Hulk VS Spidey Notice!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very interestingly again, my credit card has been pre-authorized, and this time I paid 162 $ to the shipment so far :emperor

I hope in the actual invoice, shipment will be lower , this prices are really killing me though :monkey1

What I am suprised is, although I am not from USA, I am being charged and send before all the other countries. Anyway, I can not say I am disappointed for this, may be a lower edition number will drop to my chance :monkey5

PS: Just e-mailed with Jennifer and I requested this not to be shipped at least in the next 10 days to make sure that kit and hulk do not come at the same time. Bloody custom people cause lots of problems if you have more than 2 packages :(

Last edited:
Another Green here, should be coming tomorrow. I'll be out of town until Sunday, so I should came home to a nice surprise:chew

For anyone who gets packages delivered to their work, get your shipping method changed to regular Fed Ex! It cost over $9 to ship Kit Residential, and only $19 to ship this diorama via regular. It would've cost easily over $30 to ship this Home Delivery. At least I'll be able to save a little more on shipping now.

Darth Loki said:
For anyone who gets packages delivered to their work, get your shipping method changed to regular Fed Ex! It cost over $9 to ship Kit Residential, and only $19 to ship this diorama via regular. It would've cost easily over $30 to ship this Home Delivery. At least I'll be able to save a little more on shipping now.

Actually, FedEx Home Delivery will always be cheaper than FedEx Express based on the same package and weight. My Kit Fisto cost $6.98 to ship, while the SSE Ardeth Bey (which is 26lbs like the Hulk/Spidy) cost $19.06; both used Home Delivery. There is a base cost to a shipment that all packages will start with and then the rate increases based on weight, size and destination, so a small package like Kit will seem more expensive.

lcummins said:
Actually, FedEx Home Delivery will always be cheaper than FedEx Express based on the same package and weight. My Kit Fisto cost $6.98 to ship, while the SSE Ardeth Bey (which is 26lbs like the Hulk/Spidy) cost $19.06; both used Home Delivery. There is a base cost to a shipment that all packages will start with and then the rate increases based on weight, size and destination, so a small package like Kit will seem more expensive.

I've worked in shipping for about 5 years and Residential shipments are ALWAYS more expensive. It takes drivers a lot longer to deliver a truck full of packages to residences than to businesses. Both UPS and Fed Ex make up for this by charging more for residentials than domestic shipments. I've never gotten a large (PF) package from SS under $27 until now. This thing ain't light, or small. I would expect the difference between 12" to be less ( I should find out when they ship SDCC Anakin in two weeks) than the shipping of PF or dioramas. Not to mention that signature delivery is placed on all orders over $100 to add another $ or 2 to the shipping cost.

Darth Loki said:
I've worked in shipping for about 5 years and Residential shipments are ALWAYS more expensive. It takes drivers a lot longer to deliver a truck full of packages to residences than to businesses. Both UPS and Fed Ex make up for this by charging more for residentials than domestic shipments. I've never gotten a large (PF) package from SS under $27 until now. This thing ain't light, or small. I would expect the difference between 12" to be less ( I should find out when they ship SDCC Anakin in two weeks) than the shipping of PF or dioramas. Not to mention that signature delivery is placed on all orders over $100 to add another $ or 2 to the shipping cost.

But, FedEx hires contractors to do the Home Delivery routes, who have to purchase their own truck, etc. I ship packages from work all the time and will compare rates between Home and Express service, and Home is always less expensive! This is my experience, your mileage may vary! :monkey5

Here is a rate quote from FedEx for the Ardeth Bey 1:1 bust box size and weight:

Ship From / To Newbury park, 91320, U.S.A. > Round rock, 78664, U.S.A. on July 13, 2006.

Package information 1 package 26.0 lbs Your Packaging 15 x 17 x 26 inches 0 USD

Results
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delivery Date/Time Service Rate (US$)
8:00 AM Fri Jul 14, 2006 FedEx First Overnight® $174.01
10:30 AM Fri Jul 14, 2006 FedEx Priority Overnight® $145.01
3:00 PM Fri Jul 14, 2006 FedEx Standard Overnight® $131.85
7:00 PM Mon Jul 17, 2006 FedEx 2Day® $97.34
7:00 PM Tue Jul 18, 2006 FedEx Express Saver® $74.72
End of day (3 Business Days) FedEx Home Delivery® $17.91
Same day in shortest time possible. Call 1·800·Go·FedEx for availability and rate. FedEx Same Day®

And this is an example for Kit...

Ship From / To Newbury park, 91320, U.S.A. > Round rock, 78664, U.S.A. on July 13, 2006

Package information 1 package 3.0 lbs Your Packaging 8 x 7 x 15 inches 0 USD
Results
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delivery Date/Time Service Rate (US$)
8:00 AM Fri Jul 14, 2006 FedEx First Overnight® $83.88
10:30 AM Fri Jul 14, 2006 FedEx Priority Overnight® $54.88
3:00 PM Fri Jul 14, 2006 FedEx Standard Overnight® $47.63
7:00 PM Mon Jul 17, 2006 FedEx 2Day® $24.72
7:00 PM Tue Jul 18, 2006 FedEx Express Saver® $19.38
End of day (3 Business Days) FedEx Home Delivery® $7.30
Same day in shortest time possible. Call 1·800·Go·FedEx for availability and rate. FedEx Same Day®

Last edited:
Mine is in transit since 7/12 but I am kinda frustrated that there is no delivery date mentionned in the tracking email or in my invoice :monkey2 But I will at least have it this week YAAAAAAY :D

Holy crap Tom, I'm very surprised I got something before you did. My green arrived the same time as my grey hulk, # 033/500. :rock

I didn't open the grey just the green one. DAMN! Hulk is massive! :google

The green I'm keeping.

So I take it I'm not getting one numbered in the 30's when it finally arrives...

Nice number for you, though!!

I had hoped mine would ship today, but I didn't get my FedEx notification.

:monkey2

I have no idea why they didn't ship my Gray and Green at the same time...

DannieDarKo said:
Holy crap Tom, I'm very surprised I got something before you did. My green arrived the same time as my grey hulk, # 033/500. :rock

I requested it to be hold 8 days ago to see that Kit comes first without any custom problems. As I receive Kit yesterday, now I probably will regret if I will get a number like 333 :emperor :D

very nice number , congrats

Bodie The Cursed said:
*Raises Hand*

"So, it is down to you, and it is down to me..."

vizzini.jpg

And so it begins...

The race to Green Hulk #497!!!

Back