HT jack sparrow (pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm in the minority but The more I see pics of him,the less I see Johnny Depp in that figure.His expression is too serious and the figure's expression lacks the craziness of the Jack Sparrow character ...Overall I think I like the Medicom one better but with a Les Repaint..The one that Pjam has looks the best.

i've yet to see any repaints of any jack figure from medi or hot toys..maybe i missed it out somewhere..care to pose a link on these repaints u spoke of??thanks!!:rotfl

edwint thanks for those images. He looks great, and has the benefit of being able to pose beautifully.

No I also don't think facially it looks much like Depp, but neither does the Medicom version.

I don't like the Medicom version much because aswell as it being a poor likeness I personally think it's a poor facial sculpt overall.

The Hot Toys head isn't a good likeness, but it least it has been finished nicely.

I'm still waiting for the 'ultimate Jack' portraiture, but sadly I think the Hot Toys one is the nearest we're ever going to get as far as a mass produced item is concerned.

I still have a huge fondness for the Kojun version though. The finishing on that was the best I've ever see.

xenoviper thats some lovely repaints. It has improved the sculpt a great deal.

Here's my favorite by Kojun. Man I wish I had this figure. :eek:

0119body15uc2.jpg

So Im thinking of giving my Peter Park Medi the ax and was thinking of getting the HT Jack Sparrow but is that REALLY the best one out there?

So Im thinking of giving my Peter Park Medi the ax and was thinking of getting the HT Jack Sparrow but is that REALLY the best one out there?

Yes, it is. I don't know what level of Jack fan you are, but if you're not too huge on your Peter Parker go for it. He's expensive, but you'll feel he was worth every penny.

Yeah that's probably one of if not the best character introduction in film in the last 25 years. I've been working on a custom environ of that scene to display my HT Jack in.
POTC_CotBP_0128.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, not only was it a great intro in a general sense, but without uttering a word, Jack Sparrow's character was defined in those brief moments.

I agree 100%...it is certainly one of the best introductions of a character in movie history I say.

Barbosa and Davy are both musts... don't really care past that what we get.

But I have a feeling they are gonna hold Davy back a bit, but man is he gonna be awesome :rock

Back