HT jack sparrow (pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh you're going to enjoy the Jack figure greatly, and I assume the same of Elizabeth, but until that's an in hand, can't say for certain. I absolutely love the Jack figure, it's growing on me more and more every time I check it out. I can be a stickler for things when it comes to beloved characters, and at first, the coat color got to me, but the more I enjoy everything else, I look past the coat thing, and even the eyes, while not totally Sparrow to me, are done so life-like I look past that too. The ONLY tough thing to get past with this figure, if you take the coat off and get down to his shirts and what not, the joints come out so much from his upper body, it has an odd look unless you futz with his shirt to cover it up, I imagine it adds good articulation, which is always a nice thing to have, but looses a bit of anatomical accurracy which my other HT figures have demonstrated.

Can't wait to have Elizabeth to interact with Jack, and others down the line, Sao looks cool, but a waste of a character.

Well, the license is for Dead Man's chest, and he has the wrap on his hand in all of the films, but if you study photos and what not from all 3 films, you'll find his buckle on his cutlas bandolier was much simpler in the first film, he only had one belt on his waist, and he didn't have anything but his compass on his belt in Curse of the Black Pearl. My theory is, either Medi skimped when making the figure, or because of timing, their reference images were Curse of the Black Pearl materials and they didn't realize it would change significantly between film 1 and 2. I've been studying Jack a lot, especially when some of the Medi-HT comparrison came up and without paying close attention, you may not pick up in the differences Johnny made from the first to second film, but he added to Jack's things and the final 2 films reflect that look.

Yeah I recently went back and watched the second disc in the Dead Mans Chest dvd set. I originally wasn't gonna pose Jack with extra belt, the chicken's foot and the vertibrae, but after watching that disc and how Depp picked all that stuff out to add to Jack's outfit, just as he picked all the parts of Jack's outfit in the first film, I decided to go ahead. As Depp pointed out, all the little do-dads are a reminder of Sparrow's adventures and each has a story behind it. Some that make you wonder how the heck did he end up with that, like the reindeer shinbone in his hair.

159.jpg

I'm hoping that HT follows suit with this figure its a must to pose next to dear ol' Jack!!

A Captain Teague would be awesome! I just want HT to make more. Of the 5 announced I really only like Jack. Hopefully they'll make one of the pirates I really want, Jones, Barbarossa or Teague.

Josh you're going to enjoy the Jack figure greatly, and I assume the same of Elizabeth, but until that's an in hand, can't say for certain.

Yeah, I think I will. They look so good from the pics and seeing them in person as well. I'm still hoping someday SS might be able to do a PF from POTC though.

Teague is a bit too much of a novelty character, I can live without him, but I am holding out for Barbossa and/or Davy Jones, that way I can display Jack in the midst of either of his greatest sword fights, I absolutely loved the duel with Jones on the Dutchman in AWE, I wish that film was hitting DVD sooner than December.

Alright after pretty much ruining the HT Sparrow jacket with the redying process I finally got it pretty much to where I want it after reattaching all the buttons, redying it 5 times and reattaching much of the inside of the jacket. The flash on these pictures are really bright so the figure definately isn't as lightly colored as in the pics but I think it turned out ok, in the end.
sparrow12.jpg

jparrow2.jpg

I got my Jack a few weeks ago, just opened it last night, looks pretty darn good I have to say, but somehow I feel like somethin's missing on his face, and the body proportion is wrong as well. Overall, it's definitely a great piece though.

Alright after pretty much ruining the HT Sparrow jacket with the redying process I finally got it pretty much to where I want it after reattaching all the buttons, redying it 5 times and reattaching much of the inside of the jacket. The flash on these pictures are really bright so the figure definately isn't as lightly colored as in the pics but I think it turned out ok, in the end.
sparrow12.jpg

jparrow2.jpg

At worst, it looks wrinkled. The color looks great though.

At worst, it looks wrinkled. The color looks great though.

Yeah I was gonna iron it but I thought Sparrows jacket would kinda have that wrinkled look to it from being in and out of the water and elements. Quick tip for anyone willing to change the jacket color..DON'T DYE IT! Instead use black and white chalk pastels and mix up a grey and apply it with a brush. Just make sure to work the pastel in with you finger tips. I finally ended up with the grey/brown jacket color it's supposed to have.

Yeah I was gonna iron it but I thought Sparrows jacket would kinda have that wrinkled look to it from being in and out of the water and elements. Quick tip for anyone willing to change the jacket color..DON'T DYE IT! Instead use black and white chalk pastels and mix up a grey and apply it with a brush. Just make sure to work the pastel in with you finger tips. I finally ended up with the grey/brown jacket color it's supposed to have.

Thanks for the tip, I may try that.

I know I'm in the minority but The more I see pics of him,the less I see Johnny Depp in that figure.His face is too serious and the figure's expression lacks the craziness of the Jack Sparrow character ...Overall I think I like the Medicom one better but with a Les Repaint..The one that Pjam has looks the best.

Back