HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ____, it doesn't matter.. I posted that I didn't think the likeness was great , you responded, Dont matter, we are all good!:peace

What price should I be paying for this in the uk? eBay prices vary a lot.

Are there more than one head sculpt?

After rewatching raiders I think I need this toy.

There isn't more then one head sculpt. The head sculpt is hollow because of the PERS Mechanism and can be distorted. I removed the mechanism and was able to squeeze the face and make him look thinner, but when I put the PERS back in, it pushed the face so that it look wider again. It the PERS mechanism that's making it look like there's more the one sculpt. I think if it looks to wide you just have to file the mechanisme down a little so it's not pushing the face so much.

^^^ Brave soldier you are! ^^^

I wouldn't even know where to begins an operation like this? Cojones I'm guessing.

313547_180487292042077_100002424218719_339508_1567347363_n.jpg

There isn't more then one head sculpt. The head sculpt is hollow because of the PERS Mechanism and can be distorted. I removed the mechanism and was able to squeeze the face and make him look thinner, but when I put the PERS back in, it pushed the face so that it look wider again. It the PERS mechanism that's making it look like there's more the one sculpt. I think if it looks to wide you just have to file the mechanisme down a little so it's not pushing the face so much.

Yeah, I posted something similar a while back, that plastic distortion on the hollow jaw, combined with really quite radical paint application has made "good heads" and "bad heads".

:panic:

Update: I have just started major cranial surgery on one of my Indy heads. There must be some way to get the PERS to fit better. So far I have removed and sanded the hard plastic PERS controller and shaved out the inside of the head, I can see improvements already...

Last edited:

I agree, I noticed that myself when I took mine apart. I do think if you dremmeled just a wee bit off the sides of the mechanism it might make a substantial difference.

I may try it today! Rain day in LA.

Update: I have just started major cranial surgery on one of my Indy heads. There must be some way to get the PERS to fit better. So far I have removed and sanded the hard plastic PERS controller and shaved out the inside of the head, I can see improvements already...

Dammit -- just read this, you beat me to it. But good, I want to see how yours comes out then first. Good luck!

Yeah, I posted something similar a while back, that plastic distortion on the hollow jaw, combined with really quite radical paint application has made "good heads" and "bad heads".

:panic:

Just saw what you did on the Indy Customization thread. Good job. :clap

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

Hey dude... I understand a lot of people being heavily disappointed by this guy...
I mean, you see how much a home-run Supes is, and definitely Indy is not HT's best... still, I think it's the best Indy figure ever released to date...

As much as I like SS Indy sculpt, I had to invest lots of time and money to make him look good...
With HT's it looks very good right out of the box...

All in all, we've come a long way from this:

indianas.jpg

To this:

eb77621c.jpg

:yess:
You're right, this is the best looking Indy figure hands down. In terms of the headsculpt compared to the likes of Supes & Capt. Jack, it comes up a little short, but still pretty damn nice none the less.

Okay, I just got my Indy.

I think the likeness will show if you move the eyes looking up, and the head a bit tilted down. Somehow I think Arnie sculpted him based on this intense stare look, so having his eyes looking down will look silly, and fade the likeness.. IMHO.

(can't take pictures, I don't have any decent camera)

Overall satisfied with the good accessories and outfit, but a bit disappointed by the likeness.

Just saw what you did on the Indy Customization thread. Good job. :clap

Thanks man, I swear this figure has become a hobby in itself. I got the DX Pirates Sparrow and it's stayed in the box, it's so good there's nothing to do with it, this set has given me more enjoyment than any other HT release (and cost me a small fortune)!

:)

So the delivery dude was here this morning with an enormous box....
Two separate threads that have had about 1000 pages and 1000 pictures....not sure what else I could add to it.

I will say this though, the sculpt DOES in fact look far better in hand. I think its an 8 in person and the photos which flatten out and expand 3D into 2D images exaggerates whats already not perfect about it. Also, tiny things you won't notice in correct 1/6 scale get blown up and look awful when photos are made 1/2 scale.
The texture and paint app on the sculpt is amazingly done as well.

While waiting for the figure I had more than a few notes taken from here of mods I would attempt to improve, but after seeing it in hand I don't see the need to try at all.

...I don't get the point of PERS at all with this figure though. Other DX's it make sense - Bruce Lee, Joker, Jackson, Sparrow - all had numerous situations where they moved/posed in one direction while looking in another, and/or at extreme angles. That's not really part of Indy as a character.....I guess he can look down slightly at the idol pedestal ?

And I got to say, I'm staggered by how awesome the set as a whole is. This is my first DX set and I don't think it will be possible to go back to normal 1/6 figures after this.
I know some people - especially those with tons of figures and not much room - don't like diorama's and bases, but for me these are the differences between worth owning and not buying now.
(one of the reasons I like PF statues are the giant bases). The pedestal, base and backdrop add so much to the figure here its crazy.

The map room dio and costume is a bonus I'm not sure I'll ever use.
...I have bought an extra Indy costume to cut up and a sankara stone and machete for a Temple of Doom look some time in the future.

I'm not saying others are wrong....I'm happy to be the wrong one and say those that don't like it are right ....but if you're an Indy fan that has cancelled or not gone through with an order because of comments and giant pics on here, then you're really missing out on this amazing set.

So glad I bought ...and to think, I only bought because the negative backlash meant a lot of Asian sellers dumped their stock on ebay cheap to get rid of it quick, tempting me with a great deal.

If it had of been well received I never would have bought it :D :D

Last edited:
^^^^ agreed! ^^^^ welcome ;)

I've got a couple figures that I have some regret on buying (batman/Bruce, believe it or not even superman) but not this this one!

He will have a long self life to come.

Back