HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

I see that he still has weak ankles and still requires that silly stand..sheesh.

Not at all, I just prefer using the stand on expensive figures like this. The ankles are fine.

He definately has his strong points but it's got to a point that you don't know if you're looking at a modded or original figure and yes, some of the well lit and atmospheric photos do make him look very real from the front..

I have already stated I modded the neck on mine, so that's how you can tell.

But man those brightly lit rear photos are horrendous and make him look like a $25.00 toy!

Thanks for the compliments. :rolleyes: You obviously have not witnessed this beauty in hand.

And yes, that wrist gap is indeed goofy...

Not at all, just because I was taking so many pics I did not notice it wasn't on all the way that time. Plus, switching the hands is quite tricky.

Don't get me wrong, I have the OC version and like what HT did but even the cape on the new suit doesn't look as good as the OC because at least the OC has the cowl covering the cape on the back side.

DOH!

Of course though, there is no way for the cowl to cover the cape on this ver, unless HT completely changed the whole TDK design from the film! :confused:

Wonderful stuff there Snake. Just terrific. Thanks!

Thanks very much pjam! :)

Not at all, I just prefer using the stand on expensive figures like this. The ankles are fine.

I have already stated I modded the neck on mine, so that's how you can tell.

Thanks for the compliments. :rolleyes: You obviously have not witnessed this beauty in hand.

Not at all, just because I was taking so many pics I did not notice it wasn't on all the way that time. Plus, switching the hands is quite tricky.

Of course though, there is no way for the cowl to cover the cape on this ver, unless HT completely changed the whole TDK design from the film! :confused:

Thanks very much pjam! :)

Well, that's actually a good thing for everyone that HT improved his ankle design and made it stronger than the OC version.

I'm aware that they're different cowl designs which have to match the movies, all I was stating was that I prefer the OC rear cape design than the new suit.

I had a feeling that the wrist peg wasn't pushed in all the way, I was just stating my feelings on what it looked like in the picture which is what was being presented for everyone to look at.

Same for the rear head shots, regardless how excellent he looks like in person, I can only go by the shots you provided and in those shots, he looks like a cheap toy with that silly skinny neck and big doofy head.

I own the HT OC Batman so I know what the quality is like from HT regardless of which Batman version it is.

My peeve with the OC Batman was those damn weak ankles (yet awesome looking boots no doubt)!

Great photos, Snake. Is there a better way to flatten the cape that doesn't require stuffing it under the shoulder pads? It seems a lot of people are doing that.

How the hell does HT do this so well, but no one else can seem to come close to their quality in 1/6 scale? These things are amazing! I'd be super broke if they did 1/4 scale!

100_1237_640x480.jpg

Nice!!! I like the different "Artsy" pics people throw up but personally I like these straight forward, no nonsense pics because that's how I display my stuff. So pics like this give me a good idea of what a figure will look like if I get it.

I gotta say.. I'm liking this figure more and more. The neck mod definitely helps the overall appearance. Good job man!!!

A little TDK inspiration with the Orig suit -

Holy crap. I had to look at that twice to notice it was the figure

nice scubasteve!! that looks sweet!

Snake sucker which neck mod did you do again?

its a great figure.

I'm liking the bright pics better to be honest, rather than the pitch black ones where i can't see what the hell is goin' on! THAT ^ is SIIIIIICK :D

His proportion looks perfect too me. Don't see the need to dremel the hell out of this fig at all. I should be getting mine tomorrow. Can't wait!!! My Joker is getting lonely.

The only thing necessary is to make those cuts in the head base. Other than that, leave as it is. It really is a perfect figure.

I got mine today and the cape is a real problem, one side of it won't lay flat at all because of the clips that hold it in place is wrong or just not finished properly, looks terrible. :(
Might have to resort to a spare off ebay to cure it.

I got mine today and the cape is a real problem, one side of it won't lay flat at all because of the clips that hold it in place is wrong or just not finished properly, looks terrible. :(
Might have to resort to a spare off ebay to cure it.

There should be some way to take off the cape so perhaps it just needs some futzing

Mine, the cape was real good. Didnt even have to use the shoulder pads to make it right. The main problem with my figure was trading hands as one of the came with ball joint atached

The cape on mine is a little like that nozzlewizard, just be patient and 'futz' and it should work out. :)

CristiMAN, the peg/wrist connector problem is a common issue on the HT Bats figures.

For anyone further interested in how the suit comes apart:

100_1346_640x480.jpg

This is the best place to separate to allow removal of the chest plate I think.
100_1347_640x480.jpg

100_1349_640x480.jpg

Where you can see the two separate pieces here, there is some strong glue around most of the center.
100_1351_640x480.jpg

I sanded a lot of the chest down, a tiny bit of the upper rib, (hardly noticeable), and the clavicle area of the torso to allow more neck movement.
100_1355_640x480.jpg

100_1370_640x480.jpg

Back