I bought a pf hulk on ebay on the 11th and i just discovered a huge paint flaw.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last edited:
Yeah, definitely look into getting your cash back.

And next time, make sure to get real pictures. If he could open it up to make sure there were no flaws, he could do it again to snap a few pics. No real pics always make me suspicious.

P1010568.jpg

P1010567.jpg

there wouldn't be anyway to fix it would there , i really didnt want to go through the trouble of a return....:(

It was painted over i tried to clean it and the paint flaked away .also the bottom of the base was ripped but i didn't really care(

What do you mean? Do you have pics of the damage? How did you try to clean it, what was used? How was the base ripped? it's polystone after all.

Edit: see you got pics up, wow, that's a tough one. It's up to you to decide to pursue a full refund, or possibly work out a partial refund because of how it looks. It may have been like that from factory or seller may have tried to touch it up. Was it noticeable before you tried to clean it?

Never taken out of box, mint in box, it's all BS....those descriptions on eBay worry me more than the people who are honest enough to say the piece has been displayed.

That is the worst touch up I have ever seen, send it back for a full refund.

What do you mean? Do you have pics of the damage? How did you try to clean it, what was used? How was the base ripped? it's polystone after all.

Edit: see you got pics up, wow, that's a tough one. It's up to you to decide to pursue a full refund, or possibly work out a partial refund because of how it looks. It may have been like that from factory or seller may have tried to touch it up. Was it noticeable before you tried to clean it?

yes but not as much

and the part of the base that was ripped was the plastic thing glued to the polystone that they write the edition size on.

Last edited:
man that sucks.

was the QC tape seal around the polystyrene cracked when you received the statue, or was it intact? that would be a good indication if it was new or not.

To be fair, I had a paint flaw with my grey Hulk from SS, but mine just had paint flakes, whereas yours does look like t's been filled in.

good luck with the Paypal cliam

You should be good to get a return through paypal. He clearly states: The Statue is free of any flaw, defect, or damage of any kind.

That is a huge flaw to miss if you say you inspected it for damage. Make sure you save all the emails back and forth. You will most likely have to pay shipping back to him though.

-Mike

Yeah, I'd just take a full refund. You're going to have a hard time selling this if you ever decide to down the road. I know I def wouldn't want to pay anything over retail for this type of flaw. Actually, I wouldn't buy it at all. That's pretty bad IMO. Ole your claim and keep us posted on your progress :)

Never taken out of box, mint in box, it's all BS....those descriptions on eBay worry me more than the people who are honest enough to say the piece has been displayed.

That is the worst touch up I have ever seen, send it back for a full refund.

:lecture I'd almost rather buy something that says it's been displayed than someone saying "taken out only for inspection". Realistically, you can never tell if the piece has REALLY been on display. It's just an item that SITS on display. It's not like it's a set of tires where you can OBVIOUSLY notice if they've been used. All people have to do is wipe away any dust and label it "new" :mad: I just had this issue with a buyer of a SW 1/6 figure... I CLEARLY labeled my auction "displayed in a smoke-free home and in mint condition".... That obviously states that it's used but in great condition. However the buyer assumed MINT meant BRAND NEW..... :nono

If the auction said it was SEALED and you received it actually SEALED, then it is your fault for not making him open it. You should not try to get your money back since he did nothing wrong.

Now, if it said it was sealed but when you received it and it was NOT FACTORY sealed, then demand a refund.

If the auction said it was SEALED and you received it actually SEALED, then it is your fault for not making him open it. You should not try to get your money back since he did nothing wrong.

Now, if it said it was sealed but when you received it and it was NOT FACTORY sealed, then demand a refund.

The auction states quite clearly:

This item has been removed from its original shipping container only to check its condition. It has never been displayed. The Statue is free of any flaw, defect, or damage of any kind.

He deserves a full refund after shipping the statue back.

The auction listing didn't say anything about it being sealed, just that there weren't any issues with it. It's a tough call. He may be telling the truth, and it's possible the paint was going to chip eventually unbeknownst to the seller.

Leave it up to Paypal, but don't expect any particular outcome one way or the other. I've gotten f'd as both a buyer and a seller. If you paid with a credit card, you might have to dispute the charge.

Back