I survived a hot air balloon crash!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it was a bit scary but its not really a crash since hard landings do happen a lot. Just be glad you did hit power lines. I lived in NM for 27 years and saw a lot of real crashes during the ballon fiesta every year. I agree with creecher in that he MAY have been playing with you guys a little. But glad you walked away ok.

I'm sure it was a bit scary but its not really a crash since hard landings do happen a lot. Just be glad you did hit power lines. I lived in NM for 27 years and saw a lot of real crashes during the ballon fiesta every year. I agree with creecher in that he MAY have been playing with you guys a little. But glad you walked away ok.

Out of 25 or so trailers he was the only one that actually bothered to unpack the balloon...so he was a bit of a daredevil, but he was confident and I never felt like he was out of control. I'm sure there are often hard landings, but I felt I could have very easily broke an arm if I didn't react quickly.

Out of 25 or so trailers he was the only one that actually bothered to unpack the ballon...so he was a bit of a daredevil, but he was confident and I never felt like he was out of control. I'm sure there are often hard landings, but I felt I could have very easily broke an arm if I didn't react quickly.

Well at least you have a hell of a story to tell. If he was the only one then maybe it was too bad weather wise to go out but I guess in the end you are ok and thats what matters. Heck I have only been in a teathered one so I don't even know personaly what a "hard" landing would be. :)

i'm glad it happened for sure considering the wife is safe and all. it was a lot of fun overall.

29up_600.jpg

Hey, I watched that story already... You left out the talking dog though. :D

(seriously-- glad you're both OK and that you can laugh about it now)

Anytime in life you have to do what they always shout in movies: "Just hang on!", you had an adventure. I think Luke told R2 to 'just hang on' like about a million times, but you really had to do it! Adrenaline stains are great too.

The first thing I thought of to relate, one of my own 'just hang on' moments, was a winter car crash on a two lane country highway. I was driving an old black Mustang Cobra II and I hit a patch of ice which sent my car into a spin. So I didn't have anything else to do but just hang the ef on while it figure skated. Eventually it's back end got close enough to the edge of the road and hit a tree and spun me twice back the other way until I settled into a ditch on the shoulder. I had to just get my guitar out and walk to the nearest house which was great because in the country your side yards are like 3 mile wide.

Anybody else got a 'just hang on' moment?

Sexually?

Masturbatorally?

I've been on a balloon ride once. Flying along is easy. The scariest part was when they untie the thing. They had us sit on the basket with one leg in and one leg out (don't ask me why they didn't want us all the way in). They untie it, and the pilot (all the way in, BTW) shouts, 'jump in!.' Well, the basket is high enough that your foot on the inside isn't touching the floor. You have to lift yourself up on your arms and reach for the floor while balancing on a 2" wicker basket. Oh yeah, like Prog says, the balloon is going up like a rocket. You're trying to get in, and you look at the ground disappearing and it was little freaky.

Flying is pretty relaxing. The balloon travels at the same speed as the wind so it is very quiet and calm. The top of the basket is higher than your waist so you don't feel like you might fall out.

Back