I hate fedex(rant plus request for advice)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesparrow

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know some of you swear by them but here they are easily the most inept delivery service imaginable. I've been waiting for my Endor Troopers bundle for some time, watching the tracking page, and since last tuesday it's been in limbo at the "local fedex facility."

There has not been ONE attempt at delivery since then, and fed up I complained online, which so far has only shown that ineptitude is company wide. After getting a runaround through the corporate email for the past several days, someone from the local fedex facility called asking what the contents of the package was.

I asked why, and was told that sometimes if the label comes off, they have to search the contents of the packages to discover what's what. I asked if that's what happened to mine, and they said they didn't know. Wtf? "Oh, it's just possible." WHY don't they know where my package is? How can they be completely unaware?! I told them but I'm not hopeful. I'm really starting to think I just lost about $200 because of this crummy shipping company.

This is just the latest in a number of problems with the local fedex, the main one being in the past that they cannot locate my house, which is ridiculous, anyone with access to mapquest can find it, or google maps, or a paper map. I have never once had a problem with UPS. Invariably I have to end up going to fedex's facility to pick up my packages myself, which sort of negates the whole point of paying for shipping.

So does anyone with prior fedex experience have advice on what I should do? Does anyone know if Sideshow will submit to a request to never use fedex on my account ever again?

bluesparrow said:
I know some of you swear by them but here they are easily the most inept delivery service imaginable. I've been waiting for my Endor Troopers bundle for some time, watching the tracking page, and since last tuesday it's been in limbo at the "local fedex facility."

There has not been ONE attempt at delivery since then, and fed up I complained online, which so far has only shown that ineptitude is company wide. After getting a runaround through the corporate email for the past several days, someone from the local fedex facility called asking what the contents of the package was.

I asked why, and was told that sometimes if the label comes off, they have to search the contents of the packages to discover what's what. I asked if that's what happened to mine, and they said they didn't know. Wtf? "Oh, it's just possible." WHY don't they know where my package is? How can they be completely unaware?! I told them but I'm not hopeful. I'm really starting to think I just lost about $200 because of this crummy shipping company.

This is just the latest in a number of problems with the local fedex, the main one being in the past that they cannot locate my house, which is ridiculous, anyone with access to mapquest can find it, or google maps, or a paper map. I have never once had a problem with UPS. Invariably I have to end up going to fedex's facility to pick up my packages myself, which sort of negates the whole point of paying for shipping.

So does anyone with prior fedex experience have advice on what I should do? Does anyone know if Sideshow will submit to a request to never use fedex on my account ever again?

First, if they don't find the package, Sideshow will be able to send you a replacement, since it was never delivered to you.

Second, yes, you can request which shipper you would like to use and they will put a note in your account.

I would contact Sideshow customer service and explain the situation, and they will be able to help you. :duff

bluesparrow said:
Thanks for the advice.

No problem! I would always check with Sideshow first whenever you have an issue; they are very friendly and helpful and should be able to help sort out the issue.

I had Sideshow change me to UPS too after I got tired of all the screw ups Fed Ex dealt me. Unfortunately, you are at their mercy, all of mine worked out in the end, but I was on the phone and I stayed on their ass. When I didn't feel I was getting good enough answers from someone I asked for their supervisor. I felt horrible having to do that and having a chip on my shoulder when I called, but it seemed to be the only way to get anything resolved. Hopefully Sideshow will be able to get all this cleared up for you.

Dude Fed-Ex SUCKS!

I have never once had a good experience with them.....I was waiting one time for them to delivery my exhaust for my car.....they claimed to attempt delivery 3 times, when those 3 days they lied about attempting, I literally waiting at the door with the door open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm waiting for it to come....never did. Tried to have them hold at the warehouse but they f'ed up.....whatever eventually I got my package almost 2 weeks after it arrived in my area.....stupid waste of time...

Also I have had very similar problems with other packages of normal size.

Also this isn't just something that citizens have a problem with, but not sure if any of you remember but when the video game Gears of War was due out. All Gamestop/EB stores including the east coast was suppose to have their shipment of the game in on Tuesday the 7th of November 2006 (at the latest) in time for the release (which was Tuesday the 7th).....well the fed-ex warehouse in Kentucky or Tennessee (don't remember) was in charge of all the shipments of video games for Gamestop/EB for at least 80% of the east coast....lets just say those shipments did not reach the east coast till Thursday the 9th of November (a lot of angry customers at Gamestop too, including me). Because of fed-ex's retardedness.....Gamestop/EB canceled all pending shipments with them immediately nationwide and eventually their contract. Gamestop/EB got rid of fed-ex as their primary shipper to stores and hired UPS as their one and only (DHL sometimes)......

This just shows that Fed-Ex really has an issue not just on citizens but a friggin corporate business......

I actually use both Fedex and UPS many times a week for work. They all have issues. Some sort facilityies are better then others. Labels come off sometimes and they get put aside. They cant do anything at that point they have no idea where its from where its going anything without that label. They were able to scan it as it came in off the truck but then something happened.

Sorry guys every delivery service has issues they simply handle to many peices a day. I know when its yours it bad but I would say that they have no issues with 95% probally closer to 99% of the packages they handle.

mfoga said:
Sorry guys every delivery service has issues they simply handle to many peices a day. I know when its yours it bad but I would say that they have no issues with 95% probally closer to 99% of the packages they handle.
I know, but seriously I've never had a problem with UPS and I get alot more through them and I've had trouble with 60% or so of my shipments from Fed Ex. On the other hand I know there are people on the board who have the exact same situation, just with the companies switched. Weird.

I recently had a problem with FedEx and was advised by SSC customer service to tell them the problem rather than dealing with FedEx. I had called Fedex first and was practically accused of lying. But SSC sorted it out, I don't know if they got the originally shipped item back, but I did get my replacement in a timely manner. FedEx has a lot more reason to jump when SSc barks rather than just a random customer.

The only problems I've ever had (knocks on wood) with either Fed Ex or UPS is being delayed a day in delivery from their original estimate. Maybe because my mom worked at UPS for a while we got put on the "do not lose" list or something :lol

Seriously though I just must be plan lucky. Definately work through Sideshow, they actually care. They'll fix the problem. :D

mfoga said:
I actually use both Fedex and UPS many times a week for work. They all have issues. Some sort facilityies are better then others. Labels come off sometimes and they get put aside. They cant do anything at that point they have no idea where its from where its going anything without that label. They were able to scan it as it came in off the truck but then something happened.

So very true. I work for a well known shipping company, and you have to see it to believe it. Thousands of packages running through a sort hub in a span of a few hours. All running through miles of conveyer belts, slides, automated sorting machines, etc.

I've seen it all, damaged/open packages, items missing their shipping box entirely.

I would say a good portion of the damaged packages that I see are because of poor packing, not including large oversized, or heavy packages. Lost packages would be most likely due to the label coming off, or it has been misplaced in the facility entirely.

One simple solution to help with lost packages is to include a list of items/and address imformation inside the package, and to tape the label outside with plenty of clear packing tape.

Yes, my friends, FedEx does indeed suck. They lost (or should I type it as "lost", envision me making those little rabbit ear motions with my fingers) one of the Silver Screen Ardeth Bey busts that Sideshow shipped to me. I'm sure most if not all of you have some idea of how freakin' BIG this box is. It, too, kept languishing in some FedEx facility. After several calls to FedEx and then a call to Sideshow in exasperation, one of Sideshow's lovely customer service folks was able to ship me the LAST SS Ardeth Bey bust, and I was assured it would make it to me. Given that there were only 15 of these fabulous busts made, it makes me sad to think that FedEx managed to lose one of them.

I always (ALWAYS!) call FedEx Home Delivery when I get one of those tags on my door that I have a delivery, and I tell them to hold my package and I will pick it up. (I managed to get the local number to my FedEx Home Delivery station, so I don't have to deal with that maddening 'nationwide' toll free number crap.) I don't try to be home for a delivery, because that would mean taking an entire day off from work, which ain't gonna happen. My only lucky break is that the FedEx Home Delivery station is a mere 2 miles from my office and I can run over there during lunch for pickups. If that weren't the case, I'd probably have more 'missing' shipments than I do.

I've never ever ever had a problem with UPS. Ever. I'm not saying UPS never has problems. All's I'm saying is that I did the math, and for me, FedEx sucks and UPS rocks! :monkey3

I've been happy with the Fed-Ex treatment I've been getting here North of the Border...

I was given the direct line for someone at the tracking office and she's always been more than helpful... I'm also almost on a first name basis with the lady who delivers.

Wait a sec-- I keep dealing with ladies... I'm using my Lando magic:D that's why it's a smooth ride. Hope the missus doesn't catch on.

Just called sideshow and asked for all my outstanding pre-orders to be shipped via UPS. The lady also said she would make a note in my account (that will be seen upon processing by the processing department) for future orders to be shipped via UPS....

While she was looking up my info she says, "You've had problems with Fed-Ex?" and I said yes of course...and she said she doesn't like em much either...she said when sideshow themselves contacts them about something that Fed-Ex gives a BS answer or always changes their story and other random stuff.....well anyways, it's good to know all my future sideshow orders will come via UPS :)

Thats the one thing I love about sideshow, their excellent customer service and their people that answer the phone, very very nice.

NightCreeper said:
Thats the one thing I love about sideshow, their excellent customer service and their people that answer the phone, very very nice.

You must have talked with Aimee. :love Not that the rest of the gals aren't incredible too. :ccheerlea

I have always has great experiences with FedEx. Maybe they run better service here in Australia. My only two issues with them are the postage costs, and 9 out of 10 times they don't give a courtesy call in the morning to say the package is being delivered. I track it online so I always know, but if I was someone who didn't do that I wouldn't be expecting it and miss it. Most of the time I'm at work so I ask them to hold it for me since the depo is about 5 mins from my work.

An update: Well I took the kind advice above and called Sideshow last week, and Lottie from customer service helped me out, and changed my shipping preference to UPS. Today I got an email from Shannon the warehouse supervisor telling me they were shipping me a replacement set.

What a great company! Thanks again for the advice everyone!

Back