HT Joker: Police Officer Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy the enthusiasm HT's put into this line, it's probably their fullest since ALIENS (for a single movie), BUT, the face that there are only 3 characters in 6 figures is a bit saddening. I enjoy those variants, but it's still dissappointing that there's no Gordon, and assuming somehow they could revisit Begins, Ra's, Scarecrow.

Full lines are nice, but full of variety, not repetition.
yeah MF i really hope they venture into new characters with a Gordon, Ras , and Scarecrow. i'd probably only go with the first two, but only because i realy don't like Scarecrow.

I agree with this. Although I would say that the Joker was the only character with different versions, and some would argue that its warranted, given the characters popularity. I guess it could be said that HT didnt need to release another version of the Begins suit, but it gave many people (me) an opportunity to get the improved version of that character.

Which is all fine, I'm fine with variants, but don't make that all your line is. It's like Medicom's Star Wars offering, for a long time it was just Troop variant after Troop variant, boring, and saddening because each variant takes a slot for a fresh figure.

If Hot Toys included a Gordon in this line, i'd feel much better about it. As much as I like my Batmans and Jokers, it's kinda frustrating that they're pretty much all their is. It was very exciting getting Two-Face because I finally had a TDK figure that wasn't Batman or Joker.

I think I will get this one, I will probably preorder just to have it but might cancel. I have BR version and I still want V1 so we will see. This is pretty sweet though.

Because they're likely to get some poor sucker.

The NL mentions the word rare, so if you scare the ^^^^ out of some consumers enough, they'll spend whatever to make sure they don't miss out on the super rare piece.

Which is all fine, I'm fine with variants, but don't make that all your line is. It's like Medicom's Star Wars offering, for a long time it was just Troop variant after Troop variant, boring, and saddening because each variant takes a slot for a fresh figure.

If Hot Toys included a Gordon in this line, i'd feel much better about it. As much as I like my Batmans and Jokers, it's kinda frustrating that they're pretty much all their is. It was very exciting getting Two-Face because I finally had a TDK figure that wasn't Batman or Joker.

I think it has been mentioned that they cant produce a Gordon because of the actors licensing, although who knows how accurate that is. It doesnt excuse the absence of notable Begins characters, namely the Scarecrow. The only thing I can figure out is that the licensing agreement on Begins expired, and it would be too much of an expense to go get it back.

I think it has been mentioned that they cant produce a Gordon because of the actors licensing, although who knows how accurate that is. It doesnt excuse the absense of notable Begins characters, namely the Scarecrow. The only thing I can figure out is that the licensing agreement on Begins expired, and it would be too much of an expense to go get it back.

Ya, word is Oldman's not covered by the TDK license and would take additional steps, and I know it's a cost and they might eat it, but ^^^^, they can rake in a boat load on Joker variants, can't you use profits on that to take a chance on something that would mean a lot to collectors even if it wasn't a broad hit. Sideshow makes background nobodies for the hardcores while making up for it with bigger sales of the popular characters. C'mon Hot Toys, do your lines justice for the devoted collectors.

Ya, word is Oldman's not covered by the TDK license and would take additional steps, and I know it's a cost and they might eat it, but ^^^^, they can rake in a boat load on Joker variants, can't you use profits on that to take a chance on something that would mean a lot to collectors even if it wasn't a broad hit. Sideshow makes background nobodies for the hardcores while making up for it with bigger sales of the popular characters. C'mon Hot Toys, do your lines justice for the devoted collectors.

Agreed. They are raking it in, howabout some fan service?

They don't even have to do a very big run on Gordon. From the teaser it sounded like they're not planning on doing a big run for the Cop Joker, so they could do the same for Gordon. Gordon may not be a big hit for all the casual collectors, but I know a lot of people here want him for their collection, including me.

The nurse Joker would have been a lot better. This joker was only seen in the movie for like 5 seconds. I'll prob end up getting one.

^^^same here. heck they could even turn out two versions of him: SWAT version, and normal version in a cool suit.

If we can get the version of Joker that had less than half a minute of total screen time, we should get some version of Gordon... HT has not one, not two, but a whole series of cash cows they could use to justify production on a Gordon figure. They're leading the 1:6 market right now, and with how ludicrously successful the TDK line has been for them, it makes sense to continue with a Gordon figure... my personal preference being SWAT Gordon. :banana

I'll be picking this up yet will keep it in MIB rather than for display purposes.

Back