I hate fedex(rant plus request for advice)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tinister said:
Fed-EX used to be so good in the 90s. Don't know what happened to them.

If memory serves, FedEx subcontracts its at home delivery. If you're getting overnight or something, you're likely to have it delivered by someone in an Enterprise truck as a FedEx truck.

I usually have things delivered to my parents' house. They tend to be home since they are retired, and I hate having to visit depos. I ordered a pair of Nikes once. FedEx claimed they were delivered. They left a note on the side door saying "Shoes by front door." So, my folks check the bushes. Nothing. I check the bushes. Nothing. So then, I contact the shoe company to tell them I don't have my shoes.

Two days later, I'm in the grocery store. My mom calls me. Seems that the Fed Ex man *hid* the shoes behind the garbage cans. It had rained since the delivery date, so I was worried my shoes were ruined. Luckilly, the shoe store double-boxed them, so everything was fine. The FedEx driver came by to talk to my dad about the delivery. He assumed the side door was the front door. Even though the front door has the address on it.

So whenever possible, I select UPS/DHL.

my experience has been the opposite. i've had alot of problems with ups in the past and not so with federal express. reading about all of you and your fedex problems makes me wonder about any of them. i have found the us post office is pretty consistent and i would also love to give dhl a try.

Seems much of the delivery issues depend on the guys who service your route...from any company. I've got great folks servicing mine, even when the regular drivers are on vacation. But, how they're handled at the relay stations is another matter. I expect some dings and minor crush marks on the shipping boxes...let's face it, they're processing thousands of boxes with very short timelines so I'm relatively forgiving. But I've had 2 deliveries that I considered unacceptable and they were both UPS.

DHL.....nope - not ever will I use them again. Once was enough.

Well, just based on the tracking info, the larger Fedex system wasn't at fault, because the package got to the local FedEx office. It's the local FedEx office here that's inept.

However, the "local FedEx office" has been inept at the last two places I lived as well(Los Angeles,CA and Buffalo,NY), so I think there's some sort of problem there at the corporate level, if they're letting these problems by so frequently.

I prefer USPS usually because the postal service in this area is excellent, but I've had trouble with other USPS offices elsewhere. UPS on the other hand has been consistently good for me everywhere I've lived. Of course some people have problems with them as well in other areas.

Back