I bought a pf hulk on ebay on the 11th and i just discovered a huge paint flaw.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1010568.jpg

P1010567.jpg

there wouldn't be anyway to fix it would there , i really didnt want to go through the trouble of a return....:(

Yu could get it fixed. Their are some painters over at statueforums that can fix it for, at a price that is:naughty. Should not be much since it is that little spot.

The auction listing didn't say anything about it being sealed, just that there weren't any issues with it. It's a tough call. He may be telling the truth, and it's possible the paint was going to chip eventually unbeknownst to the seller.

Oops nevermind. If it was repainted I'd simply return it and dispute through Paypal and your ccc.

You may be better messaging them first and then send pics of the damge, then if no response file it with paypal and escalate it to a claim immediately.
If I were you I would definately file for a refund through paypal if you have no response from the seller, if anyone had opened and inspected that, they would have seen that blemish easily so either it has not been opened and checked, or it has and he's trying to pull a fast one.
Hope it all works out for the best for you
:duff
x :peace

to bad you said you cleaned it. they could you damaged it with cleaning solvent.

Yeah, never want to use any liquids on these. I wouldn't even recommend water. the paints rubs off. Just air and a soft, dry rag if necessary. If you don't believe me, wet a rag and rub it aginst the polystone, then look at the rag, you will see whatever color you just wiped. At least that was the case on the one piece I did one swipe on.

Yeah, never want to use any liquids on these. I wouldn't even recommend water. the paints rubs off. Just air and a soft, dry rag if necessary. If you don't believe me, wet a rag and rub it aginst the polystone, then look at the rag, you will see whatever color you just wiped. At least that was the case on the one piece I did one swipe on.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Sure hope it works out for ya.'

Good luck with it!

Never taken out of box, mint in box, it's all BS....those descriptions on eBay worry me more than the people who are honest enough to say the piece has been displayed.

That is the worst touch up I have ever seen, send it back for a full refund.

Amen. Because its all lies anyway. Very seldomly does someone buy something and not remove it from the box. Especially if they purchase it specifically to sell /flip later. This "never removed form box except for pics" line is as old as some of the pick up lines you hear. Equate them with "Haven't I seen you somewhere before?" or "Don't I know you from someplace?" Steaming pile of freshly laid defication is what it is.

There is a guy in the Horror section who just paid $2000 for an Ardeth Bey 1:1 bust. It was advertised as "never been displayed". Except when it came time to ship it the guy said he didn't have the box!!!:horror

Talk about getting caught in a lie. If they'll lie about one thing, they'll lie about another. I feel sorry for the guy who paid $700+ clams for a severely damaged Hulk.

It amazes me that people treat these things so poorly and think nothing of it though. That obvious attempt at fixing it is ridiculous. :sick

I WOULD FILE A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL AND GET A GOOD ONE FROM A REPUTABLE DEALER!!!

This is one reason when I pay for a big ticket item like this, that I pay with credit card, and ask for pics if it's not shown. Paypal somehow favors the seller because they get their commission that way. I haven't seen a paypal claim I filed where I won. I always just bypass Paypal and file the claim with my credit card company instead.

This is one reason when I pay for a big ticket item like this, that I pay with credit card, and ask for pics if it's not shown. Paypal somehow favors the seller because they get their commission that way. I haven't seen a paypal claim I filed where I won. I always just bypass Paypal and file the claim with my credit card company instead.

EXACTLY

let them try and explain it to the banks!!!!!!!!

I find it interesting how everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the seller was responsible for the repaint, and deliberately tried to con clockwork463.

If the repair was good enough that clockwork463 wasn't bothered by it until it flaked off, maybe the seller didn't notice it either. Sure, it's probably easier to get out the torches and pitchforks, but this is getting ridiculous.

clockwork463,

My take on it is that you should contact the seller, and see if you can work something out. Unfortunately, at this point it will be your word against his, and I don't know of any way to prove one way or the other who should be held more accountable for the damage, or whether it may even be the result of some shoddy paint repair at the factory (which has happened to me before).

It will be difficult to build a case with Paypal at this point, since you've already left positive feedback for the seller (implying that you felt that the piece was satisfactory when you received it), but it may still be worth a try.

But, if it were me, I'd probably first check into getting it fixed. Maybe the cost of that will be less, overall, than the headache of pursuing a claim.

Let me know what happens...I wouldnt mind it that much if I can get this at a discount.

I find it interesting how everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the seller was responsible for the repaint, and deliberately tried to con clockwork463.

If the repair was good enough that clockwork463 wasn't bothered by it until it flaked off, maybe the seller didn't notice it either. Sure, it's probably easier to get out the torches and pitchforks, but this is getting ridiculous.

clockwork463,

My take on it is that you should contact the seller, and see if you can work something out. Unfortunately, at this point it will be your word against his, and I don't know of any way to prove one way or the other who should be held more accountable for the damage, or whether it may even be the result of some shoddy paint repair at the factory (which has happened to me before).

It will be difficult to build a case with Paypal at this point, since you've already left positive feedback for the seller (implying that you felt that the piece was satisfactory when you received it), but it may still be worth a try.

But, if it were me, I'd probably first check into getting it fixed. Maybe the cost of that will be less, overall, than the headache of pursuing a claim.

I've tried to contact the seller and he immediately assumed i was trying to con him , im pretty sure it was a factory touch up but since he didn't list in the auction that it had been touched up he's at fault , but yeah since i noticed the paint over so late i really doubt i'm going to get a refund through them , ill have to go through my credit card and see what happens then either look into getting it fixed locally or sell the statue back through ebay listed with the flaws.............what a big waste of time:banghead.....

edit.

i really wish i had any knowledge in painting then i could just fix the darn thing.....

Last edited:
Dude....PM DA....ask him or PM ickwinz...Rick and Josh are ^^^^in talented bro...see how much they want to fix it and then ask the seller to reimburse that....the rest of the statue is mint..right?...thats what I would do....good luck man

Dude....PM DA....ask him or PM ickwinz...Rick and Josh are ^^^^in talented bro...see how much they want to fix it and then ask the seller to reimburse that....the rest of the statue is mint..right?...thats what I would do....good luck man
at this point the seller is never going to pay for the fix , But im going to try and find a local painter so i wont have to pay 150 - 200 dollars in shipping fees if i cant though i will contact them.

anyone know any painters in ca , 92211? lol...........:banghead

I've tried to contact the seller and he immediately assumed i was trying to con him , im pretty sure it was a factory touch up but since he didn't list in the auction that it had been touched up he's at fault , but yeah since i noticed the paint over so late i really doubt i'm going to get a refund through them , ill have to go through my credit card and see what happens then either look into getting it fixed locally or sell the statue back through ebay listed with the flaws.............what a big waste of time:banghead.....

edit.

i really wish i had any knowledge in painting then i could just fix the darn thing.....

A local artist might be the best option, but then, maybe one of the talented people here on the forum might have compassion for your situation, and charge less than a local artist would, even when you factor in shipping. It's not like it would be a really difficult job for one of them. :monkey3

:D

A local artist might be the best option, but then, maybe one of the talented people here on the forum might have compassion for your situation, and charge less than a local artist would, even when you factor in shipping. It's not like it would be a really difficult job for one of them. :monkey3

:D

or maybe i should learn to paint......:duh

Back