossi. Without spoiling the game, is there a trick to killing this thing? I used the O button to see weak points and it seems to be only showing the 2 that I know of.

Can someone give me a hint to get me started? Please no big spoilers, just some tips.

Those are the only two on that one. Stab the first one until it stops glowing, then make your way up to the next and do the same. Use charged stabs by holding square until your controller shakes for more damage.

Beat the first 2 Colossi last night. Man, this game is fun when you actually know what you are doing. :)

wait till you get to the last one, its the best one but not that hard to beat. i got this one yesterday and am on the first one but the vistas are breathtaking this is definately one of my favorite games of all time got it when it came out on ps2 and am glad it was released on ps3.

Beat the first 2 Colossi last night. Man, this game is fun when you actually know what you are doing. :)

Make sure you visit every prayer shrine you come across and get the white-tailed lizards there.

And check every tree for fruit.

I think I'm going to take advantage of the Amazon deal and order this and GOW Origins Collection.

Been playing Ico for a few hours now (thought id beat it first before SOTC)

ive gotta say, its a fun puzzler but its not as good as its hyped up to be imo. hopefully SOTC won't dissapoint

Shadow of the Colossus is one of the greatest games I've ever played. You won't be disappointed.

Shadow of the Colossus is one of the greatest games I've ever played. You won't be disappointed.

The colossi battles were incredibly unique - the way the that developers incorporated puzzle-based strategy, into the action sequences was a stroke of genius, in my opinion. Plus, the landscape in that game was simply breath-taking. I would spend hours just riding around on the horse to look at all of the scenery.

On another note.. I'm still waiting for The Last Guardian... :monkey2

Just finished Ico, i came to really enjoy it at th end. I love how the story is quite mysterious. very cool

started playing SOTC took down two collossai and man im hooked. freakin epic!

Does anyone know if there was an art book for ICO ?

theres an artbook/strategy guide for SOTC and the same for Ico but not much artwok its more on the strategy guide side of things

Decided I'm going to wait on getting this one. I went to Best Buy yesterday to take advantage of the $24.99 deal, but they were all sold out and for some reason they wouldn't give me that price in a raincheck. So I bought God of War Origins collection and left. Probably won't go back to Best Buy anymore because of this.

going to rerelease for ps4 in february, i cant wait to play it again. i hope to god it plays flawlessly because the framerate drops were very annoying.

going to rerelease for ps4 in february, i cant wait to play it again. i hope to god it plays flawlessly because the framerate drops were very annoying.

Have you played the PS3 remaster, Jason?

As for framerate drops, you'd be damn well sure it will happen on a standard PS4, just like The Last Guardian. Most new releases seem to target a locked 30fps on the Pro unfortunately.

Back