I Am Legend - BIG HONKIN' SPOILERS!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

KurJen - Kurgan Mod
Reaction score
Sorry if there was a thread about this already, but I couldn't find one. Just got back from watching this and I was really blown away. I read some mediocre reviews so my expectations weren't that high, but I thought it was very, very well done. Will Smith did a very nice job, was totally believable, the dog was adorable and those zombie type people were creepy as all hell. Their speed and cunningness really caught me off guard. They were smart! Or alteast the main one was....and he was so damn creepy. I thoroughly enjoyed myself during this movie and think I may even need to see it again. Great effects, interesting story.....I give this movie an 8.75 out of 10. For all you action/sci-fi/horror fans out there, I highly recommend this movie. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I Am Legend

I am with you there, definitely will have to see this again. I loved how he knew all the words to Shrek and how scary the Zombie Vampires were, they looked like they were something out of Resident Evil the video game.

I think between this, The Last Man On Earth and The Omega Man, I Am Legend is the most accurate version of the novel on film. You really felt sorry for him after what happened to Sam.

you read my mind jen!! just saw it today and it was good. but my expectations for TDK trailer was blown away.

I am with you there, definitely will have to see this again. I loved how he knew all the words to Shrek and how scary the Zombie Vampires were, they looked like they were something out of Resident Evil the video game.

I think between this, The Last Man On Earth and The Omega Man, I Am Legend is the most accurate version of the novel on film. You really felt sorry for him after what happened to Sam.

I haven't read the book, but now I'm going to. I was so bummed about Sam....so bummed. At the beginning of the movie I was thinking to myself if anything happened to Sam...I was going to be pissed....ended up breaking my heart....and Smith really showed some good emotion....I thought his performance was very realistic and touching.

I agree!

It's a good movie and the reviews don't do it justice at all.
I might go see it again too! :D

you read my mind jen!! just saw it today and it was good. but my expectations for TDK trailer was blown away.

Going in I was more excited to see the trailer for TDK and I definitely wasn't disapointed. And then with IAL being better than I expected, it turned into a very enjoyable evening and I'm counting down the days until TDK is released. Ledger seems PERFECT for this role.

Nothing like the source material which is far superior, and it's dissappointing in Hollywood's third attempt at this story they still can't get it right.

Will Smith's performance was the only redeeming quality in the movie for me. The CGI was terrible, and the story in the last act of the movie fell completely apart. I agree for the most part with the reviews.

The Dark Knight trailer before hand was the highlight for sure.

I haven't read the book, but now I'm going to. I was so bummed about Sam....so bummed. At the beginning of the movie I was thinking to myself if anything happened to Sam...I was going to be pissed....ended up breaking my heart....and Smith really showed some good emotion....I thought his performance was very realistic and touching.

I heard Smith really got attached to the dog(s), so there many have not been a whole lot of needed acting there. I was really sad/mad when the dog got killed. I would have just put her in one of the zombie-vampire-rat type cages until I found a cure. That would have been a much bigger motivation for him.

Also, I felt him blowing himself up was unneeded. He could have just thrown the grenade through the hole in the glass and then got in the chimeny thing with the other two - there was room remember. Both him and the dog didn't need to die in the way the presented it. Too many loopholes they left open for me to fill their deaths were necessary.

The CGI sucked badly, especially on IMAX. The Dog(s_ deserve(s) an Oscar though. Smith was pretty good too, which he would have to be since for 90% of the film it is just him, the dog, and the manaquins.

The Dark Knight Prologue was absolutely awesome though. The Full use of the IMAX screen ruined IAL a bit for me though since it wasn't full IMAX. I thought the Batman vs Superman and Green Lantern posters were funny as were the gas prices! :lol

Just out of curiousity, to those of you that enjoyed it. Have you read the novel at all?

I have not read it, but after watching this movie and hearing how it's different from the book, I am going to read it. So often the movies never quite live up to source material.....which is sometimes why I prefer to see the movie first and then read the book....then I'm rarely ever disappointed. :)

I heard Smith really got attached to the dog(s), so there many have not been a whole lot of needed acting there. I was really sad/mad when the dog got killed. I would have just put her in one of the zombie-vampire-rat type cages until I found a cure. That would have been a much bigger motivation for him.

Also, I felt him blowing himself up was unneeded. He could have just thrown the grenade through the hole in the glass and then got in the chimeny thing with the other two - there was room remember. Both him and the dog didn't need to die in the way the presented it. Too many loopholes they left open for me to fill their deaths were necessary.

The CGI sucked badly, especially on IMAX. The Dog(s_ deserve(s) an Oscar though. Smith was pretty good too, which he would have to be since for 90% of the film it is just him, the dog, and the manaquins.

The Dark Knight Prologue was absolutely awesome though. The Full use of the IMAX screen ruined IAL a bit for me though since it wasn't full IMAX. I thought the Batman vs Superman and Green Lantern posters were funny as were the gas prices! :lol

True he didn't need to blow himself up....but I think part of him wanted to die...especially after Sam died. He was ready to go be with his family and in the process blow up a few of those darn zombie creatures.

I have not read it, but after watching this movie and hearing how it's different from the book, I am going to read it. So often the movies never quite lives up to source material.....which is sometimes why I prefer to see the movie first and then read the book....then I'm rarely ever disappointed. :)

It's a great read. You'll be amazed actually how the movie "I Am Legend" even came from the same book. Watch the 1964 Vincent Price version called "The Last Man on Earth," despite the pretty packaging of the new film it's much better and truer to the source.

It's a great read. You'll be amazed actually how the movie "I Am Legend" even came from the same book. Watch the 1964 Vincent Price version called "The Last Man on Earth," despite the pretty packaging of the new film it's much better and truer to the source.

I've heard good things about that movie. I will add it to my netflix queue and I just ordered the book from amazon. :rock

I won't spoil the book, but it's VERY different from the movie. If you're expecting the movie from the book, you'll be disappointed. I really liked the book, but I liked this movie adaption story-wise more than the book. Out of spoilspace for the book, I'm goign to stop at this.

If you're bored, you can watch this

Watch the 1964 Vincent Price version called "The Last Man on Earth,"

https://www.archive.org/details/the-last-man-on-earth

PLUS, who saw the batman/superman poster :rock:rock

Last edited:

I won't spoil the book, but it's VERY different from the movie. If you're expecting the movie from the book, you'll be disappointed. I really liked the book, but I liked this movie adaption story-wise more than the book. Out of spoilspace for the book, I'm goign to stop at this.

Well thanks for not spoiling the book. :D Now that I know it's quite different, I don't think I'll be disappointed. I tend to judge things on their own merits.

Well thanks for not spoiling the book. :D Now that I know it's quite different, I don't think I'll be disappointed. I tend to judge things on their own merits.

Different, but the same. It's hard to explain, but it's a great read

I've heard good things about that movie. I will add it to my netflix queue and I just ordered the book from amazon. :rock

My friend let me borrow The Last Man On Earth DVD, quality was about as good as a VHS but it was cheap. I thought it was good, love Vincent Price, and there were parts that seemed real old school horror, like his explanaton for why he is immune. It all makes sense and is heavily based on the book, but for scale and shear scope of the story I think I Am Legend is the better of the two in my opinion.
Mentioning Will Smith's acting, that was the holding point of the film. The only way we would believe he is the last man on earth is if Smith pulled it off. I think he did it, the city/world seemed so barren and empty with his only companion being Sam. Since Sam cannot talk it was like he was talking to himself and slowly going crazy. It is quite evident of his state of mind when he sees the department store dummy and thinks it is alive.
Will Smith carried this film, and for this story he absolutely had to. This wasn't like the Omega Man were the Zombie Vampires were intelligent and talked and we saw them plot and plan. This was Will Smith alone and he held his own.

Back