HT MMS-432 Batman Tactical Batsuit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT Batmen tend to suffer from the top of the mouth not fitting into the cowl properly. I think the regular BVS was ok though. The 89 does suffer. These pics of the tactical suit are worrying - hopefully, they just haven't pushed it in all the way for these displays.

I don't think I can say this about my DX12 either. Mine looks fine.

So glad I got my order in on this from BBTS. Like a lot of you, I've done a complete 180 on this suit. Still looks like the Crime Syndicate's Owlman, but I can dig it.

Hey thanks guys for all the input on the JL vs AK batman! There were a lot of good points made. I've decided to go with this fella right here!

In the end it came down to a few things which I think were mentioned by all ya peeps.

AK is likely the only Conroy batman we'll ever get so big plus there. It's a really cool look.
From the waist up.
I hate the shiny pants however. The top half looks spectacular but it falls apart as you go beneath the waist.
I don't have a batfleck, as I always felt that his BVS look looks great sometimes but too fat/bulky other times. Was hoping they'd basically do the same costume for JL but slim it down a bit, however the new costume looks off to me, at least the hot toys version. So it'd be good to have one for the trinity / JL look. I figure batman would need some extra protection if he's playing in the same field as WW n supes anyhow lol.
I also won't be buying any of the other AK figs. Unless they make a scarecrow... Please lords of toys let them make a scarecrow! Instant PO!

I know all the nite owl jokes but his goggles look awesome haha. One negative is someone photoshopped him without the goggles and his cowl looked kinda funky. I hope it looks better so we have many options.

So quite a few pros n cons on each side. However in the end the shiny disco pants did me in, n the goggles on the other hand.

And now I can make an awesome display where he quotes Rainier Wolfcastle - 'Ze goggles.. Zey do nothing!!'

So thanks again folks, I'm happy in this decision (except for the fact I'd have AK in another couple months n this guy next year), and all that is IMO of course. Everyone has their own likes n dislikes.

It's also nice to see that a few others were in the same boat as me between the 2 figures. Feels like I belong. Lol.

Sorry if it got overlong here.

Cheers, n thanks again!

Cheers, n thanks again!

While I know a few folks on here are going to get really uncomfortable with me saying this - I'm building my Batman universe from various sources. I'll be doing BvS bats, JL Tacti-cool, and my custom Bruce Wayne from those films, Harley from Suicide Squad, and Joker will be from Arkham Asylum.

My only caveat is that they are all believable together (I still stand that the way to fix the DCEU Joker is model him off of Troy Baker's Arkham Origins incarnation) - so in a sense I would never throw the Arkham City Batman or Nolan Scarecrow in here, for example. But given that all the batsuits have sort of appeared as skins in the Arkham games, it makes gelling things together a bit easier.

I would love to see Scarecrow from AK show up from HT, he's got a great look that would fit right in with the Snyder film designs in my opinion.

Actually I'm not against that at all. In many lines I collect (God help me) I mix and match according to whatever makes sense together for me, so I get where you're coming from. I really like the AK joker but I just feel he needs another laughing/maniacal headsculpt to play around with. If it had that it woulda been an instabuy for me.

Tacti-cool... Damn straight lol.

I've warmed up to this look before it went up for PO, but WTF is going on with this price?? HT has been in a nice groove with the majority of figs falling between $220-$250, with some appropriately being a little more or a little less. But this fig is very much in line with most other $235 releases. What the hell makes this $31 more? Especially after the IM Die Cast releases have been creeping upwards in price, and then the MK II comes down $20-$30?

Agreed the price is steep especially when you consider they have just recycled the mouth plates and most of his accessories from the BvS figure.

I was messaged that this would be more expensive than originally considered, but it's release was close- October .

Yeah, the price was indeed a surprise. I thought this won't go beyond $250. As always we can only speculate as far as HT's pricing is concerned and how they arrive at a given SRP, but I understand every baffled collector since the previous BvS figures including the detailed Armored Batman are at least $15 cheaper just a little over a year ago. Yes it has a new body, but then again the BvS ones also had them and they're not far off from previous releases price-wise.

PO for the EX here will be exclusively offered at a local comic con, but I was already told by the dealer that I can visit a branch a get the EX anytime if I can't make it to the show. I was looking forward to ordering this, but weird as it seems just I was told that I already could, I suddenly made some thinking. With our currency being at a 7-year low vs the US$, its SRP is almost near the value I paid for some 1/4 figures just 3 years ago and I thought, "is it really worth that much?".

They are simply setting new price standard for the upcoming year or two. It will never get cheaper, remember that, price will go only up from time to time.

Here it is from Hot Toys Secret Base Facebook page:

1abe8a7ede0610aeb727400b182f3927.jpg

The price is comparably high compared to the BvS figures. Doesn't seem right considering all the accessories, eye and mouth plates are reused. Even the hands and belt. I hope at least regular Batman is cheaper. But I wonder what it means for the rest of the League.

eye and mouth plates, hands, belt, as you already stated. And also grappling gun and batarangs. All reused from BvS figure. Except "grenades" and goggles there is really no new accessory.

eye and mouth plates, hands, belt, as you already stated. And also grappling gun and batarangs. All reused from BvS figure. Except "grenades" and goggles there is really no new accessory.

Yeah all accessories and gadgets have been used previously except like you said, the grenades and goggles. When the BvS figure came out everything was newly developed and was cheaper. Even the exclusive limited edition Suicide Squad Batman was the same at $235, which went up 5 months before this one.

Well, it's been done I guess. Still really looking forward to it. I'm liking how the cape looks here. It doesn't seem like it has wires at the top portion like the regular suit BvS did. That should help with the cape staying flat when turning the head.

It's probably the armor. Armored Batman from BvS was roughly that price, and he didn't even come with as many accessories.

The armor is so minimal and under it is the regular Bat Suit. Looking at how they handled the pricing on SS EX Bats and BvS Armored Bats (who has much more armor that this, with LED function), I just can't rationalize the extra $31. Not saying I definitely won't get this (points/code), but I hate these kind of unreasonable and unexplainable price hikes.

Gladiator Hulk is a great comparison for this. They are using a reused base body and screaming sculpt, but adding 2 huge newly developed weapons, a Hulk sized newly developed suit of armor with new hands and feet, a newly developed second sculpt.... and it's coming in $20 cheaper than the Aou Deluxe???

The only way I can even make sense out of that is big-time Bats tax, and a sizable price break on the Hulk to help move a piece that might not be overly popular

Back